Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

Removed some personal attacks and suspended the authors.

Stop taking this so seriously. Nothing anyone does here is going to change anything. This is a place to discuss what happened, not to go on pointless personal crusades.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I continue to remain impartial to this case, therefore I will entertain some of the ideas of posters here. Let's start with accusations of payoffs and corupt officials. This is what you want sane people to believe.

All the police on or near the island were paid off.

The chief of police was paid off.

All staff of the time at nokair were paid off.

All judge's were paid off.

The prosecutors were paid off.

All staff at ac bar and various other people on the island were paid off.

The national police chief was paid off.

The university of nomsod and his teachers were paid off.

The dna staff and hospitals were paid off.

The British coroner is concealing information that would prove nomsod guilty.

The British police are concealing information that would prove b2 innocent.

A British judge is concealing information.

The British Embassy is consealing information.

The British government is part of the conspiracy to protect nomsod. Because they don't want to upset relations.

The families of both victims have been brainwashed by all of above.

Read through the posts. This in a nutshell is what you want us to believe.

It's laughable. No wonder the Thai authorities will not listen.

You're the only one who has ventured that ALL those people are either paid off (your words) or otherwise involved with the cover-up. I can speak for myself and say it's more than fishy that the chief inspector (self imposed, after dumping the prior inspector) went and plopped down $10 million on stocks - weeks after Nomsod and Mon were completely and permanently excused from the investigation. It's purported his wife plopped down an additional Bt.90 million at the same time, same stocks. Whether it was lucre from a pay-off, none of us can say for sure. It might have been purely coincidental, just like it's a coincidence if I happen to be an official with the Lottery Commission, and win the lottery 15 times in a row.

It's laughable. No wonder the Thai authorities will not listen.

Thai authorities would like nothing more than for all of us seeking truth and justice, shut completely up, and go visit wats and spend lots of money at malls. If it's their own skins that are about to be tanned, then it's understandable that they don't want any investigation of a money trail.

Alpha wolf investigating wolves who raided the hen house:

Question from rabbits to the alpha wolf: "Did your wolf buddies raid the hen house?"

Answer: "You ask me that question again, and I'll bite your head off."

^And the police certainly wouldn't be any help because they didn't want to abuse the Tuvichiens' human rights by insisting on DNA samples and they couldn't demand CCTV footage from AC bar because it didn't belong to them.....and I could co on and on and on in the same sarcastic tone as you. But an awful lot of Western World investigative journalists and renowned experts in various fields are expressing deep dissatisfaction and unease with how the case has panned out, and in far more serious and thorough investigations than any done on this forum (or by the Thai police for that matter). And you're doing your best to not take any notice of even them. So there's not much we can discuss other than that last point (and correcting all your factual errors, of course).

Follow the money.

Who benefitted?

Panya is transferred.

Right in the middle of the biggest high profile murder case Thailand has ever seen.

Along with a bunch of scumbags moved away from the trough.

Who personally took over the case?

“The transfer orders had yet to be promulgated”

Promulgated.

You know what that means? Not yet officially signed off on.

That’s right. Not previously scheduled for transfer.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-police-chief-says-regrets-names-replacement/36049#ad-image-0

“The transfer orders had yet to be promulgated”

Well well, how convenient that you only used half the quote, the full quote is:

"Gen Krajang explained to the Gazette today that the transfer orders had yet to be promulgated, though they were expected to be upheld as the postings had been submitted by the Royal Thai Police for royal approval."

By the way, promulgate does not mean "Not yet officially signed off on", it means not yet publicly announced, just because something is not yet announced doesn't mean it hasn't been decided upon.

Intereresting spin but bs

Christopher Hitchens had a way to cut the BS "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence"

You are the ones asserting that Panya's promotion was all but a rouse to remove him from the investigation and change its course, no evidence to support that notion ever provided.

Dismissed.

