British tourist vanishes in Thailand after telling parents a 'man would not let him leave'

webfact

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the nationality of this scary man?

Drugs or not, most people don't say the past has caught up with them for no reason..

What past? The guy is 21, so what past could he have, especially from England manifesting itself in Thailand?

Unless it is something he did, or got involved in, here in Thailand. That would make more sense. In which case, the local mafia (ie: police) might well be involved and it would be useless to try and do anything official through the police.

Guess we will just have to wait for this to play out, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for a happy outcome. In Thailand, these situitations rarely have happy outcomes.

Just another nail in Thailand's tourism business.

I was thinking along this line as well. Maybe he got ripped off buying a bag of weed and made the mistake of going to the police for help. Regardless, I don't see this having a nice outcome. Such a shame for his family more so at this time of the year.

The part about running into the restaurant also made me think of a drug induced state of paranoia. I'll hold my hands up and admit I've had a similar experience many many years ago.

Sounds like a schizophrenic episode, especially with the paranoia and waxing and waning lucidity.

Happened to a woman at my old university at the end of the semester. Within a few days she was seriously delusional and we had to work with the administration to keep her under a close watch and have her family come and fetch her.

Traveling overseas is probably the worst place for an episode. Little money, lots of strangers, and not the best support for mental health issues.

Hope the family tracks him down ASAP.

sounds like a druggie who stayed and sold drugs at the side to continue to fund his trip, couldn't get out when he wanted out with the drug dealers...that could explain his bizarre behavior and someone not letting him leave.

If he was doing drugs with no drug dealer connection, he would have surfaced now. If its the drug dealer connection, he might be dead, either that or he did something to himself while high on the drug he took.

I cannot understand the point of making a comment on this sensitive subject unless you have something constructive to say. This mans family have obviously reached into all the corners they can to try and get information that will help them and some of you are just plain rude.

strange, maybe an attention deficit sydrome, certainly at the age where he is still very much a child... wanting attention perhaps...

Or maybe he has checked into into a temple, and is doing one of those meditation courses and the abbot doesnt want him to leave? he did mention something about study?

Or perhaps he has joined a muslim temple? who knows? hes got the beard for it...

Or maybe he has borrowed money on another island and they just caught up with him trying to do a runner... obviously he has probably spent everything and has nothing left now...

i once knew a friend who lost his farang girlfriend on the island of Samui, she had become friends with a ladyboy mafia, they literally locked her up for weeks in their appartment and got her hooked on Ice. He was back in BKK and had to go back to find her, at the end she owed them quite a lot of money, and there were quite some questionable ways in which she had to pay it off, without her Bfs help.

If in fact this guy is being Held / Restrained / Not allowed to leave, then his captors are not doing a very good job. He has been making facebook posts, telephone calls, running around in a restaurant (a little crazy).

Sounds more like he is just messed up on something.

There is a photo on facebook that seems to be a screenshot of a message from this guy. He is fine, just hasn't had access to the net, and his parents are over-reacting because he isn't going home yet. Some of the comments on here just make me shake my head.

Posted on Facebook ... originating from a conversation with his sister Emily....

During my conversation with Emily

Hi areeya. Yeah it's my brother. Been missing for 4 days. I've had contact yesterday and he said he was in trouble. Thank you for the number.

I'll pass this on to my mum

He's not safe.

He was in krabi at a hostel on Friday with a group of other backpackers he's been with for a while. They've told us he met a man at a laundrette who offered to take him to the phi phi islands for free on his boat. His friends stayed behind to wait for a message from him for accommodation.

The evening later my mum had a message on Facebook from him. She said it didn't make sense but basically he said he wasn't coming home as his past had caught up on him. She asked him to call. A few hours later he called off of another phone and was crying. He said he couldn't leave because the man wouldn't let him go. He said everyone around him was scared of this man. We tracked down the owner of the restaurant and the persons phone he borrowed at the restaurant that he made the call. They both said Jordan had no belongings or shoes and was running through the restaurant asking for help and a phone. This was the last we heard from Jordan for 2 days.

My mum then contacted police and posted messages on Facebook to try and get help.

He then posted a message on Facebook saying he was ok. But messaged my mum saying it's all to big and the police can't help. Don't call the police.

I managed to call him and he told me my family are not safe if he comes home. That he couldn't tell us why. He said he had left the island but wouldn't give anymore details.

The other backpackers haven't seen him since the hostel.

Our embassy said we can't do anything if we come to Thailand

No more then what the police are doing

We are trying to track down the owner of the laundrette. The tourist police are speaking to locals to the laundrette

My dad is heading to Thailand.

I've contacted British news stations but it's not helped yet.

The plot thickens!

b

With a beard like that maybe someone thought he was a Muslim extremist.

5555! Possible down Krabi/Koh Lanta way. Yeah, the beard became cool in the west all of a sudden. After many big shot actors starting doing it the rest of the sheeple followed soon enough.

Let's hope this guy is just having a good laugh on mushies down on Phi Phi

And a beating by his family for this stunt.

A British backpacker who went missing for almost a week in Thailand has been found strolling on a beach, police say.

Jordan Jacobs, from Lyneham, Wiltshire, had been last seen at a restaurant on the island of Ko Phi Phi Don on Saturday.

His family, who had reported him missing to the Foreign Office, were increasingly concerned for his welfare.

Thai police told the BBC Mr Jacobs, 21, was found on the beach in the resort town of Krabi.

Wiltshire Police has also said he had contacted his family to tell him he was fine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-35119215

Edited by evadgib

These armchair theorists really get my goat. Pathetic is an understatement besides their followers taking their lead to another level with an inane loada codswallop that hijacks the main story being flogged to death.

I think folk are getting in practice for the return of the result of the Koh Tao court case next week.

A British backpacker who went missing for almost a week in Thailand has been found strolling on a beach, police say.

Jordan Jacobs, from Lyneham, Wiltshire, had been last seen at a restaurant on the island of Ko Phi Phi Don on Saturday.

His family, who had reported him missing to the Foreign Office, were increasingly concerned for his welfare.

Thai police told the BBC Mr Jacobs, 21, was found on the beach in the resort town of Krabi.

Wiltshire Police has also said he had contacted his family to tell him he was fine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-35119215

Well, that wraps that up then.

Lets hope he apologises for all the nonsense he's caused.