Non O, Single, Retirement, Penang.

Can somebody please advise the documents currently required for this Visa in Penang?

It's not listed in the Pinned topics and I have scanned the discussion topics.

Many thanks.

EDIT: It will be Combo method - stat dec of pension plus Thai bank make-up deposit.

Edited by Evilbaz

You will just need your passport, statutory declaration of income and your updated bank book that brings the total of the 2 to 800k baht or more.

Be sure you only attach a copy of the stat declaration to your application form so you can use the original to do your extension application.

So no photocopies (except stat dec) or bank letter, proof of address etc

The last one I did was in Perth 6 years ago - I'd forgotten how simple it can be c/f extensions ...

Thanks Ubonjoe - you're a veritable font of visa knowledge.

• 2 months later...

Just a copies of your passport photo page, stat dec and bank book.

And this completed application form.

Ubonjoe, lots of us on this forum appreciate your encyclopedic expertise and kind assistance.

I'm American, been living in Chiang Mai several yrs on Non-O with extension of stay for retirement, my wife is non-Thai. Our

infant son now has U.S. passport and we plan to go to Penang to get his Non-O so he can follow on my extension of stay.

Previously, in Savannakhet, the consulate asked to see a copy of my house lease. Should I take it to Penang just to be safe?

Thanks again.

Just a copies of your passport photo page, stat dec and bank book.

And this completed application form.

Ubonjoe, lots of us on this forum appreciate your encyclopedic expertise and kind assistance.

I'm American, been living in Chiang Mai several yrs on Non-O with extension of stay for retirement, my wife is non-Thai. Our

infant son now has U.S. passport and we plan to go to Penang to get his Non-O so he can follow on my extension of stay.

Previously, in Savannakhet, the consulate asked to see a copy of my house lease. Should I take it to Penang just to be safe?

Thanks again.

Penang will not ask for your house lease. Most important is that you have his birth certificate with you.

Thanks again.

Penang will not ask for your house lease. Most important is that you have his birth certificate with you.

Thanks a lot, Ubonjoe. You're the best.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand who qualifies for a non-o visa versus an o/a visa...Is the non-o only for marriage, or can a single guy over 50 get that kind of visa assuming he meets the requirements? And is the non-o available outside of your home country? Thank you.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand who qualifies for a non-o visa versus an o/a visa...Is the non-o only for marriage, or can a single guy over 50 get that kind of visa assuming he meets the requirements? And is the non-o available outside of your home country? Thank you.

An O/A visa (long stay) is only available to those over 50 who apply for it at a Thai Embassy in their own country.

An "O" visa can be issued for several reasons and can be obtained from Thai Embassy's/Consulates within the region.

Thanks again.

Ubonjoe, I don't know where to post this, but...

I just read an urgent notice from the Honorary Philippine Consul in Chiang Mai about Thai immigration saying

that foreign children must have a proper visa by 20 March or they will be banned.

Here is the link --

http://pinoythaiyo.com/2016/03/01/foreign-children-must-obtain-visa-before-march-20/

I couldn't find anything about this urgent notice on Thaivisa.com, but would very much appreciate your comments.

Thanks, Brad

Thanks again.

I just read an urgent notice from the Honorary Philippine Consul in Chiang Mai about Thai immigration saying

that foreign children must have a proper visa by 20 March or they will be banned.

Here is the link --

http://pinoythaiyo.com/2016/03/01/foreign-children-must-obtain-visa-before-march-20/

I couldn't find anything about this urgent notice on Thaivisa.com, but would very much appreciate your comments.

Thanks, Brad

Sounds like a lot of ill-informed smoke blowing !

As far as I am aware the Thai Government has made no such statement.

Why are other countries (including my own ) not making "urgent statements" about the need for children to have visas prior to March 20 ?

Is there anything "official" to be seen on the Philippine Embassy's website?

The link provided does not appear to originate from an Embassy or a Consulate.

Here is the link --

Thanks, Brad

Why are other countries (including my own ) not making "urgent statements" about the need for children to have visas prior to March 20 ?

I found only the following "Urgent" message on the Philippines Honorary Consulate Facebook page, but no mention of banning children --

In concern with the new OVERSTAY rules which will be effective from March 20th, those who have child/children with Philippine passport should URGENTLY proceed to obtain visa for their child/children and those who have child/children without Philippine passport should obtain the Philippine passport for your child or children and proceed to obtain visa for your child/children. According to the latest information obtained from Chiangmai Immigration Office this afternoon, although the Immigration has not charged OVERSTAY penalties on child/children without passport/visa by presenting Thailand Birth Certificate upon departure, it is illegal for an alien to be in the country without a passport and visa. As the first step in obtaining Philippine passport for your child/children, one is required to file Civil Registration with our consulate/embassy. Do not be caught rushing to file your Civil Registration report(s) for passport during the last minutes. Please request the REPORT form (s) and requirements via our email at [email protected]

Here is the link --

Thanks, Brad

I found only the following "Urgent" message on the Philippines Honorary Consulate Facebook page, but no mention of banning children --

In concern with the new OVERSTAY rules which will be effective from March 20th, those who have child/children with Philippine passport should URGENTLY proceed to obtain visa for their child/children and those who have child/children without Philippine passport should obtain the Philippine passport for your child or children and proceed to obtain visa for your child/children. According to the latest information obtained from Chiangmai Immigration Office this afternoon, although the Immigration has not charged OVERSTAY penalties on child/children without passport/visa by presenting Thailand Birth Certificate upon departure, it is illegal for an alien to be in the country without a passport and visa. As the first step in obtaining Philippine passport for your child/children, one is required to file Civil Registration with our consulate/embassy. Do not be caught rushing to file your Civil Registration report(s) for passport during the last minutes. Please request the REPORT form (s) and requirements via our email at [email protected]

Sorry but does the Philippine Government and its Embassy's/ Consulates normally convey "urgent" messages exclusively via Facebook ?

Suggest you contact the Philippine Embassy and ascertain what the truth is because I am sure they will have an official stance on the issue.

I have just received an urgent communication from my Embassy ( a different issue) which came via email and is also visible on the Embassy's web site. Nothing on "facebook" however.

Thanks again.

Here is the link --

Thanks, Brad

Children under the age of 18 will not be banned. From this announcement by immigration. New overstay rules.pdf

post-66997-0-71451000-1455762373_thumb.j

Here is the link --

Thanks, Brad

Children under the age of 18 will not be banned. From this announcement by immigration.

Thanks, Ubonjoe.