Thai Wife has been at a Buddhist Temple for 2 months and counting

If you care about her, I'd suggest that you visit her on a regular basis. I've known plenty of Thais who have gone on sabbaticals, but the ones I know generally gravitate to a forest monastery.

Personally, I'd check up on her a few times a week. If you want to keep your relationship together, you may want to spend some time there too -- quiet sabbatical, you don't have to be Buddhist.

If you visit and she is not there, you have different problems. It all depends whether or not you want the relationship to continue? But, do your homework. You really need to go to the temple and find out her status. If my wife told me she is going to a temple and was gone longer than we initially agreed on, I'd follow her to find out what is going on.

If she just left, and you're just now getting around to asking questions and soliciting advice, then I really have to ask: "Do you really care about your relationship." I would have never let it get that far gone personally.

Best of luck.

Edited by connda

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, be a man. Don't get on this forum and play the victim, and ask us our opinion. You already know whats going on, and you're being a doormat. Thai girls are some of the most submissive in the world. If you can't man-up to a Thai girl....well......your issues run way deeper than your current 'problem'. Sorry, but someone needs to smack you back into manhood.

When myself and "she who must be obeyed" are around each other too much and start to get on each other's nerves....I tell her to go and take up a job for a few months....seems like the ideal solution and profitable for both of us.

Wow. Do you have full knowledge of the job she takes up for those few months?rolleyes.gif

I asked my Thai GF about this situation, and her response was "kee nok" ( Bird shit ). Thai women will sometimes stay at a temple if they are sick or conflicted; however, usually 2-3 days and one week maximum.

There is also the ritual 3 days in January for cleansing of the temple, which all village women join in.

Agree with other posters - the OP is being played. His response is up to him.

translating from my Thai Gf,,,,she want for clean head, and think for clean heart and and feel, sure she say 2 weeks, but maybe decide for more.

She change mind,, go to temple and touch and check...all might not be bad...

Don't trust these <deleted> here.

Way different culture, but after a couple days i would be dragging my GF out by her hair, or decide to move along.

Communication is very important, and at some times lack of communication can be very good also...

Cheers

I asked my Thai GF about this situation, and her response was "kee nok" ( Bird shit ). Thai women will sometimes stay at a temple if they are sick or conflicted; however, usually 2-3 days and one week maximum.

There is also the ritual 3 days in January for cleansing of the temple, which all village women join in.

Is that all the women are suitable for? Cleaning up after the Monks?

Maybe she has made a wise choice.

"Respect" is something which should be earned not demanded or expected.

Either you have a one in a million circle of friends or you live somewhere else because very often you will get no respect no matter who you are unless you are rich and sharing it. Such the Culture amongst so many

Man up. Life isn't about how you think its supposed to be.

The woman, your wife is at a Temple. I wouldn't give it another thought. Three months would seem minimum.

Then why don't you try talking to a man of God, not TV? Or as I've heard them called a Lady Buddha.

Or a mental health therapist.

Is that all the women are suitable for? Cleaning up after the Monks?

O ye of little faith....

Man up. Life isn't about how you think its supposed to be.

The woman, your wife is at a Temple. I wouldn't give it another thought. Three months would seem minimum.

Then why don't you try talking to a man of God, not TV? Or as I've heard them called a Lady Buddha.

Or a mental health therapist.

Quite extraordinary how consistent the contents of your posts are.

This is right out of the Hidden Boyfriend Playbook.........or back 'working' if that was ever the case......If you cant at least visit her to verify. I would bet your being played. Move on. Life is to short to spend it with a person who doesnt want to be with you. I hope I am wrong. Good luck.

Time to check all the bankbooks and figure out what is in her name and if it still is. She may have sold things out from under you at fire sale prices unless your in a condo that YOU own. Same goes for vehicle ownership etc. She sure has had enough time to do this. If the child is living with her parents that could be a strategic first move. If she does indeed come back be prepared to eat a lot of humble pie, negotiate talk communicate. The latter seems to be most of your problem. Is she old enough to go into menopause well that is another whole ball game. If may be time to move on as another poster has stated and carry some of these lessons with you.

My wife and I have a friend who left the village to become a Machee for three months at a forest monastery that we have been to on retreats ourselves. It's not unheard of, but our friend said upfront, "I'm becoming a Machee (female monk) for the next three months. I'm assuming the OP's wife said no such thing. She made that decision after working in Phuket for about three years and then returning to the village. I'm assuming she was burnt out on Phuket.

Firstly, be a man. Don't get on this forum and play the victim, and ask us our opinion. You already know whats going on, and you're being a doormat. Thai girls are some of the most submissive in the world. If you can't man-up to a Thai girl....well......your issues run way deeper than your current 'problem'. Sorry, but someone needs to smack you back into manhood.

My, my, my .... "Thai girls are some of the most submissive in the world"

Hard not to guess that you are rather new to this subject.

They are tigers with razor sharp claws.

It will be interesting to read your posting next holiday season!

translating from my Thai Gf,,,,she want for clean head, and think for clean heart and and feel, sure she say 2 weeks, but maybe decide for more.

She change mind,, go to temple and touch and check...all might not be bad...

Don't trust these <deleted> here.

Way different culture, but after a couple days i would be dragging my GF out by her hair, or decide to move along.

Communication is very important, and at some times lack of communication can be very good also...

Cheers

"i would be dragging my GF out by her hair"!!! "Communication is very important"!.... Are u serious? Talking about assaulting ur GF but maintaining very impprtant communication!!!??? U need help...

My wife knows... she can stay at the temple, but every moment she spends there, i will be seeking and finding other female company...

Balanced relation since then...

Same here.

My wife once threatened me with going to a temple for some time.

I said OK you go, send me a message on facebook when you come back, I will be in Pattaya.

Just to avoid misunderstandings:

Pattaya would be the last place in the world where I would go to - but she being Thai did not understand that.

PS Threatening to go to a temple does say something about the state of buddhism in Thailand...