Park scandal: Court rejects petition calling for FB 'offender' to be freed

webfact

Court rejects petition calling for FB 'offender' to be freed
Kesinee Taengkhiao
The Nation

30275016-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- THE Criminal Court yesterday tossed out a petition for the immediate release of a man held for sharing controversial information on Facebook on the Rajabhakti Park scandal.

The court said the petition had contradictory details.

After Thanet Anantawong was arrested at a hospital on December 13 for allegedly violating Article 116 of the Criminal Code and the Computer Crime Act, Sirawit Serithiwat, an anti-coup student, requested that the court look into Thanet's detention.

More found here:

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Court-rejects-petition-calling-for-FB-offender-to--30275016.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-16

Edited by Support
edited for free use

God speed young man.

Although you have accused members of the elite and so you will feel their wrath. Hopefully your sacrifice will lead to serious scrutiny of those people. There is no smoke without fire and their very touchy and insecure lashing out makes most of believe something is fishy....

make sure you have a VPN if you are posting to TV from inside Thailand.

watching too many spy movies? paranoid? beyond their tech abilities?

google "wikileaks glimmerglass"

https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles/docs/glimmerglass/55_glimmerglass-cybersweep.html

if you let your Issan "friends" join your facebook account with your real name and photo, you will be "associated" with all of the people your friend knows. like her uncle who is a general in the red shirt army. :)

i am thinking TV is going to be forced to announce soon that bashing people in the Thai government in the news forum is off limits.

make sure you have a VPN if you are posting to TV from inside Thailand.

watching too many spy movies? paranoid? beyond their tech abilities?

google "wikileaks glimmerglass"

https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles/docs/glimmerglass/55_glimmerglass-cybersweep.html

if you let your Issan "friends" join your facebook account with your real name and photo, you will be "associated" with all of the people your friend knows. like her uncle who is a general in the red shirt army. :)

i am thinking TV is going to be forced to announce soon that bashing people in the Thai government in the news forum is off limits.

This guy isn't kidding ....sadly I saw one Facebook friend of mine ( a Thai national ) disappear and was told later she was arrested for posting news articles such as ones we discuss.

She hasn't returned .

And suddenly several of her friends were then called to report to authorities.

My account is not under my real name .

However photos are clearly of me .

I never discuss Thailand now.

Or post anything related to it.

Within Thailand you may be arrested at anytime for association .

Leaving a Facebook page open then having someone post on it.( anti junta )

You could be arrested if as the prior poster said uncle Seeta decides to lead a protest up in Udon and your friends , friend is the niece in the friends list who wished you merry Xmas last year or this one.

Thailand is fast becoming a nation of Salam witch hunters.

Westerners will be next.

Whispers on bar stools have given way to silence because a disgruntled bar girl might run to authorities and say Witch !!!

( see commentator )

This poor kid locked up is most likely being bullied and frightened and threatened .

Making an example will be foremost on their minds .

However , he will be noted for heroic s down the track if he makes it out.

This will along with other arrests light the proverbial fuse that will force MR Russell next week to make a strong statement ...which will trigger further retaliation and the audacious monk mob to march on Embassy.

Eventually the west will make a stand .

And the Thais will be left to ponder errors.

In earnest the only way to deal with this is punitive sanctions .

Enough is enough

Edited by Plutojames88

Just read some Thai Lawyers for Human Rights group told a German Press Agency on Wednesday that his client Chayapha, a single mother was convicted by a military court for sedition and lese majeste.

She got 14 years for posting on Facebook that she thought a coup was going to happen against the military .

She had no lawyer at the trail pleaded guilty and got seven years as a result.

Her fate is sad given the child is 14 years old.

An age where mums are important .

These guys are real pieces of work

Exactly how much of TV is in Thailand? Will the junta be able to shut it down or only block it?

We have been concerned about our freedoms to discuss here for some time now, all that's changed is the level of paranoia.

I was wondering if all the debate we've been having was being ignored out of 'Thai arrogance' that we don't matter; and that perhaps the elites are confident their keeping Thai people ignorant and unable to use English contributed to us being overlooked; but on the other hand I've also wondered if the junta actually fear coming down on us here and - at least - up to this stage because it would rock all kinds of international boats (that don't have slaves on them).

It seems as though the way things are going TVF will be the last bastion of public free speech left 'in' Thailand, in which case there may be a tipping point.

Take care of yourselves, you guys stuck in the Land Of Disappearances.

Junta apologists, we know you feel like fools now. We've known for some time since you stopped spamming propaganda into every thread.

Justify your junta now....

Except you, JuntaJane, you simply have mental health issues.

Didn't they do that already?

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed. Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

From: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/878797-updated-notice-to-members-posting-in-thailand-news/

Edited by FloridaExport

Likely to be an announcement of instant deportation of any evil farangs daring to say anything negative about Thailand. Seems they've found the forum since the new restrictions are starting to leak in here.

Exactly how much of TV is in Thailand? Will the junta be able to shut it down or only block it?

We have been concerned about our freedoms to discuss here for some time now, all that's changed is the level of paranoia.

I was wondering if all the debate we've been having was being ignored out of 'Thai arrogance' that we don't matter; and that perhaps the elites are confident their keeping Thai people ignorant and unable to use English contributed to us being overlooked; but on the other hand I've also wondered if the junta actually fear coming down on us here and - at least - up to this stage because it would rock all kinds of international boats (that don't have slaves on them).

