2 questions

i need help on info here 1. i am on my third and last leg of a triple entry tourist visa. can i get extension at chiang mai immigration? what about if i go to ranaong and cross over to burma there and re-nter thailand? or Mai Sai? thank you for helping me out here. smile.png

1. Yes you can get a 30 day extension of stay at CM immigration as long as it's the first extension of your current 60 day permit to stay. You need to use a Chiang Mai address.

You can only go out/in at Mai Sai if you have a visa. They won't issue visa exempt entries.

Edited by elviajero

It might be possible to do a crossing for a visa exempt entry at Ranong. As said it is not possible at Mae Sai.

The nearest crossing to Chiang Mai where you could do it would be at the Chiang Khong crossing to Laos.

I like Chiang Khong . so if i cross over there, i can renter and get a 30 day thai tourist visa you think? cheers. pw

It might be possible to do a crossing for a visa exempt entry at Ranong. As said it is not possible at Mae Sai.

The nearest crossing to Chiang Mai where you could do it would be at the Chiang Khong crossing to Laos.

I like Chiang Khong . so if i cross over there, i can renter and get a 30 day thai tourist visa you think? cheers. pw

You would only get a 15 day visa exempt entry unless your are from a G7 country.

You would only get a 15 day visa exempt entry unless your are from a G7 country.

Canada. i think we are G7.