Chonburi, Pattaya, Rayong Area Schools

Dear fellow Thai Visa parents,

I'm looking for a little advice on a planned move to the Chonburi, Pattaya, Rayong area. I have three children aged 12, 11 and 7 who are currently in a fairly good EP program school in Bangkok. The first consideration for me is maintaining a good standard of education (relatively speaking) for my three boys and location of which area to locate to is of secondary importance.

The current EP program school has native language English teachers as well as Filipino teachers to complement the Thai staff. The level of education for Thailand is, I suppose, reasonable and the sports facilities fairly good which is one of the reasons I chose the school and the first place.

Reading the forum I see that many of the schools do not have much of a reputation and with three children unfortunately I cannot afford all three to go to an international school like Regents or St Andrews and so I am restricted to an EP program alternative.

I would very much appreciate any advice and experience from posters who have children at school in one of these areas and an update on REPS school which the last time I investigated seem to be one of the better ones.

Feel free to PM me if necessary. Thank you in advance.

Edited by timewilltell

• 2 weeks later...

I've visited English Program school in Ban Chang, next to Garden Int. School. It seems pretty new, nice buildings, a wide variety of students, classes taught 50/50 english and Thai. Figure an average of 10,000 baht a month fees. Google for web site. They show cost for all grades.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently going through the same process, relocating to the area and looking at Regents for my son going into grade 7. Fees are high in comparison to other schools. The other option would be Garden International.

Edited by Clutch

I've no idea what REPS is like, but they advertise for teachers and offer a salary of 60K+ per month. That should be enough to employ native speakers at least. It's worth asking about the quality of the teaching - take a look round the school and talk to a few teachers. See if you can get a random unannounced walk by the classrooms to see what is happening. Obviously accompanied by other staff. If they balk at that I'd be wary of the school.