Tuk-Tuk wins best costume at Miss Universe

webfact

I think it's a great shame that women have to go to such lengths to get recognition and as the above posts suggest, not much respect. If that's a national costume imo just one big joke. And the fact that that the presenters can't even get the results right...just a total disregard for women.
Lighten up!!!!!!!

I wonder if you would if you really knew what was going on in these 'pageants'.

Well, tell us!

So what goes on, people trafficking, slave labour, human rights abuse, few dollars under the table?

I think it's a great shame that women have to go to such lengths to get recognition and as the above posts suggest, not much respect. If that's a national costume imo just one big joke. And the fact that that the presenters can't even get the results right...just a total disregard for women.
Lighten up!!!!!!!

Well, tell us!

So what goes on, people trafficking, slave labour, human rights abuse, few dollars under the table?

I don't know what happened my reply to 'well,tell us!' but here's what I wrote 'You are not going to get me on that one. Go and find out for yourself. Get a job as a body guard or one of the part time contractors, assuming they still do that.'

I wouldn't put it as trafficking etc. just something really specific to women that seems to happen in that type of contest. I just think that such contests are outdated and do women a disservice. I would also question the way this latest result was messed up (it's happened before elsewhere). On TV being watched by millions and the chap can't tell the difference between 1st & 2nd? I am not as serious as you seem to think I am and I like to people get recognized for their efforts plus I do have a good sense of humour but this was humiliation and imo a sham.

Lighten up!!!!!!!

Well, tell us!

I don't know what happened my reply to 'well,tell us!' but here's what I wrote 'You are not going to get me on that one. Go and find out for yourself. Get a job as a body guard or one of the part time contractors, assuming they still do that.'

I wouldn't put it as trafficking etc. just something really specific to women that seems to happen in that type of contest. I just think that such contests are outdated and do women a disservice. I would also question the way this latest result was messed up (it's happened before elsewhere). On TV being watched by millions and the chap can't tell the difference between 1st & 2nd? I am not as serious as you seem to think I am and I like to people get recognized for their efforts plus I do have a good sense of humour but this was humiliation and imo a sham.

What am I not going to get you on? Is it some sort of secret society, as for the contestants, they don't have to compete, or am I wrong on that one??

Now if we get on about the ones where young kids are made up to look like little slappers, then I would love all their parents, especially their mothers to be charged with child exploitation!!!!!

Edited by roo860