Temperatures expected to fall in North & Northeast with slight rain

webfact

Temperatures expected to fall in North & Northeast with slight rain

THAILAND, 15 December 2015 (NNT) - Rainfall is expected at certain areas in Thailand’s northern region as temperatures continue to drop.

Temperatures in the northeastern region will drop by 3-5 degrees Celsius, while other regions will see temperatures decline by 2-4 degrees.

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has reported a high pressure system from China will expand to Thailand’s northeastern region on December 15 and will eventually cover Thailand’s entire northern region by December 19.

As a result, temperatures in the area will drop with precipitation expected in some areas. Meanwhile, the monsoon approaching the Gulf of Thailand and the country’s southern region is expected to grow in strength, causing waves in the region from Surat Thani province and southward to be as high as 2-3 meters.

Caution has been advised to regular fishing boats, while smaller vessels should refrain from conducting activities between December 16 and 19. Meanwhile, Typhoon Melor that has reached the Philippines is forecast to move towards the Southern China Sea on December 17 before weakening.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-12-15 footer_n.gif

Cooling off: Typhoon Melor brings temperature drop to Thailand

typhoon.png

BANGKOK:-- Temperatures are expected to drop across Thailand as Typhoon Melor heads away from the Philippines.

A strong high pressure from China will bring some rains and lower temperatures by around 4-6 degrees Celsius across the country.

Meanwhile small boats will be kept ashore and ships advised to stay cautious in the Gulf of Thailand as the typhoon heads across the South China Sea.

Typhoon Melor has lashed the Philippines with strong winds and heavy rains, killing at least three people and forcing hundreds of thousands of people to evacuate.

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-15

Would be nice to see snow wink.png

Someone told me a long time ago, that it has snowed before in Thailand, In Chiang Rai I think, about 50 years ago. With the global warming and freak weather it creates maybe it will snow again in Thailand.

I've had it snow on me 3 times on Doi Inthanon. Last time was 2010.

The lowest ever recorded temperature in Bangkok was 9.9 °C (49.8 °F) in January 1955, which coincidentally was the same year snow fell in Chiang Rai. Yes I was right and again in 2010, wonder if Thailand will get snow this year? Jack Frost and Santa are on their way, I can hear those bells jingling.

"Temperatures in the northeastern region will drop by 3-5 degrees Celsius, while other regions will see temperatures decline by 2-4 degrees."

Drop and decline from what temperatures?

Makes as much sense as reporting the football scores: 2-0, 3-1, 5-3, 3-3, 6-1.

Just hope it's not those big ice rocks falling out of the sky , like a couple of years ago in CM & CR !

On a visa run to Mai Sai , 3-4 cm ice fell , I drove straight onto some private peoples lot which had a big carport and waited....

They were home but didn't say anything about it.

Anyway , the 2 months of coolness in evolving in just 1 month/ year ...if we're lucky...

Yes. From Thursday 17th the forecasts show a drop in temperatures by 5 degrees for the central part, which means Bangkok. The "cool" spell (that is 21 degrees lowest in the morning and 32 the highest during the day) will last for 2-3 days and then back to higher temperatures. So far this winter is one of the hottest in Bangkok for the last 10 years. The temperatures hardly drop below 25 degrees at night. So I am really looking forward to having the cool spell that will last 2-3 days!

Edited by Thunder26

Hope it snows in CM! My wife really wants to see snow. Ive showed her pictures of my house back home with 5 feet outside. She still wants to see snow,I just shake my head5555

It might be a white Christmas in Chiang Mai after all. The weather forecast for Christmas Eve is a thunderstorm. Thunderstorms cause hail stones, hail stones falling in Thailand is as close as it gets to real snow. So you could theoretically wake up early Christmas morning and see white hailstones everywhere that looks like it snowed. A white Christmas. Happy holidays!

Weather forecast - http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/thailand/chiang-mai/ext

The lowest ever recorded temperature in Bangkok was 9.9 °C (49.8 °F) in January 1955, which coincidentally was the same year snow fell in Chiang Rai. Yes I was right and again in 2010, wonder if Thailand will get snow this year? Jack Frost and Santa are on their way, I can hear those bells jingling.

I'm not sure how reliable the source is for 9.9, even if it's official, because I clearly remember it being 8 degrees outside my house in Bangkok about five years ago. The problem with it being cold in Thailand is there's no heating. You just have to wait for the sun to do its work by mid-morning. Anyway, most of the time winter in Thailand merely means lower humidity, not lower temperatures. Been great up in Kalasin for most of the last month or so with clear skies and hence lower humidity. Hot (mid 30s) but pleasant.

We had no snow yesterday in the far north but at lotus yesterday i heard those bells ah jingling followed by frickin Dingen ben , dingen ben ,dingen all the <deleted> way !

Yes. From Thursday 17th the forecasts show a drop in temperatures by 5 degrees for the central part, which means Bangkok. The "cool" spell (that is 21 degrees lowest in the morning and 32 the highest during the day) will last for 2-3 days and then back to higher temperatures. So far this winter is one of the hottest in Bangkok for the last 10 years. The temperatures hardly drop below 25 degrees at night. So I am really looking forward to having the cool spell that will last 2-3 days!

It was getting down to 15-16 in the early morning this time last year in Bkk. Loved it with a t-shirt while all the Thais are wearing eskimo coats lol

Would be nice to see snow wink.png

go to some special bars....you find people sniffing....they call it "snow"

Yep, it's certainly snowing in Pai. Mae Hong Son Province. Try the last "restaurant" ( just a reason to be there) on the left before the Naam Took.

It's snowing there frequently......facepalm.gif

"Temperatures in the northeastern region will drop by 3-5 degrees Celsius, while other regions will see temperatures decline by 2-4 degrees."

Drop and decline from what temperatures?

Makes as much sense as reporting the football scores: 2-0, 3-1, 5-3, 3-3, 6-1.

"Drop and decline from what temperatures? "

From what they've been recently.

Makes about as much sense as saying the Dow is likely to fall 100 points. It would be assumed to mean a drop from the most recent close.

It snowed in 2010 in Chiang Mai.

That is not snow. That is hail! Snow and hail are different things! Or we have to go back to primary and learn the difference?

Aye, easy to see the difference...

Make a ball, throw at target face, if stitches are needed, that was hail... gigglem.gif