Where is the best place to buy decent bed sheets?

giddyup

I haven't had much luck buying bed sheets in Pattaya. the first time I bought some 100% cotton sheets from the Outlet Mall that turned out to be rubbish and they weren't cheap. I have bought previously from Tesco and they scrimp on material so much there's barely enough to fit under the mattress or cover the top of the pillowcase. Today I bought two pair from Big C Extra for 800 baht each, that's for one fitted king size sheet, and two pillow cases and a bolster case. Didn't see until I opened one that the material is micro fiber which I hate, the pillowcases are absolutely huge, never going to find a pillow to fit them, and the bolster case goes in the bin or is used as a duster. There must be somewhere where I can buy decent polyester/cotton sheets in Pattaya.

I bought some in Ikea (sorry not in Pattaya) and others in central. Central is more expensive as big C but the quality is better. It all depends what your willing to pay. For me Ikea is the best even though it means a bit of a trip.

Yeah, it's a bit of a hike from Pattaya unless there's a few other things you want, but I can imagine their quality would be good.

Didn't see until I opened one that the material is micro fiber which I hate,

I swear by micro fiber since the first time I purchased them many years ago. May I know why you hate them?

Just don't like the feel, like my sheets a bit crisp.

Makro, I bought sheets there,pack of three for about 1,600 Bht. 100% cotton good quality and i,m very happy with them.

Never knew they even stocked sheets, what section are they in?

I think they only have white sheets, directed at the hotel industry.

OK, thanks, they'd be in the hotel catering section I guess.

Not in Pattaya..........buy some Egyptian Cotton 400 thread sheets on Ebay UK and have a friend bring them over for you if you can thumbsup.gif

Prefer the polyester cotton blend, don't get full of wrinkles after washing.

Get an iron

Seriously, our local laundry only charges 50 baht each sheet to wash and iron fold and pack in a nice little bag. Sure up could run too that once a week.

Sent from my KFASWI using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Oink

Didn't see until I opened one that the material is micro fiber which I hate,

I swear by micro fiber since the first time I purchased them many years ago. May I know why you hate them?

Maybe the knees slid out on the upstroke because the sheets are slippery ?

Not Pattaya but we bought some poly cotton a few months ago in the market stall section in Big C , both On-Nut Rd and in Rama 4 . Queen bed were about 400 baht . Good range of colours and they wash well. At that price if you even only get a 4-5 years out of them they are still worth while. I think the stalls are all connected or same suppliers so you will probably find them in Pattaya too.

I always buy from the bed shop at the top of Pattaya Klang, next to Sukhumvit. Just turn around the corner to the left where it's now closed off. Good quality and cheaper than most.

Thanks, I know where you mean

Ikea

Tell me where there is an Ikea in Pattaya.

There isn't, but the BangNa one is an easy drive away. I went there two days ago to buy a desk, and previously I got an office chair and a mattress there. All were much better quality than anything I have seen in shops in Pattaya.

Personally I have given up with textiles in Thailand. I get all my sheets, towels, dish-cloths, t-shirts, socks, handkerchiefs etc in the UK.

The only exception is shorts of which the choice in the UK is poor (weather!). I found one style of good shorts that I liked here a couple of years and I bought many pairs of them which should last me for a few more years yet.