Mourinho not planning a break after Chelsea dismissal

rooster59

Mourinho not planning a break after Chelsea dismissal

LONDON (AP) — Jose Mourinho is not planning to take a break from management after leaving Chelsea and is "already looking forward," a statement released by the agency which represents him said Saturday.

The Portuguese coach "will not be taking a sabbatical" and is "very positive," it adds.

The statement from CAA Sports appears to confirm that Mourinho was fired from his second spell at Stamford Bridge on Thursday.

"During his career, Jose has sometimes chosen to leave a club, but only at Chelsea has the club decided that he should leave," it said.

Chelsea won the Premier League last season under Mourinho but has nine defeats in its opening 16 league matches in this campaign.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-12-19

He'll be at old Trafford by 01 Jan smile.png

That was my line.

I think it is going to be sooner though, and it will leave ManU in shambles after a few years. Just hope for them they win something in the mean time.

Mourinho is like a hypnotist -- he can cast a spell over players to achieve massive things over a short period, but after a couple of years the spell wears off. He has never lasted long at a club.

But maybe that is the way the game is going -- celebrity managers for celebrity players. Even Sir Alex admitted that the 21st-century football professional was a much more fragile character than those he dealt with when he started managing, usually more concerned with their hairstyle and cool tatts, than marking close at corners.

I think Mourinho at Man Utd would be special as it would answer many questions:

1 ) Can "Hia Mou" as the Thai press call him, do it at yet another club? Or has his style been busted?

2 ) Is it the Man Utd players who are pish, or should Van Gaal have been left to do jigsaws on the balcony in his bathrobe?

3 ) Is it time to stop calling it the 'English' Premier League and call it Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Fantasy Football

And surely it's time to stop calling the EPL the "best league in the world".In European terms, the English clubs are second-rate, given the run-around on a regular basis by the continental thoroughbreds.

In the last three Champions League seasons, only Chelsea (one semi-final) and Man U (one quarter-final) have even got past the round of 16 and they are getting bounced by the likes of Ludogorets, Nordsjaelland, and Basel.

He'll be at old Trafford by 01 Jan smile.png

That was my line.

I think it is going to be sooner though, and it will leave ManU in shambles after a few years. Just hope for them they win something in the mean time.

Mourinho is like a hypnotist -- he can cast a spell over players to achieve massive things over a short period, but after a couple of years the spell wears off. He has never lasted long at a club.

But maybe that is the way the game is going -- celebrity managers for celebrity players. Even Sir Alex admitted that the 21st-century football professional was a much more fragile character than those he dealt with when he started managing, usually more concerned with their hairstyle and cool tatts, than marking close at corners.

I think Mourinho at Man Utd would be special as it would answer many questions:

1 ) Can "Hia Mou" as the Thai press call him, do it at yet another club? Or has his style been busted?

2 ) Is it the Man Utd players who are pish, or should Van Gaal have been left to do jigsaws on the balcony in his bathrobe?

3 ) Is it time to stop calling it the 'English' Premier League and call it Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Fantasy Football

And surely it's time to stop calling the EPL the "best league in the world".In European terms, the English clubs are second-rate, given the run-around on a regular basis by the continental thoroughbreds.

In the last three Champions League seasons, only Chelsea (one semi-final) and Man U (one quarter-final) have even got past the round of 16 and they are getting bounced by the likes of Ludogorets, Nordsjaelland, and Basel.

I think Pep would be an excellent fit for ManU, but he'll end up at City.