Phuket crash victim pummeled by oncoming truck

snoop1130

Phuket crash victim pummeled by oncoming truck
By Chutharat Plerin
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A 60-year-old man was hit by a truck moments after staggering to his feet from a motorbike crash on Thepkrasattri Road in Phuket on Sunday.

CCTV video recorded Kan Sawaengkaew, 60, attempting to cut across multiple northbound lanes toward a u-turn point and crashing into 23-year-old Chinese national Chuai Cher. Both crash victims were sent skidding across the empty stretch of road with their motorbikes. However, whenMr Kan regained his footing, he was struck by an oncoming truck.

“We have yet to charge the driver of the truck, as everyone involved in the incident will be meeting to negotiate compensation tomorrow,” Tah Chat Chai Police Deputy Superintendent Sarit Bootnongsaeng told the Phuket Gazette.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Video-Phuket-crash-victim-pummeled-oncoming-truck/62701?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-22

1. The guy didn't even look behind when pulling out onto the main highway.

2. The truck driver only seemed to notice the guy when he was about 5m from his truck.

3. Once he did get out his truck, he never even really looked at the guy he'd hit..

3 things that actually don't surprise me here. 1 thing that did surprise me is both riders had helmets on.

So maybe there is hope for this country after all :)

Note the other motorcyclist.

Takes a look at the carnage, mai pen rai. On his way... wai2.gif

And the car next to him. Same thing.

I cannot conceive of this in the real world.

In broad daylight, two people go savagely down.

C'ya. I can't be bothered.

Soulless.

Edited by iReason

Notice the truck that hit the guy was flashing his high beam lights to indicate his speeding and get out of my way.

He obviously saw what was ahead.

Also note his skid marks after he stopped. A good 30 metres.

Typical of the mugs driving here.

Edited by hansgruber

Notice the truck that hit the guy was flashing his high beam lights to indicate his speeding and get out of my way.

He obviously saw what was ahead.

Also note his skid marks after he stopped. A good 30 metres.

Typical of the mugs driving here.

The truck driver hitting the Thai guy, who was at fault in the first accident, has probably saved the Chinese girl's life.

That truck driver would have continued on to run over her.

2. The truck driver only seemed to notice the guy when he was about 5m from his truck.

3. Once he did get out his truck, he never even really looked at the guy he'd hit..

3 things that actually don't surprise me here. 1 thing that did surprise me is both riders had helmets on.

So maybe there is hope for this country after all :)

Actually that toyota slowed after the uturn and pulled to the side of the road, he or she even indicated which is odd. :)

They could have rendered assistance.

Daily carnage on the street.

This truck driver is a potential killer.

You see a heavy accident in front of you on a barely empty street in broad dayliight, have time to stop but keep on speeding and hitting an accident victim?

This would be worth some valuable time in prison in many civilized countries.

Just been thrown around? Don't you think he might have been under some kind of shock?

You're a cool man!

Did you notice that this truck driver flashed his lights on approach !!!!

Here I come, job done!

Brainless scumbag.

post-99794-0-30460700-1450792817_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

You see a heavy accident in front of you on a barely empty street in broad dayliight, have time to stop but keep on speeding and hitting an accident victim?

Just been thrown around? Don't you think he might have been under some kind of shock?

You're a cool man!

Here I come, job done!

Brainless scumbag.

attachicon.gifflashing.jpg

I meant he didn't look before wiping out the girl on the bike initially.

Yes of course he was dazed after that :)

Chinese girl could have anticipated his actions slightly better... I always expect every vehicle on the side of the road to pull out in front of me. If they don't, its a bonus...

The man by his stupidity in pulling out into the road without due care caused the initial accident, and the injury to the first motorcyclist, and so I suppose it is only good karma that he got well creamed by the truck, driven by another idiot, as he staggered into its path.

Hard to have sympathy with the stupidest road users on the planet when they suffer the consequences of their idiocy.

Oh well, I'm sure the compensation will come in handy and keep him well supplied with the cheap booze that I imagine fuels his carelessness on the road.

Did the police check any of these goons for alcohol? Thought not.

I could watch these video clips all day.

Edited by MUSTYJACK

You're a cool man!

Here I come, job done!

Brainless scumbag.

attachicon.gifflashing.jpg

I meant he didn't look before wiping out the girl on the bike initially.

Yes of course he was dazed after that :)

Chinese girl could have anticipated his actions slightly better... I always expect every vehicle on the side of the road to pull out in front of me. If they don't, its a bonus...

Yeah that's the thing.

Chinese tourists are not up to date on Thainess. She will probably be slung with the bill to fix everything.

The Chinese deserves nothing. At fault in both collisions. And no safety helmet. The truck driver slowed.

You have a vision or mental problem, see a doctor cool.png

Or you were in the wrong cinema.

He started breaking (lurching) maybe 20 m before hitting.

Had all the time to slow down.

Both motorcycles riders wore helmets.

The one of the victim flying through the air when being hit.

But why do I feed the troll blink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

“...We have yet to charge the driver of the truck..."

For God's sake police...just look at the video. That truck driver had no intention of stopping. As someone else pointed out, people who flash their lights have full belief they have been seen and given fair enough warning so they now have full rights to barrel on through. And if he hadn't hit the old man that caused this accident then that truck may very well have hit the Chinese national a little further down the road who was just getting up and still sitting there dazed.

That driver needs to be charged with as much as can be thrown at him as well as the old man who caused the accident.

Thank God there was a video. Who knows what the truck driver and old man would have said to get out of their culpability.

“...We have yet to charge the driver of the truck..."

For God's sake police...just look at the video. That truck driver had no intention of stopping. As someone else pointed out, people who flash their lights have full belief they have been seen and given fair enough warning so they now have full rights to barrel on through. And if he hadn't hit the old man that caused this accident then that truck may very well have hit the Chinese national a little further down the road who was just getting up and still sitting there dazed.

That driver needs to be charged with as much as can be thrown at him as well as the old man who caused the accident.

Thank God there was a video. Who knows what the truck driver and old man would have said to get out of their culpability.

Agree completely. No doubt the Chinese girl will be made to pay compensation to the two Thais for being there.

the van guy flashes his lights, he's seen the survivor of an accident in the road and indicated; get out of my way, i am not stopping.

he saw the guy and drove straight into him. amazing thailand indeed.

That's the way it looks to me. He expected the guy to get out of his way so he did not immediate start braking. Just as well he hit the guy or he would then have run over the lady.

the van guy flashes his lights, he's seen the survivor of an accident in the road and indicated; get out of my way, i am not stopping.

That's the way it looks to me. He expected the guy to get out of his way so he did not immediate start braking. Just as well he hit the guy or he would then have run over the lady.

Although I am not a mind reader, my experience would say that he was flashing his lights at the U-turning vehicle so it wouldn't impede his progress - much easier than braking.

Although I am not a mind reader, my experience would say that he was flashing his lights at the U-turning vehicle so it wouldn't impede his progress - much easier than braking.
If you watch the video again. The car has already made the turn and out of the lane when the speeding driver flashed his lights.

He was flashing for the people to move no doubt.