Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

DNA does not show rape

it only shows physical presence

rape is about consent

Right, andthrough out all this they forgot to mention anything about having consentual sex with the victim, to anyone at any time.

And how would establish if it was consentual, ask one of DELETED to establish their level of manner and if they actually asked -- no one else is here to answer on behalf of the Hanna.

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Defence lawyer Nakhon Chomphuchat said: “They only showed a 12-minute video portraying the confession."

“But there had been hours of interviews before that video which were not shown to the court.”

"The court also heard Phyo had no legal advice during questioning or the video re-enactment."

http://news.sky.com/story/1539622/mother-sobs-over-backpacker-murder-re-enactment

This is his tweet (unadulterated) - please point out where it say's the word IF!!!!

Jonathan Head@pakhead 29 ธ.ค. 2558

the DNA match is sound, so is the verdict. It's that simple. That's why it was so bizarre that defence lawyers did not challenge DNA methods

10 รีทวีต2 ชื่นชอบ

How are you not suspended for continuing this baiting by lying about the quote? It's been nearly a week with your nonsense.

You know very well that the quote in full is: "For Koh Tao key is to read verdict. Judges admitted lots of flaws in investigation. But stated DNA match overrides all those concerns. If the DNA match is sound, so is the verdict. It's that simple. That's why it was so bizarre that defence lawyers did not challenge DNA methods"

So you have literally spent a week trying to derail this thread by knowingly misquoting a tweet that was spread over two posts.

The level of childishness that the handful of shills will go to just proves what a sham this trial was. If what you have brought up throughout this thread is really the best you have for a double murder case which got 2 guys a death sentence then it just goes to show how shoddy and non-existent the evidence against the B2 really was. So many flaws and unanswered questions and lies by the RTP but all you can do is spread misinformation and petty misquotes for months instead of coming up with some massive smoking gun which would prove that they actually did it.

You are all liars and frauds, and you all know it. I'm just posting this so anyone new to the conversation will also realise it instead of believing your lies and misinformation.

The massive smoking gun you are talking about is the same evidence you want to believe doesn't exists.

Based on that evidence they were found guilty of murdering Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, which goes to prove, once again, that you can ignore reality but can't escape the consequences of ignoring reality.

But hey, give it a shot, why did the defense do nothing to contest your supposed non-existent evidence? You make it sound like it would had been a cakewalk to disprove it... they didn't touch it with a ten foot pole instead.

This is the misinformation that you've been banging on for months that I was talking about. Just like lucky11 continuingly posting half of a tweet, you have been posting this same misinformation about the DNA retesting for about 4 months. The reason the defense would not retest it has been explained at length in this thread already, the fact you choose to ignore the posts about it is exactly the same reason that lucky11 is ignoring the explanation about the half tweet. This is the level of you argument. You have no real argument so you rely on posting the same lies and misinformation over and over.

AleG, what is your opinion on this blog, seems like this guy is talking a lot of rubbish huh?

http://mikeestravels.com/2014/09/25/the-dark-side-of-thailands-island-paradise/

In my opinion, I think he's trying to tarnish Thailand's reputation, I mean one could not think that what he's saying here in this blog is true, it's too unbelievable.

What do you think?

Edited by lkv

How can you possibly take something such as what he tweeted out of context? He said the DNA evidence was sound and the verdict also.

So you think he still believes they are innocent?

He said "IF the DNA evidence was sound, the verdict wa sound".

You missed out the "if" you also missed the sarcasm.

This is his tweet (unadulterated) - please point out where it say's the word IF!!!!

the DNA match is sound, so is the verdict. It's that simple. That's why it was so bizarre that defence lawyers did not challenge DNA methods

10 รีทวีต2 ชื่นชอบ

More mis-representation. Unbelievable!

Thanks for posting the full tweet Stealth Energiser. Though it's been posted before and Lucky 11 chose to ignore it.

Ignored, of course- doesn't fit the rhetoric and it sounds much better for his agenda to show it out of context, if only everyone would believe it - he might give up on it.....

"Zaw Lin then told the court in Koh Samui, Thailand, today that the men asked him some questions through a translator before stripping him naked in an air conditioned room and putting a plastic bag tightly over his head."

“I bit through the bag to be able to breathe so they put another bag on top of that one and the translator asked me: “Did you kill?” When I said “No”, they put another bag over my head and pulled it tight around my neck."

