Chinese tourist drowns in Pattaya sea

webfact

Chinese tourist drowned in Pattaya sea

229-wpcf_728x409.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 68-year-old Chinese tourist was drowned after swimming at Pattaya beach in front of Twin Palm Resort hotel yesterday.
The tourist was later identified as Mr Zhu Fuhe.

He was last seen swimming in the sea before his relatives and friends became suspicious of his lengthy time in the water.

They started to look for him in the water and found him drowned.

He was taken out of the water to the shore and primary assistance to pump his heart was conducted. Medical staff from Memorial hospital were also alerted.

He was later transferred to the hospital but was pronounced dead upon arrival.

Police said a forensic autopsy would be conducted to find the exact cause of death.

The man came to Pattaya with relatives on a group tour.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chinese-tourist-drowned-in-pattaya-sea

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-23

....it seems that they should give thorough warnings to visitors at the hotels...in a language or format that they can understand....

...68 years old....swimming alone......man against the sea....no contest...no sense either....and irresponsible on the hosts' part....

....it seems that they should give thorough warnings to visitors at the hotels...in a language or format that they can understand....

...68 years old....swimming alone......man against the sea....no contest...no sense either....and irresponsible on the hosts' part....

Forty years ago he might have been a Chinese Olympic swimmer ...who knows? I don't think it is the hosts responsibility to tell any guest what they should or should not do.

Yeah - I saw these new Lifeguards when they recently had the Jet Ski farce on Jomtien beach the other week.

The guys are dressed in dark black cotton like a security guard an has a Hi Viz bib with Lifeguard on it. Long trousers and wearing dress leather shoes.

This about as far removed as you can get from what a Lifeguard is supposed to look and dress like.

Also, in all my years here I have only ever seen about 6 Thais that could actually swim, some claim they can, but do a strange double handed doggy paddle with their arms, their fingers splayed wide apart combined with a feeble freestyle leg kick that last about 4 mtrs before they put their feet back on the bottom and push off again. They hate to get out of their depth and do not like not being able to feel the ground or pool bottom.

about 20 years ago I worked part time as a council pool attendant and life guard in the UK. You have to pass the Bronze Medallion in lifesaving and be fully conversant with the latest resuscitation process which you have to re-test every year.

never going to happen here is it ? Merry Xmas......