Koh Tao verdict expected on Dec 24

webfact

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole investigation was bungled from day one. The UK investigations even admitted there were conflicting statements and evidence that was used.

It begs belief that they could even try to pin this on these two migrant workers ....

I would start by looking at the mafia on the island and that bar whistling.gif

If I were a betting man I'd say I'd be on the money .....

Amazing, the virtual Judge Dredds are once again quicker in their judgements than the judges of the court. What took the latter so long because the case was already solved months ago in this forum. whistling.gif

Interesting comments....I would say as nobody in these forums are bought and are reasonably intelligent and in some cases very intelligent it wasn't hard to work out what was going on in this case once the evidence WASNT produced....And I for one have never suggested that I had solved the case just that the B2 haven't done it...I have a opinion who did do it mind !!

Do you have any evidence for your statement? whistling.gif

The whole investigation was bungled from day one. The UK investigations even admitted there were conflicting statements and evidence that was used.

It begs belief that they could even try to pin this on these two migrant workers ....

I would start by looking at the mafia on the island and that bar whistling.gif

If I were a betting man I'd say I'd be on the money .....

Amazing, the virtual Judge Dredds are once again quicker in their judgements than the judges of the court. What took the latter so long because the case was already solved months ago in this forum. whistling.gif

Interesting comments....I would say as nobody in these forums are bought and are reasonably intelligent and in some cases very intelligent it wasn't hard to work out what was going on in this case once the evidence WASNT produced....And I for one have never suggested that I had solved the case just that the B2 haven't done it...I have a opinion who did do it mind !!

Do you have any evidence for your statement? whistling.gif

Do you have evidence there are ? I would say however some of the defenders of the BIB would be suspect but I don't count them in my comments...And as for the level of intelligence in here yes I do have as to there being many intelligent and what's more morally good people in here ..

I suppose it's not beyond imagination to find the one who admitted being on the beach and finding a phone to be guilty, and finding the other not guilty. A split decision?

Yes not beyond imagination but guilty by admitting to being on a beach is stretching it a bit..!! But TiT..we will know soon won't we...it says it all that none of us have a clue what decision will be reached ! And what reasons given for it...

Pictures now this minute on SKY news direct from Thailand showing the B2 heading into court now...Getting of the bus with the leg chains etc on...looks like Sky are covering it as live as they can..say they will go straight back when there's any news

With all evidences destroyed, and DNA samples bungles up, if Thai police still try to prove they are the killers, probably it will be another blow to Thai reputation to the world that, any migrant is safe to work in Thailand or not. Already so much world is talking about exploitation and human rights. I hope Thailand will give correct justice.

IMO, legally, the verdict has to be not guilty as the prosecution has not proved its case beyond reasonable doubt. This will be appealed by the prosecution, and if the Appeals court permit the appeal to be heard, it is possible (as has happened before) for the verdict to be overturned. Then the appeal could go to the Supreme court, and as has happened before, the original verdict has been upheld.

So I am hoping for a not guilty verdict, initially.

What a Christmas Eve for the families of David and Hannah, I really feel for them having to go through this. Not going to try and make any predictions I just hope the panel of judges does their very best for the families sake.

The trouble is there's two sets of families involved isn't there on both sides...I think we all just want justice and for both sets of families to understand the verdict...Not sure what Hannah and David's family think of what's gone on in court up to now...

Fingers crossed the millers get the verdict they want.

And what do you suppose that is?

I don't know the millers, they have been at the court and been kept updated when they have not, David was there son I am sure they won't want the wrong people to be jailed, they are not stupid people. Stupid people don't bring up children like David and Hannah.

the verdict was decided when Prayuth publicly declared that he had looked at the evidence and they were guilty. sad.png

The leader of a country publicly declaring such a thing may be seen as a complete and utter farce in most countries, could even be submitted as reason to declare a mistrial, but hey, there ya go.

Yes I agree with you but he has got a get out clause and can hang the cops out to dry based on his decision was based on what they told him and that's since been found to be lies...Will he do it...Mmmm don't think so but that's what I was referring to when I said he could come out of this well...However I'm not sure he's clever enough to go down that route...There's loads of bent BIB to throw under the bus if he wanted..

100% correct correct correct and correct, if I was him I would be looking for the heads that tried to mislead me

also considering the evolving climate on corruption might just make some people think twice before digging a future hole for themselves

I suppose it's not beyond imagination to find the one who admitted being on the beach and finding a phone to be guilty, and finding the other not guilty. A split decision?

Yes not beyond imagination but guilty by admitting to being on a beach is stretching it a bit..!! But TiT..we will know soon won't we...it says it all that none of us have a clue what decision will be reached ! And what reasons given for it...

I know what reasons can't be given for it, that one is easy

Nigeone, on 24 Dec 2015 - 03:02, said:
stephenterry, on 24 Dec 2015 - 02:55, said:

@stephenterry - that's exactly what I've been thinking. They have no evidence against Zaw Lin except the alleged DNA found in the female victim. They can't even pin the theft of a phone on him, or are they going to convict him of stealing the sunglasses? whistling.gif

May justice be the proper outcome.

It is not about the emotional states of any family members,

but about proper rule of law being applied and not opinion.

The appeals courts are not right in Surat Thani,

and the Supreme Court even farther removed from local influence.

It doesn't end here.

Archived