have 9 recessed/pot lights

chrisandsu

I brang this bulb back with me from

My last trip , it's lasts a couple

Of days at most and then blows . My second question which could be the important one would be ,can I even use American light bulbs ? I didn't know if it was the poor quality of bulbs so figured I should just try some from

Here . Thanks

post-134429-0-72321800-1450421346_thumb.

post-134429-0-78623600-1450421600_thumb.

Many incandescent bulbs 'prefer' to be installed base down, and in an enclosure that doesn't retain heat massive amounts of heat.

And the filaments of the bulbs react badly when they are quickly heat cycled (cold/hot). Try turning ON the bank of bulbs at 50% dimmed, then ramp up to desired level after a few seconds.

'Resister pads' can be inserted into the base of the bulb socket if it turns out it's unstable electrical (spike/noise).

Some people have better luck with heavy/extreme duty bulbs (thicker glass and stronger filament).

If it's a heat or electrical spike/noise issue I doubt using Florescent or LED bulbs would last much longer.

Those look like the same size as lamps I have in one of my ceiling fans: Mfg. Sylvania, purchased at one of the "Home" places for (I forget) 60 baht. Like Crossy said 120v lamps will not last long at 220v. Buy in Thailand and don't worry about it.

Archived