Electricity bills lower through April

snoop1130

Electricity bills lower through April
The Nation

THAILAND -- The Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) has given consumers a year-end gift by cutting their electricity bills by 1.57 satang perunit in thefuel adjustment tariff for the January-April period.

Veeraphol Jirapraditkul, a member of the commission, said Wednesday that the reduction would bring the Ft to -4.80 satang per unit for the period. The basic electricity charge for all users would average Bt3.7076 per unit for the next period.

The Ft surcharge for November-December was -3.23 satang per unit. The reduction of the Ft was due to the lower prices of crude oil.

However, the ERC predicts that the baht's depreciation, rising electricity demand in the first four months of next year and the severe drought will drive up the cost of electricity generation in 2016, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Electricity-bills-lower-through-April-30275534.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-23

I'm sure those upcountry where the temperature really drops in the night will be happy that keeping the heaters on will be no financial problem.

Really?

Lets say they are unsing 100 units/month, so bill comes in at just under 400B/month.

They've just saved 1.5satang per unit, so 157satang, or 1.5B per month.

This is nothing more than a PR exercise.

That's 3B a month off my bill then. We're talking double figures between now and April.

Only 9B off my regular bill, no double figure saving for me.

I think April is usually my biggest bill so that will be back up 10b, better get saving.

Yeah ....complain and complain ....think before you say anything ......in this country 10B is money so any reduction is welcome ....so Thank you I do appreciate the reduction .... I am not rich like you people so I value each B I have ..... maybe you should to ....stop thinking in Pounds or Dollars .....learn to think in B may help your opinion and save a bit and help others with all the money you have ..... I do with little I have ....

Just Wondering ....

I'm sure those upcountry where the temperature really drops in the night will be happy that keeping the heaters on will be no financial problem.

Really?

Lets say they are unsing 100 units/month, so bill comes in at just under 400B/month.

Excuses, I was just being somewhat sarcastic. I doubt there are many electric heaters upcountry.

And we are soooo greatfull for this enormous price cut ....now that oil and natgas prices have tumbled down for over a year.... sarc.

Well considering that a large portion of electricity in Thailand is produced by hydro-electric power and the locally produced natural gas powers some power stations, how much of a cut would you expect?

And we are soooo greatfull for this enormous price cut ....now that oil and natgas prices have tumbled down for over a year.... sarc.

Well considering that a large portion of electricity in Thailand is produced by hydro-electric power and the locally produced natural gas powers some power stations, how much of a cut would you expect?

Probably not enough to create a news story.

Really?

Excuses, I was just being somewhat sarcastic. I doubt there are many electric heaters upcountry.

I live upcountry and I have two. Every year there is a topic of 'where can I get one' in the CM forum and hardware stores with huge stocks of them in the cool season.

Really?

I live upcountry and I have two. Every year there is a topic of 'where can I get one' in the CM forum and hardware stores with huge stocks of them in the cool season.

Never knew that, but with the yearly cold spells I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I've lived in Bangkok since 1994 and only have experience with switching the airco off at home and freezing in the office.

Any guestimate on the effective saving with the FT now 4.80 Satang lower charge since begin of November ?