Planet Yoga

ashacat

Hi all,

Although I have never tried yoga before, I am gonna give it a crack at "Yoga Planet" because I am currently a basic member of California Wow on Suk 23.

I went to ask the price of joining the yoga section last night and was originaly told that I would have to pay about 2,000 baht joining fee followed by 2,000 per month. Obviously that is <deleted>, so I said I wouldn't pay anymore than 7,000 per year with no joining fee (She said she would have to check with her boss blah blah blah)

So anyway I'm gonna have my first taste of yoga tonight, and if I like it maybe I'll join....

So what I wanna know is...

What are your thoughts on yoga? is it an effective way to lose weight and tone up or is regular resistance training more effective?

Does anyone have any experience with Planet Yoga in Cali wow? How does it compare to other yoga classes?

How much has anyone else payed to join just the yoga section? (please don't hijack this thread into yet another "slag off" for California fittness' sales practices - thanks)

Many thanks

Edited by ashacat

My question is why would you ever consider paying for something that you know nothing about? If it was me, I'd investigate what yoga would do for me BEFORE I paid for a membership.

I believe ashacat addresses that issue:

So anyway I'm gonna have my first taste of yoga tonight, and if I like it maybe I'll join....

Ashacat, I don't do yoga but my sister does and a good friend of mine does, they both love it. It builds flexibility, tones muscles and promotes mental focus (according to them). If I had time I'd give it a go too.

Thanks SBK,

So I tried it last night (before I paid backflip :o ) and I really enjoyed it.

It was more tiring than I thought it would be!! Even so, after the class I came out feeling really good. Still I'm gonna try one more of the classes before I commit to paying (they have loads of different classes with various styles of yoga etc)

Holding some of those positions for more than a few seconds... Ouch!

Edited by ashacat

• 8 months later...
Thanks SBK,

So I tried it last night (before I paid backflip :o ) and I really enjoyed it.

It was more tiring than I thought it would be!! Even so, after the class I came out feeling really good. Still I'm gonna try one more of the classes before I commit to paying (they have loads of different classes with various styles of yoga etc)

Holding some of those positions for more than a few seconds... Ouch!

I just started learning yoga and it is without a doubt one of the best excercises I have ever tried.

Hi

i do yoga. What I like about it is that it tones up my muscles, builds up my stamina and increases my flexibility. And also helps me focus & calm my mind and be aware of breathing. Exceptionally relaxing if you have a stressful job too.

Also, it's not a competition and you're focusing inward on your own abilities and testing your own limits.

The yoga I dislike is hot yoga. ugh.

Hi

i do yoga. What I like about it is that it tones up my muscles, builds up my stamina and increases my flexibility. And also helps me focus & calm my mind and be aware of breathing. Exceptionally relaxing if you have a stressful job too.

Also, it's not a competition and you're focusing inward on your own abilities and testing your own limits.

The yoga I dislike is hot yoga. ugh.

I guess what I am learning maybe hot/power yoga , I am only into my 5th class it is still all new to me.

Sure sweat a hel_l of a lot and feel really good after the fact.

Sleeping much better already.