Paedophile deported from Thailand

webfact

Paedophile deported from Thailand

WELLINGTON: -- A convicted paedophile has been deported from Thailand, after he was arrested this month for suspected child sex offences

Peter Dundas Walbran was jailed in Indonesia in 2012 for two years, for the rape and molestation of Indonesian boys as young as eight, over a nine year period.

Australian investigator Glen Hulley tracked the New Zealander to a school in Thailand, where he says he had been working for the past eight months, overseeing children aged 12 to 17 years old. He had been tracking him since his release from an Indonesia prison.

"He got on a plane and flew to Thailand, where we know he decided to surround himself with children again and become a school teacher.

Full story: http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/292511/paedophile-deported-from-thailand

-- RADIO NEW ZEALAND 2015-12-18

Thailand deports Aussie pedophile
By Coconuts Bangkok

peter_waldren_0.jpg
Peter Walbran. Photo: Facebook/ The Sydney Morning Herald

BANGKOK: -- Thailand has deported a convicted Australian pedophile who was arrested when cops found him teaching at a school in Ubon Ratchathani.

Peter Dundas Walbran, 59, who is from Sydney but holds dual New Zealand citizenship, was flown back to New Zealand today, Radio New Zealand News reported.

He had been detained in Bangkok since his arrest on Dec. 9. Cops are in the process of examining digital media they seized from his apartment.

Walbran was jailed in Indonesia in 2012 for the rape and molestation of at least three Indonesian boys, some under the age of 10, and deported to Australia in 2014.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/18/thailand-deports-aussie-pedophile

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-18

Why is this oxygen thief allowed to still see the sunrise every day............. I have the perfect cure for him and other nonces and it doesn't require deportation or incarceration.

Exactly, a long session of torture followed by 2 bullet's to the back of the head.

Soon there will be the usual tossers coming on telling that it is a disease and you must be understanding. I would be so understanding of him if I had his balls in a vice and leaning hard on the handle closing the vice. I would understand that it was hurting him. Then again I wouldnt care and feel it was my duty to the kids of this world..

Why is this oxygen thief allowed to still see the sunrise every day............. I have the perfect cure for him and other nonces and it doesn't require deportation or incarceration.

Exactly, a long session of torture followed by 2 bullet's to the back of the head.

I think your way over the top on that kind of punishment. One bullet would be enough....

I wonder if he will try Cambodia next? Shouldn't be difficult for him to blend in there considering a Brit named Michael Taylor who had been jailed in Thailand over the stabbing death of his girlfriend Jantra Weangta, but reportedly left the country while free on bail has just been found living in Sihanoukville.blink.png

No charges. No known crimes in Thailand. Only that he was convicted of pedophilia previously. No reason not to deport him, and better than having him on the streets or in the classrooms here.

He is convicted from another country, he has entered Thailand and has a criminal record which he didn't tick on the arrival card , also under Australian law due to previous charges he can be investigated and face trail in Australia, both NZ and OZ do not like rock spiders travelling to Asian countries.

Yes, but he's been kicked out due to the efforts of an Australian journalist in tracking him down. . The real question and focus should be: how the hell was it so easy for him to enter the country, get a job with kids, go unnoticed by authorities at a national, provincial and local level....and what mechanisms are now in place to stop it happening again and again and again? Interpol checks, what else?

All the more reason that a police check from the country of origin should be made mandatory for all persons working with Children and a WWC licence issued and that includes Thai's as well, even though this rock spider was convicted in Indonesia his Passport would be noted as an undesirable from the Embassy, in a random AFP or NZ search.........................bah.gif .

Only bad if you find out afterwards that it was the wrong guy.....Because than as murder you would deserve the same treatment.

Only bad if you find out afterwards that it was the wrong guy.....Because than as murder you would deserve the same treatment.

The fact that he has already been convicted makes that a mute point, don't you agree?

The fact that he has already been convicted makes that a mute point, don't you agree?

MOOT

Convictions are recorded using evidence and a balance of probability. They're not necessarily watertight. So it's a salient point, innocent people get convicted, that's his point. You've somehow turned that into a mangled logic about gangland style exections replacing jail.

MOOT

Convictions are recorded using evidence and a balance of probability. They're not necessarily watertight. So it's a salient point, innocent people get convicted, that's his point. You've somehow turned that into a mangled logic about gangland style exections replacing jail.

Ok, allow me to refrase it, if he has been convicted BEYOND a reasonable doubt, or are you one of these people who wouldn't be convinced of his guilt until he was caught actually raping a child?

We're not here to defend rock spiders, we're here to challenge moronic ape-man vigilante thinking.

Having a lynch mob mentality is not supporting justice, it is holding forth criminal intent, the willingness to hang a man without trial, as something noble and righteous.

Try Bangladesh if that way of life floats your boat.

MOOT

Ok, allow me to refrase it, if he has been convicted BEYOND a reasonable doubt, or are you one of these people who wouldn't be convinced of his guilt until he was caught actually raping a child?

I'm one of those people who don't go around writing that I'd be willing to put two bullet's into the back of anyone's head just because I happen to disagree with the outcome of a trial. Your argument is nonsensical. Even forensic evidence is always in some degree of doubt. You're mistaking court room drama clichés for actual legal thought.

MOOT

I'm one of those people who don't go around writing that I'd be willing to put two bullet's into the back of anyone's head just because I happen to disagree with the outcome of a trial. Your argument is nonsensical. Even forensic evidence is always in some degree of doubt. You're mistaking court room drama clichés for actual legal thought.

I'm a bit confused here, where did I say that I advocate the killing of an innocent person?

Beyond reasonable doubt is not a line in the legal sand. You could well go down in circumstances 'beyond reasonable doubt'. Which are only as good as the quality of the system at any given time. If I later confess to a crime you're innocent of, well then 'reasonable doubt' has been altered, but it still exists. Which is why I don't like your idea of summary justice one bit. It's arbitrary, it's just wrong, its basically justifying murder.

One down....

I think that's precisely the problem

He isn't "down"

After 9 year spree of raping children in Indonesia he served 2 years and flew into Thailand and straight into a job with children

Now he's leaving Thailand but he still has the opportunity to travel and work in Cambodia or somewhere else without any child protection

That's the thing I don't agree with, he should never be in the position of trust again, it shouldn't take reporters to find which school he might be hiding in either ....

<deleted>! He's a Kiwi.

Did you deduce that after reading this?rolleyes.gif

"Australian investigator Glen Hulley tracked the New Zealander to a school in Thailand, ..."

I wonder if NZ will deport him to Australia as an undesirable Australian alien?

:)

Perhaps incarcerate him on Christmas Island while his papers are processed.

Archived