And no, making up stories about how much someone got paid to get it done is not evidence of anything but the desperate need to create a fantasy on which beliefs that are not grounded on reality can be maintained.

good old Christopher "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence"

keep an eye on this one folks it may be about to backfire spectacularly !!!!!

Amy news on the appeal process?

Am I right in thinking their is a 30 day limit?

No, they can extend this several times.

They must extend every 30 days, until finally the judge will not allow. They possibly will extend 3 or 4 times.

Ok Thank you.

Does the defence have to find new evidence to show the judge?

Or can an appeal he launched on the original evidence given in court?

The appeal can present new evidence. ,but it must be to do with the original court hearing. So if there was a new picture that showed someone else doing the crime or sound evidence that the b2 could not possibly have been there. That would be acceptable. But if they wanted to present evidence about the mafia at Koh Tao, if it was not mentioned in the court of first instance, then no. They can only challenge what is in the first court.

Amy news on the appeal process?

Am I right in thinking their is a 30 day limit?

No, they can extend this several times.

They must extend every 30 days, until finally the judge will not allow. They possibly will extend 3 or 4 times.

Ok Thank you.

Does the defence have to find new evidence to show the judge?

Or can an appeal he launched on the original evidence given in court?

The appeal can present new evidence. ,but it must be to do with the original court hearing. So if there was a new picture that showed someone else doing the crime or sound evidence that the b2 could not possibly have been there. That would be acceptable. But if they wanted to present evidence about the mafia at Koh Tao, if it was not mentioned in the court of first instance, then no. They can only challenge what is in the first court.

So does that mean if evidence was presented that showed Mr X and Mr Y committed the crime the Burmese could be released, but Mr X and Y would not be committed?

Speak for yourself Khun Han.

Now, if mon was to be arrested and sent before the judge . this is the evidence that tv posters would present.

Hannah and David were last seen at his bar.

There was a small fight in the bar, but nobody that was there can recall such a fight.

The video of the fight is lost, stolen or destroyed to protect mon. We don't know where he was between the hours of 1am and 6am.

All dna that he was at the crime has been detroyed, tampered with or anyway currently non existent. A cloth from his family spa was found on the victim. He was at the crime scene when the bodies were discovered and walked into the area so he would have an excuse at to why his dna is there.

Sean McAnna said it was him .

He said, it was Sean McAnna.

He is being protected by the powerful mafia on the island so sorry judge we have no evidence at all, but we know ?? it was him.

I'm certainly not saying he was not involved, but what is being presented would not make it into a western court either.

I just want to point out that they were last seen leaving the bar:

CCTV footage indicates that Miller and Witheridge left AC Bar, where they were drinking prior to their deaths, by the back door, which led directly to Sai Ree Beach. The path between AC Bars back door and the crime scene also goes past the log where the two defendants were allegedly drinking beer and playing guitar.

The whole article goes into detail about what was used to reach the verdict.

Do you have a link to this article

Now, if mon was to be arrested and sent before the judge . this is the evidence that tv posters would present.

There was a small fight in the bar, but nobody that was there can recall such a fight.

The video of the fight is lost, stolen or destroyed to protect mon. We don't know where he was between the hours of 1am and 6am.

All dna that he was at the crime has been detroyed, tampered with or anyway currently non existent. A cloth from his family spa was found on the victim. He was at the crime scene when the bodies were discovered and walked into the area so he would have an excuse at to why his dna is there.

He is being protected by the powerful mafia on the island so sorry judge we have no evidence at all, but we know ?? it was him.

I'm certainly not saying he was not involved, but what is being presented would not make it into a western court either.

CCTV footage indicates that Miller and Witheridge left AC Bar, where they were drinking prior to their deaths, by the back door, which led directly to Sai Ree Beach. The path between AC Bars back door and the crime scene also goes past the log where the two defendants were allegedly drinking beer and playing guitar.

GC - click on the blue print and it will come up.

I don't recall reading that before - that CCTV evidence indicated they left by the back door. I thought prosecution had merely presumed that because there was no CCTv of them leaving by the front door? So does this CCTV that 'indicates' they left 'together' by the back door prove for sure that they did?

I don't recall reading that before - that CCTV evidence indicated they left by the back door. I thought prosecution had merely presumed that because there was no CCTv of them leaving by the front door? So does this CCTV that 'indicates' they left 'together' by the back door prove for sure that they did?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" ...........

<snip>

Thai authorities would like nothing more than for all of us seeking truth and justice, shut completely up, and go visit wats and spend lots of money at malls. If it's their own skins that are about to be tanned, then it's understandable that they don't want any investigation of a money trail.

<snip2>

Every time I read your seeking Truth&Justice comment I think of the introduction to the 1950's TV series Superman:

Narrator: Yes, it’s Superman, strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Superman, who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands. And who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never ending battle for truth, justice and the American way.

Why didn't Scotland Yard say anything? Then why did they have to come? So you guys also don't trust them?

Scotland Yard went to observe the investigation.

They did not investigate anything.

They only observed.

Under UK law they are not allowed to comment on this case as it involves a death penalty.

The UK police have no jurisdiction in Thailand, and what ever folk think or believe they would never be part of another sovereign state's investigation where there is the possibility of a death sentence

Correct about what Scotland Yard did/didn't do as regards investigating.

Pretty much the same as Thai police did I'd say.

So does that mean if evidence was presented that showed Mr X and Mr Y committed the crime the Burmese could be released, but Mr X and Y would not be committed?

Not accurate to state new evidence is permitted. This is the actuality.

There won’t be any new evidence or witness in the Appeal Court; Nakhon (defence lawyer) explained; the appeal trial would be mostly an “interpretation” of existing evidence.

that article adds nothing to what we have already heard from the prosecution

Produce the original DNA samples for retest and I might start to believe, until that is done then it doesn't and never did exist

I have a question. I received an email warning me to avoid a facebook page named blind justice koh tao...that it was infected with viruses...then a member posted that page here in this thread today. I informed people on the thread regarding this. The site is still posted in this thread. post #3505. I also understood that members were not permitted to post any facebook sites at all on TV. Are we allowed to post them or not? Thank you for any clarification.

I have a question. I received an email warning me to avoid a facebook page named blind justice koh tao...that it was infected with viruses...then a member posted that page here in this thread today. I informed people on the thread regarding this. The site is still posted in this thread. post #3505. I also understood that members were not permitted to post any facebook sites at all on TV. Are we allowed to post them or not? Thank you for any clarification.

I could also make a claim that the anonymous facebook page- which has been posted here several times- is infected with viruses. Can you substantiate that rumour?

From what I have observed any facebook page I have seen posted at this site has been removed. Personally I have never posted a link to a facebook page. However, I have quoted someone and the quote was removed due to it coming from facebook. I will not be posting my private emai message...sorry.

If the B2 are indeed guilty, how come:

1) They don't try to blame each other, in order to save their own sorry backside?

2) Why attack a girl, who is with a much stronger and bigger partner? (Plenty of single girls around, drunk or drugged out of their minds=Easier victim)

3) Why were they tried as a pair? Only one of them could have executed the blow that killed the victims!

4) Why the meaningless violence used on Hannah? Makes it personal, like a big face Thai kid being publicly rejected, not like a horny and drunk migrant worker!!

This case stinks, I don't care what "evidence" the police and prosecutor presented to the court. The officials(even the defense-team) in this case were presented with an wanted outcome of the trial by the powers. And they adjusted the "evidence" accordingly!!

1) they admitted to the crime and later retracted the confession but still admitted they were on the beach together that night, so how could they try to blame each other without being part of the crime

2)Go find the biggest and strongest man on this planet and wrap a hoe around his head while his back is turned and there is a good chance you will knock him out.

3)doesn't matter who inflicted the final blow they committed the crime together, in some states in the US if you are in a group committing a crime and one of the members shoot someone you are all charged with murder.

4)No this is not a crime scene from a loss of face its a necrophiliac better known as serial killers (google Bulger killers ) this is also ties in with Hannahs body being left in a pose the nearest serial killer that has a lot of the same hallmarks is Ted Bundy.

last point pretty much sums up most of the posters on here who had made there mind up before the trial even started.

" I don't care what "evidence" the police and prosecutor presented to the court."

Sorry to digress.............

3).............in some states in the US if you are in a group committing a crime and one of the members shoot someone you are all charged with murder........

..........and Minors and teenagers too........a time when we all make stupid mistakes and can so easily be led by our peers just to 'fit in'.....are imprisoned for life....And life means life...........SHAME on the USA! The USA has lost it's way!

since there are many accusations about the integrety of the DNA testing and results and the judge has asserted that the conviction was based on the DNA tests and a couple of posters on here also claim that the defence team refused to retest and that all original samples are still available, there seems to be a very obvious and simple solution.

If the defence team refused why didn't the prosecution/police have the DNA retested independently "from the original samples" (that some here claim they still have) at the Central Institute of Forensic Science a department of the ministry of justice in Bangkok, wouldn't that have removed once and for all the speculation surrounding the DNA, if the defence as claimed refused to do this then surely this would have been a slam dunk for the prosecution

Pretty simple really unless they had something to hide

so none of the hangem high brigade got any comment about my post ? lol

also since you constantly post about how the defence refused to retest the DNA I thought this Idea would be one you would approve

unless of course the DNA evidence was fabricated and nothing of the claimed original samples exist to have indepently retested

the silence is deafening

I rest my case

The Myanmar government have officially now requested a fundamental review and investigation of this case through diplomatic channels with foreign media as observers, that would ultimately involve a complete independent retesting of all evidence

If the Thai government agree to this (I don't see how they can refuse) then we may just see some truths emerge

Exactly. If there was ever ANY credible evidence...I mean real evidence to prove the B2s guilt, not just "We say there is and they did it", then surely the BIB would have done everything possible to bring it to court, would have ensured a valid chain of custody for that evidence and produced a watertight case that left no doubt as to the B2 guilt; they would have produced the semen samples for the defence to check dna because it would prove their own case and cleared up any doubts; they would have produced a murder weapon linking the B2 to the killing which they could not do. A supposed murder weapon was produced with dna on it but am i right in thinking we still don't know whose dna it is but that it definitely isn't B2s? Didn't help to prove their case so it was ignored. If the evidence was so convincing then surely the BIB would also encourage accurate press reporting and insist on correct translations from competent translators so the truth could be known worldwide too. Instead the opposite was done. No cover-up?

There is such an overwhelming lack of viable proof and evidence I remain mystified as to why the defence team didn't go for the jugular more strongly. Was it just self-preservation? The BIB even had the temerity to show surprise at one point that the defence were defending too aggressively. Remember that? But this aggression seemed to me to tail off shortly afterwards.The Australian international dna expert who could have been a vital defence witness was ignored completely and Thailand's own expert's testimony was apparently ignored as irrelevant by the court too.

So no proof, no evidence,no witnesses, no murder weapon.Even the crime scene photos were kept hidden from the court. We've all seen them online, maybe they weren't very helpful in proving the scapegoats' guilt and showed up incompetent crime scene procedures more. "The budget wouldn't stretch" ...what a sick joke! Anybody really believe that crap? Christ! All they needed was a handydrive and an overhead projector. How expensive can it be!

Just one other thought. Why does anyone bother replying to the Hang 'em High brigade? Surely if you met scum like this in a pub you wouldn't give 'em the time of day.

These animals are defenders of murderers and rapists.

They don't care about the truth,for the majority they don't even believe themselves what they type. They know as well as we do that the B2 didn't commit these crimes but revel in their death sentences like vultures around carrion.

Turn your backs on 'em. They're not worth the effort it takes to type on the keyboard.

If the B2 are indeed guilty, how come:

1) They don't try to blame each other, in order to save their own sorry backside?