“The translator then asked me again: “Did you kill or not?” Then I collapsed on the floor.”

Source: http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/i_was_tortured_to_confess_murdering_hannah_witheridge_accused_tells_court_today_1_4216927

The massive smoking gun you are talking about is the same evidence you want to believe doesn't exists.

Based on that evidence they were found guilty of murdering Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, which goes to prove, once again, that you can ignore reality but can't escape the consequences of ignoring reality.

But hey, give it a shot, why did the defense do nothing to contest your supposed non-existent evidence? You make it sound like it would had been a cakewalk to disprove it... they didn't touch it with a ten foot pole instead.

This is the misinformation that you've been banging on for months that I was talking about. Just like lucky11 continuingly posting half of a tweet, you have been posting this same misinformation about the DNA retesting for about 4 months. The reason the defense would not retest it has been explained at length in this thread already, the fact you choose to ignore the posts about it is exactly the same reason that lucky11 is ignoring the explanation about the half tweet. This is the level of you argument. You have no real argument so you rely on posting the same lies and misinformation over and over.

Why did the defense refuse to do the retest they asked for with such insistence?

All I have heard is speculation that the retest was to be made with material that was not original, and every single time I have asked for a cite to support that claim I have heard nothing but crickets.

What I do know is that at the time the defense changed their minds they gave the excuse that it was because the results would had been sent first to the police and then to them, and they didn't trust the police; as of late the story has changed and now they didn't want to do it because it would had been sent to the court directly.

So where are the lies and misinformation coming from then?

How can you possibly take something such as what he tweeted out of context? He said the DNA evidence was sound and the verdict also.

10 รีทวีต2 ชื่นชอบ

More mis-representation. Unbelievable!

Thanks for posting the full tweet Stealth Energiser. Though it's been posted before and Lucky 11 chose to ignore it.

How can this continual purposely misquote be highlighted to the Admin. for action.?

"He has organized campaigns to ruin businesses in Koh Tao"

And that really hits a raw nerve, doesn't it?

This!!

A lot of these guys who are happy with the verdict have vested interests in keeping the status quo the way is it on Koh Tao and not having the boat rocked.

So what if two young lads who had nothing to do with it go to prison and get the death penalty... As long as the money keeps rolling in...

Despicable people

Davids face was beaten severely! Every bruse to his face had a jagged serrated puncture In the lower third of the bruising... As if (if with a fist) the fist included a ring... A ring that had an ornament a fixed to it! Something attached to do real damage to the victim. Again there was bruising located on the biceps of the victim as if he was restrained (held) for some reason! The 2 boys could not have done this, their size would not have allowed without traces of a struggled being left on their bodies.

Who is known to have and to wear a ring ordained as evidenced at the crime scene? Does not one of the boys from the Bar have one with a shark's tooth a fixed to it? One that he is known to brandished when bolstering a fight or scuffle?

Why was the massive trama's to David's face not discussed or brought into the defense of the defendants? Was it disallowed because it would force an equation into the trial which would force the focus of the court away from the predetermined path already planned by the Island Police and others from the Island??

What killed David? It was not the blow to he top of his head... Was it the massive traumas to the front and sides of his scull? If so then the intentionally inflicted punctures must be included, also the B2 could not have done this!

If people want to keep this thread going I suggest you join those of us who decided to ignore Lucky11 and the other shills some time ago. It is clear their intention is to close this down as previous shills (or them in previous identities) have managed before. Don't let them bait you. There clearly is no point in responding to them since you are never going to change their position.

I disagree. Let them talk. It's not about them baiting us. I'm not going to explain the logic behind what I've just said but whoever is smart enough will understand it.

This thread has already generated over 200k views.

Most people will agree that it's to have debate that can be analysed and scrutinised, but it's not achieving anything when it's just repetition, it just becomes frustrating and annoying and it's doing nothing enhance the cause.

Why did the defense refuse to do the retest they asked for with such insistence?

All I have heard is speculation that the retest was to be made with material that was not original, and every single time I have asked for a cite to support that claim I have heard nothing but crickets.

What I do know is that at the time the defense changed their minds they gave the excuse that it was because the results would had been sent first to the police and then to them, and they didn't trust the police; as of late the story has changed and now they didn't want to do it because it would had been sent to the court directly.

