OPPO

MarcelV

What are OPPO smartphones like?

I wish to buy a new phone during my holiday early 2016 and need a phone that is good value for money. I've seen all those OPPO shops before and was wondering if anyone has practical experience with them.

Bought an OPPO "Joy" for the mother- in-law last year.

While she didn't understand any of the smartphone options at first she's now proficient and updating/maintaining her own contacts, , and using LINE to voice or video chat with her son or grandchildren in Krung Thep Mahanakhon, and playing youtube videos. Works fine for her.

The OPPO runs a custom version of Android called Color OS.

If you plan on purchasing any smartphone in Thailand and want it to work in your home country, take a close look as the specifications to verify it has the Frequencies (bands) and Networks (3G, LTE, etc) used by your preferred GSM/3G/LTE provider in those countries.

My wife bought an Oppo Joy. For a basic smartphone where you don't require the Galaxy type of large screen, its absolutely fine. Good value for money. I have a Wiko Ridge Fab. If I was buying another phone I would choose either Wiko again or a large screen Oppo. Comparing mine with my son's big dollar Samsung, I can find very little difference of any significance, certainly nothing to justify the huge difference in cost. My observations of the large screen Oppo's are about the same.