overstay record?

If you talk to another IO he will say something different, but let's wait till late march and we will see.

Yes, then we will get the April fool jokes about paying your overstay at 7-11, and some people will believe it.

The reason why I mentioned late march was because of this

The royal decree on the blacklisting is expected to be promulgated in late March, said bureau chief Pol Maj Gen Natthorn Prosunthorn.

A post with an altered quote has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Ur right why should a 14year over stayer get in any trouble. Why should we look down upon him? Just because he broke the law (one that responsible) people like some of us follow, didnt have to do his part with immigration you get what im saying....yeah right im going to cut anybody who overstays even a gram of slack. Not in this lifetime actually if I knew of a person that had overstayed for such a length of time I would have turned him in 13 years ago. If i have to go through immigration every year any other person who is required better do the same. You get no sympathy from me and any of you guys who try and defend them....need to find a seat right along with them.

LOL. The Thai immigration should have a hotline where farangs can rat out on overstay farangs and get a reward.
yeah just like fraudulent benefit claimants in the Uk. Those who claimed disability and were perfectly fit.
  • Like 1

Has no proven effect on visa regulations. Debatably repeated tourist visa runs have more of an effect, judging by reports of how moody consulate staff get when they see you've had 'too many' stickers.

Contrast that to reports of the airport police desk being all smiles. I've experienced it too, the 20k fine gets tossed in a drawer, you sign a piece of paper and you're on your way, not sure if its even recorded as happening.

Seems counter-intuitive but these under the radar overstayers who don't work for Thai employers or deal drugs on Soi 3 could be a net positive by not making dozens of TR visa applications.

• Like 1

So if someone were to do a 10 year overstay versus (in theory) 10 years of single entry visas with a one month extension, that would be 20,000 baht after 10 years for the overstay fine versus 152,000 baht for the visas and extensions, but that might be a net benefit to the Kingdom based upon the decreased work load for Immigration and the respective embassies/Consulates?

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Sometimes ppl can get into unwanted situations n problems whatever they might be and if you dont have the time to want to try and understand it then don't find the time to come n criticise them as well. I overstayed too n posted my experience and just wanted to encourage others to get their problems sorted and try to get back on the right track on the law but only to met with some ppl saying why I needed so long to come up with 20,000 baht?

Yes it took me sometime maybe a long time but at least I did it by myself and settle my problems on my own.

Anyways from what I feel about the blacklist law is that it might be there to frighten the overstayers to leave and pay money 20,000 baht so the government can make some money off this and I think there are alot of overstayers. In my opinion this law will keep coming up as it is going to be implemented every 6 or 7 mths but never gonna be implemented fully cos it can be a source of revenue.

Ur right why should a 14year over stayer get in any trouble. Why should we look down upon him? Just because he broke the law (one that responsible) people like some of us follow, didnt have to do his part with immigration you get what im saying....yeah right im going to cut anybody who overstays even a gram of slack. Not in this lifetime actually if I knew of a person that had overstayed for such a length of time I would have turned him in 13 years ago. If i have to go through immigration every year any other person who is required better do the same. You get no sympathy from me and any of you guys who try and defend them....need to find a seat right along with them.

you would turn someone in for overstaying??

Do you not think that is a little bit sad?

Did you have many friends at school???

Yes

No

Yes

• Like 2

should of black listed forever, total disrespect for visa laws and Thailand

Oh how holier than thou. Does it actually affect you what overstayers do? You do not pay their rent or bills so it should not affect you. Take a chill pill and relax. Why are so many so bitter on here to people? Must live a bloody horrible life.

Can any of you relate to 14 years of no immigration office, immigrations lines,

forms you never knew existed, 4 AM office arrival, etc, etc ... ?????

I (for one) AM ENVIOUS ... and all for ... 20,000 baht. I offer that man a toast clap2.gifclap2.gifgigglem.gif

1,900 baht every 3 months to extend at immigration equals 7,600 baht per year. Times that by 14 years equals 106,400 baht.

He got away with paying less than 1/5 of that! But risked it in the meantime...

• Like 1

If looking for record overstays, you probably need to consider old Burmese who have been here since they were babies. My guess is that you could easily find some of them on 60+ years of overstay. I dread to think what happens to them if they are picked up and deported. At their age, trying to sneak back in could be really difficult, and they probably could not go back to the town or village they have spent their whole lives.

Busybody rats will be busybody rats.

Famous principle in Asia: never break anyone else's rice bowl...

• Like 2

should of black listed forever, total disrespect for visa laws and Thailand

Oh how holier than thou. Does it actually affect you what overstayers do? You do not pay their rent or bills so it should not affect you. Take a chill pill and relax. Why are so many so bitter on here to people? Must live a bloody horrible life.

It does not directly affect me and it was not disclosed the circumstances of the long overstay. Some people make a choice as to how to live their lives and I make a choice with whom I care to associate or not.

Well said, Jasper Lamarr!