2) Why attack a girl, who is with a much stronger and bigger partner? (Plenty of single girls around, drunk or drugged out of their minds=Easier victim)

3) Why were they tried as a pair? Only one of them could have executed the blow that killed the victims!

4) Why the meaningless violence used on Hannah? Makes it personal, like a big face Thai kid being publicly rejected, not like a horny and drunk migrant worker!!

This case stinks, I don't care what "evidence" the police and prosecutor presented to the court. The officials(even the defense-team) in this case were presented with an wanted outcome of the trial by the powers. And they adjusted the "evidence" accordingly!!

1) they admitted to the crime and later retracted the confession but still admitted they were on the beach together that night, so how could they try to blame each other without being part of the crime

2)Go find the biggest and strongest man on this planet and wrap a hoe around his head while his back is turned and there is a good chance you will knock him out.

3)doesn't matter who inflicted the final blow they committed the crime together, in some states in the US if you are in a group committing a crime and one of the members shoot someone you are all charged with murder.

4)No this is not a crime scene from a loss of face its a necrophiliac better known as serial killers (google Bulger killers ) this is also ties in with Hannahs body being left in a pose the nearest serial killer that has a lot of the same hallmarks is Ted Bundy.

last point pretty much sums up most of the posters on here who had made there mind up before the trial even started.

" I don't care what "evidence" the police and prosecutor presented to the court."

Sorry to digress.............

3).............in some states in the US if you are in a group committing a crime and one of the members shoot someone you are all charged with murder........

..........and Minors and teenagers too........a time when we all make stupid mistakes and can so easily be led by our peers just to 'fit in'.....are imprisoned for life....And life means life...........SHAME on the USA! The USA has lost it's way!

Also in the UK "Joint Enterprise" - I have mixed feelings..

Some young men have been locked up when they are clearly not "involved" or responsible, but at the same time the law needs to come down hard on gang activities.. group attacks on an individual should mean all those involved are made to pay, and not just the one that made the fatal blow.

Does Thailand have similar laws?

or they implemented in the B2 case?

If there are no laws in Thailand like "Joint Enterprise" then once again this makes the prosecution's case look weak..no explanation of who did what.

Have you lot not accepted the result yet. How many years will you be at it? It's over, get on with your lives.

When you get fitted out for a crime that you did not commit, you will save us all a lot of time and trouble by pleading guilty, being the sensible chap that you are!

Just one other thought. Why does anyone bother replying to the Hang 'em High brigade? Surely if you met scum like this in a pub you wouldn't give 'em the time of day.

They don't care about the truth,for the majority they don't even believe themselves what they type. They know as well as we do that the B2 didn't commit these crimes but revel in their death sentences like vultures around carrion.

Turn your backs on 'em. They're not worth the effort it takes to type on the keyboard.

Weeeeeeeeeeell, my thoughts...Folk have interests in KT that pay for nooooo probs there, if you get my drift..........Internet has nutters that just lurk and talk crap to wind folk up.....That's the way it is.....We just have to go along with their crap or say nothing, but if WE say nothing they dribble more and have a 'high'...I am no saint, I am not a Uni guy, but I can smell these folk a mile off.......I will say no more because...whistling.gif

I know what you 're saying. But i don't reply to any of them. I'm all for open discussion from well-informed well-meaning parties but some of these guys are akin to the smelly stuff you scrape off the bottom of your shoe, not capable of human or humane thoughts and feelings or informed debate. Scum like i said. I wouldn't help them get their rocks off. In fact I've got a sizeable group of them in my Blocked list. Helps me keep the bile down.

its a facebook page so no worries with virus

Hey Disco D, in post 1389 you state Nomsod is walking freely around in Thailand.

Post 1414 you say Nomsod is in hiding. I am confused.

By the way how is his left arm coming along these days?

