Johnny Depp's wife Amber Heard gets 'dog smuggling' court date

webfact

Johnny Depp's wife Amber Heard gets 'dog smuggling' court date

LONDON: -- A date has been set for Johnny Depp's wife Amber Heard to face a court trial in Australia for allegedly smuggling her two dogs into the country.

The case, which has been dubbed the "war on terrier", will be heard on 18 April in Queensland.

The actress is facing two counts of knowingly importing a prohibited product in breach of the Quarantine Act.

A court official told AFP that Heard is required to appear at the hearing. Heard came under fire for failing to declare Pistol and Boo, the couple's Yorkshire terriers, to authorities on their arrival in Brisbane in April.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35100834

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-12-16

It is serious because Australia, being an island, has bee able to avoid a lot of diseases that plague other countries.

Just because an American actor thinks he is exempt from these laws means nothing. It only shows his arrogance.

It is serious because Australia, being an island, has bee able to avoid a lot of diseases that plague other countries.

Just because an American actor thinks he is exempt from these laws means nothing. It only shows his arrogance.

Mate these are not wild or street animals. These are lap dogs who most likely are healthier than you or me and eat better food than you or me.

It really is a fuss over nothing.

Should have fined them $10 000 and forget about it, instead of making a huge fuss over it

Mate these are not wild or street animals. These are lap dogs who most likely are healthier than you or me and eat better food than you or me.

Should have fined them $10 000 and forget about it, instead of making a huge fuss over it[/

Quote; These are lap dogs who most likely are healthier than you or me and eat better food than you or me.

How do you know that? What an arrogant assumption!

There is clearly stated laws that they would have been aware of. In Aussie we have very strict quarantine protection laws the prevent the introduction of disease. A few years back fruit was bought in that nearly decimated the apple industry. There was also a bought bought in on a container ship to Fremantle that when they check it was basically held together by paint. There was a strain of wood borer that, if able to get into our forests, would have been disasterous. The so called hisos tried to sneak them in on a private plane. Let them go through the whole process the same as others must. They deserve what they get.

There is clearly stated laws that they would have been aware of. In Aussie we have very strict quarantine protection laws the prevent the introduction of disease. A few years back fruit was bought in that nearly decimated the apple industry. There was also a bought bought in on a container ship to Fremantle that when they check it was basically held together by paint. There was a strain of wood borer that, if able to get into our forests, would have been disasterous. The so called hisos tried to sneak them in on a private plane. Let them go through the whole process the same as others must. They deserve what they get.

blink.png Australia has apple forests? I thought Australia was just a big desert!

Should have fined them $10 000 and forget about it, instead of making a huge fuss over it

Agreed. $100,000 more appropriate.

I think people have to good an impression of Australia because of the simple fact not may people go there.

They have an Oker / Bogan mentality that is laughable but so self obsessed they don't/can't see it even when it is staring them in the face. Hey let them make fools of themselves. They have to learn sometime. thumbsup.gif

I think people have to good an impression of Australia because of the simple fact not may people go there.

They have an Oker / Bogan mentality that is laughable but so self obsessed they don't/can't see it even when it is staring them in the face. Hey let them make fools of themselves. They have to learn sometime. thumbsup.gif

It is spelt Ocker, by the way.

What people think of Oz is up to them.

The simple fact is that we do have strict quarantine laws to prevent diseases entering the country.

With all their resources, the Depps could have found that out; they tried to pull a swifty.

Elmer Fudd, aka Barnaby Joyce, did not help the matter by his bogan outburst.

Quarantine laws are strict for a reason and the Depp's aren't in a financial situation that would prevent them from having someone care for their dogs in their absence.

I doubt the dogs were a real threat, but there has to be some respect for the law and now they will get their day in court to explain it and the court can decide what is the best way to deal with this.

blink.png Australia has apple forests? I thought Australia was just a big desert!

For starters apples do not come in forests. They grow in orchards. Also there is more to Australia than just the desert in the middle. Google can be your friend. I guess everyone has the right to be stupid but some take advantage of that fact. Very apt TV name. Suits you. Now back to your Pattaya bar stool with you. wai.gif

An aussie told me once that he swears there must be at least 10,000 people in australia writing new laws every few seconds. He purchased some land in Cairns and gave up trying to build there after the officials, said "sorry mate, you can't build a house in the color you want, only the color we approve, sorry mate, you got to build a fence around your swimming pool, sorry mate, you can't do this, you can't do that, you shouldn't do this, you shouldn't do that. you have to cooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmppppllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" lol

If either of the Depps show up for this hearing it will surprise me, with or without their dogs.

I agree, it's pretty ridiculous the amount of time this has drug on. There was no question that they violated the law so they should have received their fine in a timely manner and been done with it.

If I was Amber Heard I certainly wouldn't show up but would just send a note that it has been so long that I had lost interest.

No, they're called orchards, same as everywhere else, and if you thought Australia was just a big desert your education has been sadly lacking.

No, they're called orchards, same as everywhere else, and if you thought Australia was just a big desert your education has been sadly lacking.

He meant dessert

For starters apples do not come in forests. They grow in orchards. Also there is more to Australia than just the desert in the middle. Google can be your friend. I guess everyone has the right to be stupid but some take advantage of that fact. Very apt TV name. Suits you. Now back to your Pattaya bar stool with you. wai.gif

Sorry Cuz. Just a little underarmed I know !smile.png

Hope she gets a massive fine. But really, JD's wife, she should be made to walk the plank.

What would be a 'massive' fine for the Depps?

A fine of US$10,000 would probably have been enough to make a statement to the world, but for the Depps it's probably what they'd pay for a private jet from Los Angeles to Sydney. US$100,000 wouldn't have hurt them either, and their lawyers are probably charging as much just to handle the case. The Aussie officials are making fools of themselves by keeping this thing going, they're up there with the Hillary hunters in US Congress or the lady who sued McD's because her coffee was too hot.

Maybe Depp will do a new version of "The Night We Called it a Day."