Not getting Marriage visa, but only work permit ?

I live in Thailand now and I'm planning to apply for non-o soon. If I stay in Thailand by retirement visa and get married. can I get work permit without applying for marriage visa ?

I prefer to stay with retirement visa. It seems easier to get one.

Thanks a lot in advance for helpful replies.

Actually, there are quite a few provinces that will issue a WP on a retirement extension, just that Bkk is not one of them.

I doubt there are "quite a few"!

If a labour office issue a work permit to someone with an extension based on retirement the foreigner would be breaking the terms of their extension and could face penalties from immigration.

• Like 1

No. If you are planning on working you are better off having a visa or extension of stay based on marriage. You won't get a WP with a visa or extension based on retirement.

--------------------------------------

I think the OP was confused.

You CAN get a work permit (with proper documentation from an employer) on a marriage extension, but as I well know on a retirement extension there is written the phrase, " Work is prohibited on this extension".

No. If you are planning on working you are better off having a visa or extension of stay based on marriage. You won't get a WP with a visa or extension based on retirement.

--------------------------------------

I think the OP was confused.

You CAN get a work permit (with proper documentation from an employer) on a marriage extension, but as I well know on a retirement extension there is written the phrase, " Work is prohibited on this extension".

Not on all of them :-)

post-236397-0-85748600-1451013249_thumb.post-236397-0-47682100-1451013250_thumb.post-236397-0-02155800-1451013251_thumb.