There is absolutely no reason for Nomsod to be in hiding. He is probably on Dark Tao, as we speak. He and his entire family are completely and absolutely above the law. And and all laws. They own the local police. They are above the control of the local government (his father is the local government), Surat Thani province could not possibly be more indifferent to Dark Tao, Phangan, and Samui, the central government does not care, and even if they do, they came into office with a charter to not upset the elite, the powerful, the wealthy, and the entitled class. Whatever you do, do not rock the boat, is the motto of these guys. So, why would the little cockroach need to be in hiding? He is plying his trade, of mayhem and chaos.

'Although it accepts that the case ... was not without flaws [which] include lack of chain of custody in evidence, arrest and interrogation of the two suspects without charge or legal representation and a lack of any witness who saw the two defendants committing the crimes.' Amazing Thailand, amazing justice.

To say 'this case is not without flaws' is pretty much the same as saying 'a glass vase which has shattered into a thousand pieces is not without cracks'

So, RTP- fanboys: you suggest, that there is evidence, that we haven't seen or heard about?!

Evidence, only some inner circle members (and the Miller- family) know about?!

Why exactly, would that be so?

Even the judge, who handed down the judgement said, that the case is flawed, but the DNA- evidence was the most compelling part (which means, in my reading: even that was flawed!).

So we have seen all the failures and fumbles, all the mistakes, all the "I don't know" and "it is used up".

We have seen the case been sent back a total of 3 times and we all have heard all the questions and all the doubts!

All that has been made public...but the ONE "evidence", that links the B2 to the crime without any doubt and so clear, that a death -sentence has been spoken...THAT part of evidence, is the only thing, that has been kept a secret?!

On what planet does that make ANY sense?

If the semen found inside Hannah's body was that of the B2 then that trumps EVERYTHING else. Nothing else matters, unless you think that they raped Hannah and then somebody else murdered them, which wouldn't actually make that much sense!!

Despite the argument put forth by some defenders of the Burmese that the presence of their semen on the victim's body does not prove murder, I tend to believe that it would go a long way towards convincing most reasonable folks of their guilt. The problem is that, as many have already pointed out, there has been no CREDIBLE presentation by the prosecutors of ANY evidence,

other than what amounts to a weaker version of "the dog ate my homework" by the RTP.

It was hardly what any self respecting court anywhere in the world could call "rock-solid DNA evidence."

"the dog ate my homework". Brilliant! Wish I'd thought of that. Sums it up perfectly.

Maybe they fed dna to their police dogs too. Certainly wasn't preserved as vital evidence should be. Still I guess they couldn't preserve what they never had in the first place.

On this lie two more lives are now in peril.

facebook pages are not viruses, there is a remote possibility that someone may link to an outside page or source that could contain a virus but your anti virus software will generally let you know about unsafe content before you open it or play it, facebook also screens files and limits the type of content that can be linked or uploaded, so I would say it is extremely doubtfull if not impossible to spread a virus through facebook

Removed some personal attacks and suspended the authors.

Stop taking this so seriously. Nothing anyone does here is going to change anything. This is a place to discuss what happened, not to go on pointless personal crusades.

About time someone in authority pointed out a few basic facts to some of the poster's.

Weeeeeeeeeeell, my thoughts...Folk have interests in KT that pay for nooooo probs there, if you get my drift..........Internet has nutters that just lurk and talk crap to wind folk up.....That's the way it is.....We just have to go along with their crap or say nothing, but if WE say nothing they dribble more and have a 'high'...I am no saint, I am not a Uni guy, but I can smell these folk a mile off.......I will say no more because...whistling.gif

I know what you 're saying. But i don't reply to any of them. I'm all for open discussion from well-informed well-meaning parties but some of these guys are akin to the smelly stuff you scrape off the bottom of your shoe, not capable of human or humane thoughts and feelings or informed debate. Scum like i said. I wouldn't help them get their rocks off. In fact I've got a sizeable group of them in my Blocked list. Helps me keep the bile down.

There's none so blind that will not see, they've had their say for long enough, nothing's going to change, it's just a wind up.

Archived