Water bottles against dogs

The only thing that works against dogs is poison, looks like cat shit above?

Maybe it is -- but the bottles were but there because of the dogs. However, all but one dog that used to use that area has been killed by cars and the remaining dog was obviously hit on one leg and can only limp so I'm gaining via attrition.

@JLCrab seems to hit the nail somehow (with his removed photo of some s... on a lying bottle biggrin.png )

A good theory is that the dogs will love the bottles to pee at them and not at the wall.

Funny if you search the net.

The tip exists for many years and the theories are disputed tongue.png

Seems to work.

2 examples -

GF stood bottles against tyres of car to stop dog peeing on the wheels.

Several houses in the village had bottles on the steps outside the front gate as some dogs had been doing their business on the steps........

No idea why it works however.

Someone told me it was because the dog glimpses its reflection in the water and thinks it's another dog, so it moves away in a defensive action. Kind of what happens when you glimpse yourself in the mirror upon waking up with a hangover.

Could be true.

I see on the bottles now that the labels have been removed.

This could be it.

@JLCrab seems to hit the nail somehow (with his removed photo of some s... on a lying bottle biggrin.png )

A good theory is that the dogs will love the bottles to pee at them and not at the wall.

Well I have other photos where the dogs crapped right along side the bottles but I'm not going to post them. As I said nearly moot point as we live on a long rural straight-away with no speed bumps and most all the dogs are gone other than those that are kept full-time inside the gates.

Well I have other photos where the dogs crapped right along side the bottles but I'm not going to post them. As I said nearly moot point as we live on a long rural straight-away with no speed bumps and most all the dogs are gone other than those that are kept full-time inside the gates.

Research? Or just a strange hobby, Mr Crab.

"Someone told me it was because the dog glimpses its reflection in the water and thinks it's another dog, so it moves away in a defensive action."

That ^^^ could very well be true (I don't know)...

But I've observed a strange occurrence (about once a week for the past two years) that has me perplexed: some dogs on my soi/road

(Klong Son on KC) have half-liter/one liter plastic bottles, filled with a colorless liquid, tied around their necks. The dogs don't appear to be bothered

by this at all. In fact, they seem to be in a hurry to get wherever they're going--totally unlike their usual lethargic behavior...

I can't figure this situation out and when I asked my Thai neighbors about it they just laugh (in a good way)...

So...can anyone explain this phenomena??? I'm thinking it's an underground smuggling operation using the innocent pooches to deliver illicit

home-brew. If so, the plan is brilliant--who's gonna bust a dog carrying moonshinetongue.png

"Hey Spot, take this to Somchai's house and be quick. And don't screw around with your furry friends' and come straight back 'cause I've got more

deliveries for you this morning"...

I'm probably way off the mark on this but can anyone please tell me why these guys are walking around with these bottles??? NOT trolling--I'm serious...

I was in a Psych class at a University in the west (proper one) in the 90's and one of the professors conducted a valid and comprehensive study of this. It made for a good lesson for students on a bit of a "fun" topic and demonstrating effective hypothesis testing.

Accredited research findings:

Load of <deleted>, well I mean there was no correlation to water bottles and dog shit or lack thereof

Good old human nature biases and how misinformation spreads I'd say

Archived