Calling All Web Design Experts

youngkiwi

I have a brief question which I am hoping you may be able to assist with. I am trying to setup a web page with thai characters.

The following text is in Thai unicode which displays correctly in HTML

ขอบคุณลูกค้าทุกท่านที่ให้สละเวลามาเยี่ยมชมเวปไซด์ของเรานะค่ะ ทางร้านเราได้จำหน่ายกระเป๋า รองเท้า และ

The following text is another form of Thai encoding which displays correctly in HTML

ÊÔ¹¤éÒãËÁèÊÓËÃѺà´×͹ %s'

My query is how can I input/save the thai characters to be in the same format as the second text example above.

Appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Thanks for your reply, however I am trying to ascertain what encoding/unicode format this text is:

ÊÔ¹¤éÒãËÁèÊÓËÃѺà´×͹ %s'

The above text, when viewed on a web browser using standard Thai windows encoding, produces the correct Thai characters. The real question is, how can I find out what this is so I can add to it?

To clarify, I am wanting to know how to generate the following text example:

ÊÔ¹¤éÒãËÁèÊÓËÃѺà´×͹ %s'

This example is displayed correctly as Thai characters in a browser. The issue has nothing to do with the encoding type specified in the html, but rather - how do I generate the characters to appear in whatever code the above example is in.

Thanks for your reply, however I am trying to ascertain what encoding/unicode format this text is:

ÊÔ¹¤éÒãËÁèÊÓËÃѺà´×͹ %s'

The above text, when viewed on a web browser using standard Thai windows encoding, produces the correct Thai characters. The real question is, how can I find out what this is so I can add to it?

For your information, this is how your sample text displays on my computers, both in Firefox and in Microsoft Internet Explorer:

post-21260-1160769266_thumb.jpg

The ThaiVisa web page does not specify a character set (encoding) and the afore-mentioned two browsers have selected “Western European (ISO)” on my computers.

Validating this web page on http://validator.w3.org defaults, in the absence of a charset specification, to “iso-8859-1”

Therefore, if your question is “What charset do I have to specify so that text written in Thai will display like the gibberish shown in the example?”, the answer is iso-8859-1.

---------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro