Unusual weather causes heavy snowfalls and blossoming flowers

Jonathan Fairfield

Unusual weather causes heavy snowfalls and blossoming flowers

606x341_319746.jpg

Some unusual weather from around the world.

USA

More than 63 centimeters of snow fell in just two days in some areas of Washington state.

The first big storm of the winter blanketed the Lake Tahoe area of Nevada with snow that had caused travel chaos for Christmas travellers.

One roadway was closed for nearly 24 hours.

Russia

Meanwhile in Moscow, snow completely disappeared from the city’s streets as warm air moved into the European part of Russia.

An abnormally warm winter has brought flowers into blossom.

Several types of plants that usually wake up in the spring have started to vegetate prematurely.

China

While hazardous smoked choked Beijing on Friday with pollution levels exceeding the index. Neighbouring cities were also hit by heavy air pollution.

Weather forecasts say the pollution should ease from Saturday afternoon when a cold front in Beijing was hoped would disperse the smog.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-26

"Several types of plants that usually wake up in the spring have started to vegetate prematurely."

This is very bad and is just one consequence of climate change. A cold snap moves in (since it is winter) and these plants die because they are not suited to it. Come spring and the plants have already done their cycle, so no crop this year of whatever plants they were.

whistling.gif And talking to my brother in the East coast of the U.S. he tells me the temperatures this December at Christmas were in the 70's Fahrenheit, with no snow anywhere.

Normally Western Massachusetts has at least enough snow for Christmas and New Year ski parties.

Not this year.

However, expect it to change in January. with a blast of cold air coming down from Canada as it usually does in January.

Much of the effects due to a strong EL NINO this year and a huge blob of warm water and air n the Pacific the scientists say.

The normal Jet stream across the northern U.S. is being shifted from it's normal path this year.

In the SE USA, specifically Coastal plains North Carolina, It was 80*F ..... Tomorrow will be around the same..... Not normal, but definitely not un-heard-of for this area... We can, and often, do a 40*F difference in temp. within 12-24 hours.... One day may be 80*, then it could snow within the next 24-36 hours...

These things may be happening, but I still don't think that a one world government or a carbon credit scheme will change or improve anything.

I agree. We've already gone past the tipping point.

Climate deals want to go back to the same emissions as some year in the past. This will never work as those emissions in the past are responsible for what we are seeing now.

These things may be happening, but I still don't think that a one world government or a carbon credit scheme will change or improve anything.

I agree. We've already gone past the tipping point.

Climate deals want to go back to the same emissions as some year in the past. This will never work as those emissions in the past are responsible for what we are seeing now.

I'm not sold on man's influence on what very well could be inevitable climate change, but I appreciated and agree with the point you make about rolling back standards to a time of even less awareness and regulation.

As a kid, I remember hearing about rivers in the US being so polluted, they caught on fire. The Susquehanna River where my Dad still lives in Pennsylvania, was very polluted when I was a kid there; it was virtually off-limits, the fish were inedible or dead. I was back a few years ago, kayaked down the river, people were fishing. Thankfully, given the chance, nature seems to shed the fall out from human irresponsibility.