Forms Needed for Non O visa in Savannakhet as preliminary to retirement visa

Dear All,

There is a lot of contradictory information floating around out there about getting the Non O visa as a preliminary before

applying for the retirement visa. I will be going to Savannakhet in January and the Thai consulate there has the majority of online forms

available only in Thai. Any help with figuring out what forms are needed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

There is no "retirement visa" but you might obtain a non immigrant "O" visa based on being 50+ years of age if you can meet the financial requirements.

As already said Savannakhet is not the best of places to apply.

An "O" visa is a pre requisite for applying for an " extension of stay based on retirement" (It is not a visa )

• Like 1

Savannakhet turns more people away applying for a non-o visa based upon being 50 or over than they issue. Best to go to Vientiane.

They ask for this that is shown on their website. "A letter of retirement from the Embassy of nationality".

There is no "retirement visa" but you might obtain a non immigrant "O" visa based on being 50+ years of age if you can meet the financial requirements.

An "O" visa is a pre requisite for applying for an " extension of stay based on retirement" (It is not a visa )

Not true!!!

I, and many like me, have extensions of stay based on retirement without "O" visas.

If you want to nit pick then at least try to be correct yourself.

Not true!!!

I, and many like me, have extensions of stay based on retirement without "O" visas.

you would of had a non immigrant 'o' to start the process.

Entering the country with a Non-O visa IS a prerequisite for a one year extension based on retirement,

There was a way to convert the visa status (from a tourist visa e.g.) at Chaeng Wattana central immigration office.

And still is I assume?

Not true!!!

Please explain how an extension of stay is obtained without a non imm visa .

Not true!!!

Please explain how an extension of stay is obtained without a non imm visa .

Why should I have to explain something I never said?

Just one. Here is the visa application form. Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

Vientiane is the better choice for a non 'O' visa based on retirement. Savannakhet do issue them but reportedly can be difficult with their requirements.

Thanks, Elviajero. But this application only mentions three different visas: Tourist Visa I Transit Visa I Non-Immigrant Visa .

​It doesn't mention the O or what documents you need to obtain it.

Just one. Here is the visa application form. Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

Vientiane is the better choice for a non 'O' visa based on retirement. Savannakhet do issue them but reportedly can be difficult with their requirements.

Thanks, Elviajero. But this application only mentions three different visas: Tourist Visa I Transit Visa I Non-Immigrant Visa .

​It doesn't mention the O or what documents you need to obtain it.

It's a Non-Immigrant O visa.

Okay, that all above being said, What forms/paperwork would you take to Vientiane for a non 'O' visa based on retirement? Thanks in advance? smile.png

Your passport plus a copy of the photo page and the Lao/visa entry stamp.

Financial proof. Bank book showing 800k baht or letter from embassy proving 65k baht income or both totaling 800k baht.

Some people have been asked for a bank letter. Some proof of address if asked for.

Application form with photos attached: New Vientiane Form.pdf

• Like 1

Okay, that all above being said, What forms/paperwork would you take to Vientiane for a non 'O' visa based on retirement? Thanks in advance? smile.png

Financial proof. Bank book showing 800k baht or letter from embassy proving 65k baht income or both totaling 800k baht.

Some people have been asked for a bank letter. Some proof of address if asked for.

Application form with photos attached:

Thanks ubonjoe, I will be heading up there by the middle of Jan 2016 from Ubon after I get a letter from the U.S. Embassy with financial proof. smile.png

PS: "MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR" burp.gif

Application form with photos attached:

Thanks ubonjoe, I will be heading up there by the middle of Jan 2016 from Ubon after I get a letter from the U.S. Embassy with financial proof. smile.png

PS: "MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR" burp.gif

Be sure you only attach a copy of the income affidavit you will be getting from the embassy to the application. Show them the original and keep it so that you can use it to apply for your extension.

Info for getting the affidavit is here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html#income_affidavit

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just as a follow up, went to Vientiane and got my Non-Immigrant O visa-good for 90 days (One entry-Would not give me multiple). I had to refill out the Visa application due to a new form. Otherwise very uneventful. Next to Amphoe Phibun Mangsahan for my extension and multiple entry. Thanks to all! wai2.gif

Just as a follow up, went to Vientiane and got my Non-Immigrant O visa-good for 90 days (One entry-Would not give me multiple). I had to refill out the Visa application due to a new form. Otherwise very uneventful. Next to Amphoe Phibun Mangsahan for my extension and multiple entry. Thanks to all! wai2.gif

The immigration office is no longer in Phibun. They have moved to a new office in Sirindhorn. See here for info. Ubon Ratchaithani Immigration Office Has Moved To Sirindhorn

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to update this thread slightly, as I have just got back from Savannakhet with a successful non O' single entry visa - based on retirement.

Here is the paperwork I handed in:

Filled in application form with 2 current passport photos.

A freshly updated bankbook and a photo copy of the name/account page and balance page. (Copy can be done next door for 10baht)

2 Copies of my passport

My rental agreement and photocopy. (They asked to see the original)

Copy of my birth certificate (probably not needed)

And as a UK citizen I also printed out this page https://www.gov.uk/retirement-age as I read that they had asked for proof of retirement from your embassy on earlier threads.

Handed over 2000 Baht, and picked up my passport the next day at 2pm.

The only downside was the size of the queues. This place was really busy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The immigration office is no longer in Phibun. They have moved to a new office in Sirindhorn. See here for info. Ubon Ratchaithani Immigration Office Has Moved To Sirindhorn

Hey ubonjoe,

Finally found time to go over and obtain a non immigrant "O" visa at Sirindhorn next week. Are their any forms I may fill out (online) and take with me? Appreciate any info-Thanks.

Dan

Hey ubonjoe,

Finally found time to go over and obtain a non immigrant "O" visa at Sirindhorn next week. Are their any forms I may fill out (online) and take with me? Appreciate any info-Thanks.

Dan

You wont get a Non Immigrant O Visa at Sirindhorn Immigration.

You can apply for a 12 month extension of your permision to stay.

You need a TM7 form.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Edited by Eclipse

Hey ubonjoe,

Dan

You wont get a Non Immigrant O Visa at Sirindhorn Immigration.

You can apply for a 12 month extension of your permision to stay.

You need a TM7 form.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Sorry, I meant extension-Thanks for listing the TM7.

Edited by Dan747