See, exactly like lucky11 ignoring the explanation about the half tweet, here you are doing the exact same thing about the DNA retesting. It has been explained to you at least 2 dozen times that I have seen but here you are pretending that you have never seen those posts. You know full well the reason the defense couldn't retest the DNA, I know you know cuz I've had to read the replies to you many, many times about it myself, so all you are doing now is showing that you are a liar and a fraud who is only intent on spread misinformation and lies.

"He has organized campaigns to ruin businesses in Koh Tao"

And that really hits a raw nerve, doesn't it?

This!!

A lot of these guys who are happy with the verdict have vested interests in keeping the status quo the way is it on Koh Tao and not having the boat rocked.

So what if two young lads who had nothing to do with it go to prison and get the death penalty... As long as the money keeps rolling in...

Despicable people

Davids face was beaten severely! Every bruse to his face had a jagged serrated puncture In the lower third of the bruising... As if (if with a fist) the fist included a ring... A ring that had an ornament a fixed to it! Something attached to do real damage to the victim. Again there was bruising located on the biceps of the victim as if he was restrained (held) for some reason! The 2 boys could not have done this, their size would not have allowed without traces of a struggled being left on their bodies.

Who is known to have and to wear a ring ordained as evidenced at the crime scene? Does not one of the boys from the Bar have one with a shark's tooth a fixed to it? One that he is known to brandished when bolstering a fight or scuffle?

Why was the massive trama's to David's face not discussed or brought into the defense of the defendants? Was it disallowed because it would force an equation into the trial which would force the focus of the court away from the predetermined path already planned by the Island Police and others from the Island??

What killed David? It was not the blow to he top of his head... Was it the massive traumas to the front and sides of his scull? If so then the intentionally inflicted punctures must be included, also the B2 could not have done this!

Just one of the many questions that should have been fully investigated by people who actually know what they are doing - not those that know what they are doing by looking after mafia thugs.

"One of the translators, Ko Ye, admitted to the Samui Central Court yesterday that he could not read or write Thai and barely understood the Rakhine dialect."

"Under questioning from the defense, he said that he signed a statement confirming what happened in the interrogation even though he didn’t know what it said in Thai"

"And he wasn’t asked to sign it until a month afterward."

Source: http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/16101-thai-police-used-roti-vendors-as-translators.html

You'll also notice HRW has called for the ruling to be reviewed but perhaps you missed that bit.........conveniently.

Yes, they are. Given that they are against the death penalty.

It seems you are having trouble distinguishing between "they are innocent and we will fight to set them free " and "we are opposed to the death penalty and would like a review of the ruling. Perhaps you missed the the slight difference there. ..

Conveniently.

Not sure what part your reading but here it is again:

Human Rights Watch called for the ruling to be reviewed, in a statement following the verdict.

In a trial where torture allegations by the two accused were left uninvestigated and DNA evidence was called into question by Thailand's most prominent forensic pathologist, both the ruling and these death sentences are profoundly disturbing, said Phil Robertson, the deputy director of Human Rights Watch's Asia division.

Don't know which part you are reading. They are talking about the torture of suspects. And asking for an enquiry. Nothing to do with their guilt or innocence. Secondly they disagree, with the dna collection and analysis (I agree ,the dna cannot be trusted ).

Because of this they would like the death penalty sentence reviewed .

Read slowly and carefully. At no time does it defend that innocent people are in the prison. Probably because there is a truckload of other evidence that for now has not been answered to adequately. That may change on appeal. But for now even half the posters on here believe at least one of them had some role in these murders.

Thinking of a Britney Spears song might help you.

If people want to keep this thread going I suggest you join those of us who decided to ignore Lucky11 and the other shills some time ago. It is clear their intention is to close this down as previous shills (or them in previous identities) have managed before. Don't let them bait you. There clearly is no point in responding to them since you are never going to change their position.

I would back this statement! But I would venture to add that when you have a predetermined agenda (possibly even to be paid) if you succeed in shutting site!

There has been quite a few Forensic Pathologists who have tried to post "The way International Law" has mandated evidence be secured and what paperwork required, if paths not followed, then Evidence mandated as inadmissable. And must be ignored by the Courts. Here this was flat ignored! "This is Thailand, not an International Court...

Says the level of thinking... Saving face... Has no place in any Court of Law... Anywhere!!!

Don't know which part you are reading. They are talking about the torture of suspects. And asking for an enquiry. Nothing to do with their guilt or innocence. Secondly they disagree, with the dna collection and analysis (I agree ,the dna cannot be trusted ).

Read slowly and carefully. At no time does it defend that innocent people are in the prison. Probably because there is a truckload of other evidence that for now has not been answered to adequately. That may change on appeal. But for now even half the posters on here believe at least one of them had some role in these murders.

Again you're being misleading here. So we don't know which part you are reading either.

So, if the suspect is tortured and because of that torture he is forced to signed a confession, when in fact he's innocent, that has nothing to do with their guilt or innocence.

I mean, that's your understanding of it huh?

Edited by lkv

10 รีทวีต2 ชื่นชอบ

How are you not suspended for continuing this baiting by lying about the quote? It's been nearly a week with your nonsense.

You know very well that the quote in full is: "For Koh Tao key is to read verdict. Judges admitted lots of flaws in investigation. But stated DNA match overrides all those concerns. If the DNA match is sound, so is the verdict. It's that simple. That's why it was so bizarre that defence lawyers did not challenge DNA methods"

So you have literally spent a week trying to derail this thread by knowingly misquoting a tweet that was spread over two posts.

The level of childishness that the handful of shills will go to just proves what a sham this trial was. If what you have brought up throughout this thread is really the best you have for a double murder case which got 2 guys a death sentence then it just goes to show how shoddy and non-existent the evidence against the B2 really was. So many flaws and unanswered questions and lies by the RTP but all you can do is spread misinformation and petty misquotes for months instead of coming up with some massive smoking gun which would prove that they actually did it.

You are all liars and frauds, and you all know it. I'm just posting this so anyone new to the conversation will also realise it instead of believing your lies and misinformation.

I'm also very interested in the question in your first sentence. I thought there was a rule about deliberately spreading misinformation, but the deflection, obfuscation, down right lies, and baiting behaviour continues unabated. (Did you see what I did there) :)

AleG, what is your opinion on this blog, seems like this guy is talking a lot of rubbish huh?

http://mikeestravels.com/2014/09/25/the-dark-side-of-thailands-island-paradise/

In my opinion, I think he's trying to tarnish Thailand's reputation, I mean one could not think that what he's saying here in this blog is true, it's too unbelievable.

What do you think?

There's crime everywhere, does that make the B2 the innocent victims of a vast conspiracy? No, it doesn't.

You may have noticed that, contrary to the "everyone knows" theme that Burmese are used as scapegoats, none of the... hang on, the one murder that is mentioned had Burmese people used as scapegoats.

The other crimes mentioned are all business related events, none of tourists being targeted as victims.

The people running the place may be as bad as you wish to believe, but they make their money by making sure people keep coming, supposedly murdering a pair of young tourists at your business's doorstep does not work so well to that end.

Incidentally, that blog incorrectly says that laboratories in Bangkok are not certified with the ISO17025 standard, which I already shown to be false.

post-70157-0-25614900-1451621885_thumb.j

At the end of the day Wei Phyo had David's phone. by his own admission. Now how do you think that came came to be in his possession.

Oh right, go on, someone say it.

Mon gave it to him. And he was so poor and afraid of mon that he tried to hide it. And he was forced to rape hannah and forced to go back to the crime and collect his things. And he is sorry, but he never would have done it, but he was not strong enough to resist the power family on the island.

Give me a break.

They had asked... Before going to trial for a retest!

Were told there was no more of the original samples in existance!!!

So what were they going to retest against??? Defense knew it would not be against the original taken at the crime scene... Just against the original report... That was modified, scratched data being substituted with handwritten logic...

Possibly rewritten to match an agenda...??

Smartest thing they did was refuse to ask for a retest of the DNA!!!!

10 รีทวีต2 ชื่นชอบ

You know that tweets are limited to a certain number of characters, yes ?

If you look at his previous tweet, you see the word "if" at the end...it was a dialogue that continued.

You're being disingenuous at best, and I ponder your motive. Very sad......

Even if you include the word IF then I believe that he still thinks that they are guilty. He is scathing about the defence team's efforts and seems convinced that they didn't challenge the DNA evidence because they couldn't!! In other words, I stick to my guns in believing that Jonathon Head has changed his mind regards the B2's guilt (Andy Hall is devastated that Head has abandoned their efforts to prove their innocence) as he can now see that he was wrong in his initial judgement!!

Please do not challenge or argue against my long held beliefs as I AM STICKING TO THEM!!

See, exactly like lucky11 ignoring the explanation about the half tweet, here you are doing the exact same thing about the DNA retesting. It has been explained to you at least 2 dozen times that I have seen but here you are pretending that you have never seen those posts. You know full well the reason the defense couldn't retest the DNA, I know you know cuz I've had to read the replies to you many, many times about it myself, so all you are doing now is showing that you are a liar and a fraud who is only intent on spread misinformation and lies.

I'll try to explain as simply as possible.

People saying that the defense declined to do the retests because they wouldn't have access to original samples have never, ever, provided a citation when I asked for one.

I don't care about explanations, excuses and misdirections, where is it stated that the retest the defense requested for the DNA found in Hannah Witheridge could not use original material?

Why is it so hard, if "everyone knows" this, to produce a primary source for that "fact"?

"According to Nakhon, the defense has not received a number of requested documents from the prosecution, including photographs taken during the post-mortem examinations, and required paper trails – known as a ‘chains of custody’ – that document the collection, movement, and current location of all physical evidence."

“We haven’t received any of this,” he said.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1437661326

At the end of the day Wei Phyo had David's phone. by his own admission. Now how do you think that came came to be in his possession.

Oh right, go on, someone say it.

Mon gave it to him. And he was so poor and afraid of mon that he tried to hide it. And he was forced to rape hannah and forced to go back to the crime and collect his things. And he is sorry, but he never would have done it, but he was not strong enough to resist the power family on the island.

Give me a break.

You won't get a break from many on here because you continually have to have your incorrect facts and mis-interpretations corrected. And you jump through hoops to interpret behaviour by the B2 to be signs of guilt, but completely ignore far more suspicious and sinister related behaviour by mafia characters on Koh Tao coffee1.gif .

"One of the translators, Ko Ye, admitted to the Samui Central Court yesterday that he could not read or write Thai and barely understood the Rakhine dialect."

"Under questioning from the defense, he said that he signed a statement confirming what happened in the interrogation even though he didn’t know what it said in Thai"

"And he wasn’t asked to sign it until a month afterward."

Source: http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/16101-thai-police-used-roti-vendors-as-translators.html

The torture allegations are irrelevant!! Simple as that.

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

Aldous Huxley, Complete Essays 2, 1926-29

Even if you include the word IF then I believe that he still thinks that they are guilty. He is scathing about the defence team's efforts and seems convinced that they didn't challenge the DNA evidence because they couldn't!! In other words, I stick to my guns in believing that Jonathon Head has changed his mind regards the B2's guilt (Andy Hall is devastated that Head has abandoned their efforts to prove their innocence) as he can now see that he was wrong in his initial judgement!!

Please do not challenge or argue against my long held beliefs as I AM STICKING TO THEM!!

Lucky11, do you agree that the full quote from Jonathon Head is "For Koh Tao key is to read verdict. Judges admitted lots of flaws in investigation. But stated DNA match overrides all those concerns. If the DNA match is sound, so is the verdict. It's that simple. That's why it was so bizarre that defence lawyers did not challenge DNA methods" ?

Yes, they are. Given that they are against the death penalty.

It seems you are having trouble distinguishing between "they are innocent and we will fight to set them free " and "we are opposed to the death penalty and would like a review of the ruling. Perhaps you missed the the slight difference there. ..

Conveniently.

Not sure what part your reading but here it is again:

Human Rights Watch called for the ruling to be reviewed, in a statement following the verdict.

In a trial where torture allegations by the two accused were left uninvestigated and DNA evidence was called into question by Thailand's most prominent forensic pathologist, both the ruling and these death sentences are profoundly disturbing, said Phil Robertson, the deputy director of Human Rights Watch's Asia division.

Ok so lets put it another way for you, here's the sentence in question.

"In a trial where torture allegations by the two accused where left uninvestigated and DNA evidence was called into question by Thailands most prominent forensic pathologist, both the ruling and the death sentences are profoundly disturbing"

You can only see the reference to the torture allegations, most other people will also pick up on the reference to DNA and ruling ie the guilty verdict aside from the death sentence.

Now try any song from Stevie Wonder it may assist you