Ubon Ratchaithani Immigration Office Has Moved To Sirindhorn

ubonjoe

They will be at the new office on Monday November 2nd.

Photo, GPS location and link to this map http://maps.google.c...20037,105.41014 is in this post. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/640358-ubon-ratchathani-news-development/page-16?p=10017170#entry10017170

This has also been updated Address and Google Map location of immigration offices with new location shown,

The office is about 27.3 km further down 217 than the old office in Phibun.

New phone number is 045-366000

Edit: Mailing address (90 day reports).

Ubon Rachaithani Immigration

189 Moo 10 Tambon Nikhom Sang Ton-eng Lam Dom Noi

Amphoe Sirindhorn, Ubon Ratchaithni 34350

ตม.จว. อุบลราชธานี
189 ม.10 ต.นิดมสร้างตนเองลำ โดมน้อย
อ.สิรินธร จ.อุบล 34350

So this is where I have to go now every time I return to Thailand to tell them I've returned to Thailand and reported in with immigration at the airport within 24 hours of entering the country even though I just reported in when I land? Any more sensible alternatives? I can't just go to the local police station 6 KMC Trading BV away with my passport and say hi?

I'm guessing this is when I need to go for 90 day reporting when the online 90 day reporting doesn't work too?

Just some information for everyone. Wednesday the 28th I mailed 2 letters to Thai Immigration. One to the commissioner of Immigration in Bangkok and the other to the Immigration Division 4 Commander in Nakorn Ratchasima, requesting that they consider the re-opening of a immigration office in Ubon. The added distance would put a burden on the many ex-pat's that live in the Northern part of the province. I will wait and see what kind, if any, of a response I will receive. My fingers are crossed.

Ubonjoe,

my pal's just been to Sirinthorn; no surprises.

ADDITIONAL INFO: the old office at Phibun told me that for my (next) FIRST 90-day gig at Sirinthorn, I could not renew by post. A personal appearance is required - what a mindless drag.

FOR UNMARRIED RETIREES: the bankbook & bank letter are not sufficient to prove money, unless the details have been updated to the actual visa renewal day. So what you need to do is make an ATM withdrawal on THAT DAY. The ATM computer will then update your bankbook, & issue a receipt for that date. Get 2 photocopes. Otherwise, the computer only records details of the LAST transaction & balance. IOWs, the bank letter is actually another waste of time. The bank-person just looks on his/her computer, & writes down what's on the monitor.

ADDRESS: Last year, Phibun also made a song & dance about the Ubon address I have had for about 10 years. I provided house bills & rent payment receipts, but no good. I had to make a second trip with added 'evidence' - what a mindless drag.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I don't own a car, am I supposed to take the mini van from Ubon main bus station to Chongmek and stop at the immigration office or I should get off at Sirindhorn bus station and take a taxi to the office? Any bus going from Warin market? Thanks

I have been waiting for somebody else to reply to your post that has done it already.

I am sure the van to Chong Mek will drop you off at the office. But getting back to the city may be a bigger challenge.

There is a bus that goes to Chong Mek that makes a circuit through Warin on the way out of town from the bus station. Same on the way back into town.

Just did my 90 day report in person. In and out in under 5 minutes. I didn't have to fill anything out. They took my passport, printed the form with all my info already on it, I signed it, and was done. As you leave immigration to head back to Ubon, there's a 7-11 on your left. across the road from the 7-11 is a little restaurant that makes amazing kaprow. They also have coffee. FYI.

This morning I took the mini van from Ubon main bus station to Chongmek but I got off in front of the immigration office, that was pretty simple and people at the bus station was quite helpful explaining what to do. I didn't use the bus for the return to Ubon, I got a ride from someone who was at the immigration office. There are a row of stores/restaurants on the opposite side of the high way, Ubon bound, one or two kilometers from the immigration office (maybe be shorter) , you can ask for a place where they sell bus ticket and wait there for the return to Ubon. This was what the bus driver explained to me.

Sent my first 90 day report by mail (EMS) today to the new office. Wife normally does them in person for me but that extra 27.3 km makes it impractical now. A 120 km round trip was not bad but 180 is to much.

Sent an email 2 weeks ago asking for an address other than Immigration Ubon Ratchaithani in Amphoe Sirindhorn but did not get a reply. Also asked about them doing a visit to the city for reports and etc.

Had intentions of doing a border crossing at Chong Mek to get a new entry since my last entry in 2008 does not allow me to do online reporting but have now delayed it until the next one will be due. Still hoping they can fix it. Tried it but still a no go.

For anybody wanting to mail in a report the postal code is 34350 for Sirindhorn. Had to resort to Wiki to find the postal code. Search on Thai Post in English gave me no info. Searched using 34350 and confirmed it is correct.

Used the one shown of the Google map for immigration offices. My wife called immigration last week and was told 34110 that is shown on the map. Map will be corrected shortly.

In Thai สิรินธร อ.สิรินธร อุบลราชธานี 34350

OldgitTom reported earlier about unmarried retirees requiring an up to date bank book or bank slip relating to the date of extension application.

I applied for marriage visa extension today and can confirm this now has the same requirement; first time for me that they have asked for this.

Probably most people assumed this anyway, but at least now it is in print for all to see.

• 2 months later...

Just FYI, the current phone number is 045-485-107.

Just tried that number and got Chong Mek was given same number as in the OP (045366000). That number goes to a switch board and you have to ask for the Sirindhorn office.

Was checking on 90 day report they received on the 1st by EMS. They did not process until the 7th which was the date it was due. Told new report date is June 4th. Now waiting for it to show up in the mail. Guessing that the post office didn't notice the 40 baht in stamps on the envelope for it be sent back by EMS.

Edit: Funny how things happen. Envelope postmarked the 8th arrived about noon after the call this morning. Not bad for standard post. May use standard post for the return next time.

Just FYI, the current phone number is 045-485-107.

Just tried that number and got Chong Mek was given same number as in the OP (045366000). That number goes to a switch board and you have to ask for the Sirindhorn office.

Was checking on 90 day report they received on the 1st by EMS. They did not process until the 7th which was the date it was due. Told new report date is June 4th. Now waiting for it to show up in the mail. Guessing that the post office didn't notice the 40 baht in stamps on the envelope for it be sent back by EMS.

Joe,

Can you please tell me which copies, if any, they require at Ubon Immigration to accompany the TM 47 for 90-day reporting by mail? I know there is an official list, but Immigration offices often adjust the requirements, so appreciate you telling me what worked for you.

Years ago, when I used to do by mail, Phibun didn't bother with any photocopies - those were the days!

Many thanks.

I have included a copy of my passport photo page, visa, entry stamp last extension stamp and TM6 departure card. This time I got all the copies down to 2 sheets by grouping them together.

Also the last report receipt and made a copy of it to keep.

They do not stick to the 7 days before rule. As long as it gets there before the report date it will be done.

I have included a copy of my passport photo page, visa, entry stamp last extension stamp and TM6 departure card. This time I got all the copies down to 2 sheets by grouping them together.

Also the last report receipt and made a copy of it to keep.

They do not stick to the 7 days before rule. As long as it gets there before the report date it will be done.

Thanks very much Joe.

Archived