Why all blood pressure mashine show always error in thailand ?

Sandman77

Its because you cant spell machine!No seriously a lot of the automatic machines show error if you have an irregular heart beat.

Exactly. Do you have atrial fibrillation?

Irregular heartbeat and/or an arm that is too large in circumference for the cuff used are the two most likely explanations. Nothing to do with Thailand per se except that the smaller cuff is because Thais are smaller in size.

I think that there are many parameters that need to be considered when measuring blood pressure. The NYT Health Section has published articles on the variability of blood pressure depending on time of day, posture, resting time, emotion, etc. Personally, I have trusted my doctor's measurements and they are always lower than those of the machine. It is obvious from posters experience though that machines work well for them.

I recall from student nurse days, long before electronic BP machines, it was demonstrated to us that if one took a reading from patients left arm, and then again from their right arm, the results would be different! We all took each others blood pressure x2 and found this to be so! Mine was always highest in class, either arm! Something to do with being the only male amongst tight white uniforms as stated above!

none of the electronic machines are 100 percent accurate. I get them often at the hospital. Even if you are visiting for a hangnail they'll take your bp first -- and even in the same day the electronics show differences...but as long as you are in the normal range, it's cool. The Omron idea is a good one, but even those are not really accurate but they do get into a proper zone that you can trust . My doc back home -- and he's a young guy in his 40s -- uses the old fashioned hand pump every time and he even does it again after the nurse takes it -- "because most of them can't do it right." haha..

none of the electronic machines are 100 percent accurate. I get them often at the hospital. Even if you are visiting for a hangnail they'll take your bp first -- and even in the same day the electronics show differences...but as long as you are in the normal range, it's cool. The Omron idea is a good one, but even those are not really accurate but they do get into a proper zone that you can trust . My doc back home -- and he's a young guy in his 40s -- uses the old fashioned hand pump every time and he even does it again after the nurse takes it -- "because most of them can't do it right." haha..

It should show differences. Blood pressure is not stagnant. Even from minute to minute it changes constantly.

One factor to bear in mind - the automatic bp testers eg Omron are prone to an error message if you have a slightly irregular heartbeat ie atrial fibrillation or similar. The machine cannot compensate, and often gives an error message.

Slight Arrhythmia is often noted in hypertensives.

I guess that I am one of them then as my Microlife BP tester tells me this after every reading.

Well I don't have that problem with there Blood Pressure Machines, so I am not sure about that, but if it is there Weight Scales that you also feel has a problem then I have the answer to that.

It is because the highest number on there Weight Scale only goes to about 110 Kilograms. So even after looking at me they always make me stand on this scale anyway. Once the needle zooms past 110 and gets bent trying to pass zero again, it don't work too good after that.

I often get an error when measuring my blood pressure. I currently use one of the latest Omron models which is supposed to be very accurate. In the doctors office and hospital, they too get errors when reading my blood pressure. It is not the machine in my case. I have had open heart surgery and am now on Toprol which slows my heart rate. Along with that I have an irregular heart beat. If my monitor reads less than 38 BPM, then it will show an error. Also, with the frequent pause between beats it will sometimes error out even when above 38 BPM.

I am in the same situation but 38BPM?? Waaw I was already worried with my 45BPM! But I can confirm that irregular beat triggers error.

Its because you cant spell machine!No seriously a lot of the automatic machines show error if you have an irregular heart beat.

Exactly. Do you have atrial fibrillation?

Possibly in an old machine. I bought a new one recently and all the models I was shown had AF detection, and I can confirm they work.