I think we do not really matter for them.

Some grumpy old men (referring to an old forum thread) that post in English will not make them bat an eyelid: most of the Thai do not speak or read English anyway so imo we are just moving hot air around as far as they are concerned.

Surely some of the Junta and a lot of Bangkok people could read and understand those forums but the current struggle is pretty much Internal I think.

Foreigners comments and TVF comments would be to them like some of the pesky journalists asking questions: Mr P will make the face, throw a banana skin and a nice statement like "can get you arrested or executed" and move to real business...

Real business been who control the masses and how to silence any Thai voice that disagree with current agenda and situation.

While also trying to arrest and silence the other camp-faction as much as possible.

Prepare the future and the elections while holding a firm grip on both of them...

Too busy to bother with a few grumpy farang residents that just chat-grump between themselves: this doesn't affect the local's sentiments so this is insignificant I would say.

Also as you mentioned, they have enough criticisms already coming from other countries about what they do to their own people, if they started the witch hunt, they might hear a different song...

Let's hope :)

Three deaths in custody recently.......LM charges for defaming a dog.

The threat to ""close country "" in October.

Arrests for clicking Like.

Thailand is fast getting very dark .

Economy in tatters .

Western Envoy's disrespected and Embassies protested ( even when rules forbid it)

Seems this refusal will hasten the obvious punishments ahead.

Sanctions

Some grumpy old men (referring to an old forum thread) that post in English will not make them bat an eyelid: most of the Thai do not speak or read English anyway so imo we are just moving hot air around as far as they are concerned.

Surely some of the Junta and a lot of Bangkok people could read and understand those forums but the current struggle is pretty much Internal I think.

Foreigners comments and TVF comments would be to them like some of the pesky journalists asking questions: Mr P will make the face, throw a banana skin and a nice statement like "can get you arrested or executed" and move to real business...

Real business been who control the masses and how to silence any Thai voice that disagree with current agenda and situation.

While also trying to arrest and silence the other camp-faction as much as possible.

Prepare the future and the elections while holding a firm grip on both of them...

Too busy to bother with a few grumpy farang residents that just chat-grump between themselves: this doesn't affect the local's sentiments so this is insignificant I would say.

Also as you mentioned, they have enough criticisms already coming from other countries about what they do to their own people, if they started the witch hunt, they might hear a different song...

Let's hope smile.png

All true, but things could change. Some of the LM "offenses" for which people have been charged occured many years ago.

It would be helpful if someone were to build a ThaiVisa offshore somewhere.

Let's hope smile.png

All true, but things could change. Some of the LM "offenses" for which people have been charged occured many years ago.

It would be helpful if someone were to build a ThaiVisa offshore somewhere.

As long as that 'off shore' forum would still have connections with TVF the same restrictions would apply I think.

I hope it's not against forum rules when I mention that in various countries groups of people interested in Thailand have set up forums. Google or Yahoo a bit.

Economy in tatters .

Western Envoy's disrespected and Embassies protested ( even when rules forbid it)

Sanctions

A letter with "We the high and mighty don't like how you run your country and therefore punish you" ?

BTW "LM charges for defaming a dog"?

"Arrest for clicking like" on a post with a doctored photo deemed an insult to the Monarchy.

"threat to close the country" as in inciting to disorder

"Western Envoy's disrespected" ? A case of 'do you know who we are?'

Embassies protested? As in protests outside Embassies as we see all over the world?

What's next? The current Thai government responsible for anything wrong in the World ?

Economy in tatters .

Sanctions

A letter with "We the high and mighty don't like how you run your country and therefore punish you" ?

"Arrest for clicking like" on a post with a doctored photo deemed an insult to the Monarchy.

Embassies protested? As in protests outside Embassies as we see all over the world?

What's next? The current Thai government responsible for anything wrong in the World ?

Ahh so nothing should be said by anyone about 'those laws'? I won't elaborate more due to the new rules.

That happened. I would be happy to link you to many western media outlets reporting it but again we have new rules regarding LM on here.

Arrested for liking a picture that questions and implicates various members of this current government in the Rajabhakti park scandal. How is that is LM is very questionable.

What?

A case of the junta throwing their toys out of the pram whenever they receive deserved criticism from people their laws can't control.

Yes protests at embassies do happen all over the world. However, the junta have banned ALL POLITICAL PROTESTS have they not? Protesting outside of an embassy is political. Why is it that these nationalists can protest but students going to protest at a park mired in scandal cannot hmm?

Oh rubl. I don't know why you staunchly defend this government so much. We all know Thaksin and his party were hugely corrupt. But one look at the history of Thailand for the last 75 odd years will tell you that the boys in green have their own fingers in many questionable a pie.

Couldn't get rid of the quote box for some reason. I'd be happy to provide links if I know that I won't get in trouble for doing so.

Well rubl???

Well what?

'liking' a doctored picture of H.M. the King?

Not treating Foreign Envoys with the respect some here would like them to be seen treated with? Protesting outside Embassies?

The current government blamed for all that was wrong in the last 75 years?

Anyway, the Thanet of the topic has been released on bail yesterday.

Edited by rubl