297 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your ONE top choice for Thaivisa POSTER OF THE YEAR 2015

• Crazy Chef 1
    • NancyL
    • SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

Has your decision to embrace the Null Vote concept got anything to do with your position in the league tables and would you be advocating the same thing if you were winning!

You have things the wrong way round. I was in the lead in the early stages, and I believe in third place with a decent share of the vote when I switched my support to Null vote. Since then I have been actively campaigning against myself, with considerable success!

My decision had nothing to do with my position in the vote, and everything to do with the farcical nature of the contest. Null vote is the only sane choice.

Vote NULL VOTE!

Spin!

Swivel.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has your decision to embrace the Null Vote concept got anything to do with your position in the league tables and would you be advocating the same thing if you were winning!

You have things the wrong way round. I was in the lead in the early stages, and I believe in third place with a decent share of the vote when I switched my support to Null vote. Since then I have been actively campaigning against myself, with considerable success!

My decision had nothing to do with my position in the vote, and everything to do with the farcical nature of the contest. Null vote is the only sane choice.

Vote NULL VOTE!

Spin!

Swivel.

Why don't you just quietly withdraw from the contest if you feel that way rather than create a fuss and spoil other peoples enjoyment?

Null votes are being recorded. Delete my vote is not the same as null vote. If you delete your vote there is no vote at all not even a null vote. To record a null vote you have to actively choose null vote instead of one of the five grand finalists. This year there is no explicit none of the above choice. Don't think.that was done in the past POTYs either.

I have already posted about -- If null vote gets the most votes.

ok thanks just a suggestion... but how does anyone vote 'null' if there is no option? I must be missing something

edit: ah! 'delete my vote' is a null vote right? just seen it... it's not very clear I humbly suggest you might like to tidy it up next time? 'none of the above' looks a good choice but 'up to you' cheers

When you go to vote, you get given the option of a Null Vote, or to vote for a candidate.

I think it would be better if people took turns being Poster of The Year on a rotational basis throughout the calendar.

JT could be trusted to identify who would be this week's Poster Of The Year,based on a (secretly) weighted basket of attributes, including votes cast, Likes, alphabetical order, seniority of membership and cockney rhyming slang

SC

Vote NULL VOTE!
Spin!

Swivel.

Why don't you just quietly withdraw from the contest if you feel that way rather than create a fuss and spoil other peoples enjoyment?

I think a withdrawal at this stage would cause even more fuss.

How am I spoiling anyone's enjoyment?

Vote NULL VOTE!

Spin!

Swivel.

TILT!

Vote NULL VOTE!

Spin!

Swivel.

I think a withdrawal at this stage would cause even more fuss.

How am I spoiling anyone's enjoyment?

I don't want to get into a public phishing contest with you SB but I think you can work it out for yourself. You entered into a competition and when the rules changed half way through you try and ensure that non of the candidates win and ensure that null vote is the real winner. Maybe that's so you can justify your final position and say, oh it was a farce, it wasn't really a competition so winning or not winning is irrelevant. Frankly that's crass, other people are watching and or participating and the expectation is there will be a winner and you want to take that away from them. You're campaigning for nobody to win, not because the candidates are not good posters, not good people but because you don't like where you are in the tables and you don't like the content they have posted in this thread and that's not a call you can make on everyone else's behalf.

When the rules changed?

What rule change?

I never entered the competition. I was nominated by someone else. I think our ringmaster will confirm, I've been somewhat critical of the event from the start.

Don't you think you might be taking all this just a little too seriously?

As usual, I am late to the party, I know. Sigh...always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Still, putting it out there:

I think * I * should be Poster of the Year.

I've recently changed my name to "Null Votes", if that helps.

Oh, look! I'm already second runner up.

BTW, here's a pic of me and my car, having an intimate moment just before going off to save the world.

T

post-22628-0-89048000-1451277985_thumb.j

When the rules changed?

What rule change?

I never entered the competition. I was nominated by someone else. I think our ringmaster will confirm, I've been somewhat critical of the event from the start.

Don't you think you might be taking all this just a little too seriously?

"I never entered the competition. I was nominated by someone else"

Naam was able to withdraw successfully!

"Don't you think you might be taking all this just a little too seriously?"

Nope.

Behind the scenes info published soon.

Who voted for who

Who has voted "null"

The highest "switched" vote

All "null" votes to be randomly distributed to actual contestants.

Talking Heads to the Spin Room, STAT!! Can you include how many votes come from the same IP address?

Edited by lannarebirth

Well this has been an interesting read all 28 pages of it. A mixture of humour and wit and a fair amount of bitchiness. Its difficult to judge a person based on words typed anonymously, although I understand that's the idea to find the best Poster. As for the nominee's, Nancyl, Her posts are usually very well written and knowledgeable, the Chef don't know much about him, Soibiker? certainly can write, and is witty, Transam, read all his posts as he doesn't take himself seriously, a typical brit. sense of humour, and he knows his motors. V.F. usually read his posts, likes to remind us of his long stay and his' Thainess" and his claim that he is the Charlie Rose type, really, is that the same Charlie who gets beat up by Vlad Putin everytime he interviews Him. Cant remember the other guy. So with an earlier poster, who put it so well when he said, " Transam" is the Fred Dibner kind of bloke"( sorry to non-brits. I 'm gonna vote for T/man, His posts are always witty and friendly consistently.