Shipping Of Pets & Personal Items

cotty230

Hi group, I am looking for some advice on shipping of my personal effects and my pet dog from the United Kingdom to Thailand, my wife will be a returning Thai citzen and I will be returning on a Non immigrant visa (:o with a plan to get my work permit once in Thailand.

I have now been informed by the Thai Veterinary authorities in bkk via a telephone that currently my type of dog, a rottweiler are prohibted to enter. But in in the next breath of conversation my wife was informed by the authoriites that if we call them seventten day before shipping the rules might have changed, by this stage I will have had to have paid the shipping fees and they still might not let my dog in.

I am desperately looking for a solution to this and any help would be appreciated. As we are planning to be in Thailand by June 04 and our items are being shipped mid May 04.

Also does anyone know with my wife being a returning resident would she still have to pay duty on our personal items.

Looking forward to hearing from you;-)

Hi group, I am looking for some advice on shipping of my personal effects and my pet dog from the United Kingdom to Thailand, my wife will be a returning Thai citzen and I will be returning on a Non immigrant visa (:o with a plan to get my work permit once in Thailand.

I have now been informed by the Thai Veterinary authorities in bkk via a telephone that currently my type of dog, a rottweiler are prohibted to enter. But in in the next breath of conversation my wife was informed by the authoriites that if we call them seventten day before shipping the rules might have changed, by this stage I will have had to have paid the shipping fees and they still might not let my dog in.

I am desperately looking for a solution to this and any help would be appreciated. As we are planning to be in Thailand by June 04 and our items are being shipped mid May 04.

Also does anyone know with my wife being a returning resident would she still have to pay duty on our personal items.

Looking forward to hearing from you;-)

The dog question is a bit too hard. Until you have a one year extension of your O visa inside Thailand, or you get an O-A visa abroad, you get no rights to bring personal effects without duty. Your wife, as a returning Thai can bring personal effects. Talk to the Thai Embassy in London. They can fill you in on current regulations. Because you are married to a Thai, you can get a work permit on an O or O-A visa.

Cotty230, I tried to check the Rottweiler. Sorry, no answer possible, Songkran is on the way and the people, who I know, disappeared.

For import of used h/hold items it helps if Khun wife gets a certificate by the consulate stating that she has lived for so and so long and now returning to Thailand with her personal belongings.

Usually, we clear under Thai wife's name (need previous ID-card and address, Thai passport and just in case, wedding certificate)

Duty free import is ok but no vehicles. Electronics and electrical parts, one piece each, only. (1 TV set, 1 used computer set, 1 fridge etc.)

Need a detailled packing list with prices which customs will treat as 'invoice'.

Electr./electronics should be listet with brand name and model name.