British tourist vanishes in Thailand after telling parents a 'man would not let him leave'

webfact

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, gotta agree, drug induced psychosis.

No other explanation.

There are plenty of other explanations, and many of them are just as whacky and unfounded as yours.

Just check when his atm cards was last used

Generally that will give some idea of how far he can travel and how much cash he probably had on him

Then check the cctv and make sure he made the recent withdrawals personally

If he had a cellphone, they've got some info available from his GPS

Shouldn't take long to find out if he's lying, still partying somewhere or something bad has happened to him.....

I suppose the police haven't got around to looking for him yet.... If there was a reward, they could find out what happened him within half an hour on a small Thai island I suspect....

Details sounds delirious

My family isn't safe if go back home

My past come back

Big trouble but cannot tell you

Don't call police

Big trouble but can do/receive phone calls

Uhmm

If really in trouble point your location on gmaps and ask for a police blitz

My guess the dude is well high with no willing to go back home. So messed up can't estimate the damage is doing to his family

This message to me sounds like the man who is controlling him ... just had the guy sign in and then type this message ... get people to stop looking for him.

Drugs sounds like to me and got tied up with a local drug dealing thug who could well be blackmailing him to not spill the beans or he will have others take care of him - or he 'claims' that he can get police to put this lowly underling in jail ... The whole plot gets lost in a haze of drugs...

A young guy who thought he was TOO KOOL to get messed up in a drug affair... I have seen it in the USA many times watching the younger set be cool... and stupid...

ah that crazy "younger set".

when will they learn eh?

I'm surprised nobody has got upset yet about the possibility that he's overstayed his visa.

I'm surprised nobody has noticed this link is from January 2013 and he was found safe ..... Or should we suspect the worst already and check later ?

Edited by Ks45672

I'm surprised nobody has got upset yet about the possibility that he's overstayed his visa.

I'm surprised nobody has noticed this link is from January 2013 and he was found safe ..... Or should we suspect the worst already and check later ?

I think you're a little confused. The story in the OP is dated today.

Gotta love all the wild eyed drug speculation from folks who have never taken anything riskier than a walk down Sukhumvit.

i have never been on sukhumvit (i kid u not) but have been pyschonauting for many years. i guess i'm more interested in exploring the mind than exploring "flesh".... intheclub.gif

Edited by stickylies

Different Englishman.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-21498345

Some rational points being made here. Back in my 'backpacking traveling' days I met many guys who lost it on mushies/acid/md/xanax/codeine and even green. Throw in several liters of that horrible tasting Chang and ones brain becomes mashed potatoes. Easy to lose the plot. Could also be he just doesn't want to go back home.

All this said in a moment of positiveness as I hope the guy is alright.

Amazing Thailand

Can you please explain how this story, in any way .. has anything to do with Thailand?

It is certainly strange, and there may be sevreal possible reasons for it.

The geography is not it .. this could happen anywhere with a young taveler like this.

Frankly, the chances of a favorable outcome are much higher in the Kingdom than many other countries I have been to.

But .. you got your Thai Bash in ... Whooptie Dooo 4 U.

You silly Billy.

I was making aware of the similarities between each case.

Amazing Thailand

Can you please explain how this story, in any way .. has anything to do with Thailand?

The geography is not it .. this could happen anywhere with a young taveler like this.

Frankly, the chances of a favorable outcome are much higher in the Kingdom than many other countries I have been to.

Same as ISIS bombings in Paris had something to do with France ?

With a beard like that maybe someone thought he was a Muslim extremist.

5555! Possible down Krabi/Koh Lanta way. Yeah, the beard became cool in the west all of a sudden. After many big shot actors starting doing it the rest of the sheeple followed soon enough.

Let's hope this guy is just having a good laugh on mushies down on Phi Phi

Dear Family of Jordan Jacobs,

You may be reading Thai Visa and hoping for information that can be of help to you.

I am sorry to dim that hope by letting you know that Thai Visa is rather well known for kooky consipracy theories, people who hate Thailand and compalin about it all day. and folks who, generally speaking .. have very little to offer in the IQ department. In short, most of what is posted here is pure tripe and not worth the time or energy to review it.

Although I have lived in the Kingdom for more than 5 years, I am sorry to say I have nothing to say that can help ... other than ... at Jordan's age I too traveled the globe, got into some tough spots ... and am still here to tell the tale.

Please accept my sincere best wishes for a positive and happy outcome to this story. My instincts tell me he will be OK and will look back as I do now and laugh at some youthful folly.

Best Regards ...

Edited by Guest

Drugs or not, he'd have surfaced by now even if he lost it, someone would have spotted him shambling about and raving mad.

He sadly won't be the last to come to grief, and if crime were a tourist deterrent, Rio would be a ghost town at Carnival. So much for all the doomsayers, tourists will flock here until the place is radio active, and even then, some numbskulls would still show up.

Go anywhere and there are probably thousands of wandering backpackers, only seems like if they don't phone home from a Thai island people jump to alarming conclusions.....

Probably more people get killed in Mexico or Brazil every year..... Cambodia is not always 100% safe either.....

I knew someone who was given a spiked drink and raped when she trusted the locals a bit too much so I guess it can happen everywhere

Amazing Thailand

It's relevant because Thailand promotes itself as a place to escape and try new adventures, eg that crazy campaign about the boy meeting the girl on a bus and finding love. It lulls the young into a false sense of security and many believe they can do/try things they wouldn't dream of doing at home. Sure 99.99% have a great time and no probelms but a few fall through the cracks and get into real bother..

These armchair theorists really get my goat. Pathetic is an understatement besides their followers taking their lead to another level with an inane loada codswallop that hijacks the main story being flogged to death.

Edited by ScotBkk

too many mushrooms ? weed? psychosis ?

Sounds like another case of psychosis. With limited resources I've been independently investigating why so many cases are occurring in 20 and 30 something men travelling in Thailand, as no one in the media has connected the dots yet to do a story.