Problems with Chevrolet after sales service

taff33

I bought a new Sonic six months ago,no problems with the car until now,it's only the large wiper blade the rubber is perished,called in to Chevrolet to get it changed.Out they came,they said 'change now'I said yes so they started to take it off,I said but I'm not paying its a new car it should last longer than six months,no joy pay 800 baht they will change now,I said no,so out came the camera photos taken then they are sent off for permission to change it.Any one else have problems like this.

So what is the problem that you see? You've asked for an item not covered by the warranty to be replaced free of charge and the dealer is asking Chevrolet head office for permission to do so. Seems to me that they're being pretty helpful.

So what is the problem that you see? You've asked for an item not covered by the warranty to be replaced free of charge and the dealer is asking Chevrolet head office for permission to do so. Seems to me that they're being pretty helpful.

dont you think that's the wipers should last more than six months?,the other two are OK.

As others have already noted, there are several parts of your car that are considered consumables, and thus not covered under warranty. Wiper blades, light bulbs, tires, brake pads, clutches, and all types of fluids.

Wiper blades generally remain useful for at least 2 years in Thailand conditions - so yes, it is unusual for them to be failing so quickly. Have you been using any harsh soaps when washing the car? Putting any additives into the windshield washer bottle? Adding any type of protectant to the rubber itself?

As others have already noted, there are several parts of your car that are considered consumables, and thus not covered under warranty. Wiper blades, light bulbs, tires, brake pads, clutches, and all types of fluids.

Wiper blades generally remain useful for at least 2 years in Thailand conditions - so yes, it is unusual for them to be failing so quickly. Have you been using any harsh soaps when washing the car? Putting any additives into the windshield washer bottle? Adding any type of protectant to the rubber itself?

The answer to all the above is no,that's what I don't understand and it's only the one blade,I've had this type 'rot' before but only old blades,but thanks for your help. Edited by taff33

First problem is you bought a Chevy, mate. This is just the beginning..

Care to divulge further please,after 7 years as a Colorado owner I have nothing but praise for their after service care and the reliability of the truck itself.

A new fan belt,change of tyres,regular oil changes,wiper blades the usual wear and tear,as good as new.

Edited by stoneyboy

First problem is you bought a Chevy, mate. This is just the beginning..

Care to divulge further please,after 7 years as a Colorado owner I have nothing but praise for their after service care and the reliability of the truck itself.

A new fan belt,change of tyres,regular oil changes,wiper blades the usual wear and tear,as good as new.

Were you aware that GM was bankrupt? They needed a 50billiion dollar bailout from the US government. The US government lost 11 billion dollars. What was the problem? Cookie cutter designs, high maintenance, and low quality parts used.

Japanese vehicles were far superior. Nobody wanted the US cars but they were far behind the game. It's hard to sell cars when the makers say they are producing garbage and the CEO of the company admits that their cars are shit.

Recently, they have been producing better quality cars though and their profits have been much higher.

You need to lift them off the glass when you park the vehicle.

Sorry, Don, but that is absolutely unnecessary and pointless.

Sorry Altration, next I will mention that the post is sarcasm.

Glad to hear it. I did think that it was odd that you would post daft advice like that!

Edited by Alration

Just came back from Chevrolet,and they changed the both front wipers.
And did you pay anything?

[/quote nothing all,only three signatures and not on blank checks.

So all in all there was no problem at all.

Yes you are right, I think that the service that I had with Isuzu was they would change whatever was needed without having to ask permission, and I thought that was standard with other companies,but you live and learn.As I drove into the service area they came out and changed the blades straight away ,no complaints what so ever ,better service than Isuzu.

Chevrolet in Thailand don't seem to do well sales figure wise, be that bad vehicle, bad sales staff, or just a bad reputation, who knows but once a manufacturer gets that bad/ poor design/ unreliable image its hard to shake off, look at skoda, they finally shook off that image, but only after being taken over by the children poisoners VW,

I'm not saying they are poor vehicles, I'm just talking image and that seems to matter more

You need to lift them off the glass when you park the vehicle.

Sorry, Don, but that is absolutely unnecessary and pointless.

Why..?

Well, apart from the ones who do it for "look at me and my new car" reasons (how many times do you see old cars with the wipers lifted?), most people who lift the wipers off do so because they think that if they don't the wipers will melt on to the glass. They don't.

Edited by Alration

Why..?

Well, apart from the ones who do it for "look at me and my new car" reasons (how many times do you see old cars with the wipers lifted?), most people who lift the wipers off do so because they think that if they don't the wipers will melt on to the glass. They don't.

You don't know the reason, do you.......rolleyes.gif

What? I don't know the reason for lifting the wipers off the screen or for leaving them down? Make yourself clear then re-educate me and then I'll put you right.

What? I don't know the reason for lifting the wipers off the screen or for leaving them down? Make yourself clear then re-educate me and then I'll put you right.

You don't know............You have already made your statement. coffee1.gif

I don't know what? If you mean that I don't know the reason for lifting wipers off the windscreen then you're right because there isn't a rational one. But maybe you could be a bit less cryptic and say what you mean? Or explain what the reason is for lifting them. Judging by the fact that you haven't explained the reason I imagine you don't know.

dont you think that's the wipers should last more than six months?,the other two are OK.

Under normal conditions

Under certain circumstances it would not last a day.

Not saying that it was not defective material, I simply don't now, but it is also possible that it was subjected to environmental hazards, that you might not even be aware of.

Solvents, tree residues, etc etc can also have an affect on windshield blade life. and many of this things can occure with out you knowing about it. That is one reason why manufacturers do not guarantee such items,

At home my vehicles were under roof. Where I worked they were parked outside. When outside, I tried to remember to lift the wiper blades. There was a good reason for that because I lived in Ohio and freezing rain was common. When the wipers were frozen to the wind shield and turned on, it often ripped the rubber off. Here in Thailand I have never lifted the blades except when cleaning the rubber. Some window cleaner on a scrub pad removes oil and grime from the wiper blades and they then work like new.