Stair Climbing public places suggestions

krey

any good places around Chiang Mai where someone can do some exercise stairs climbing like a stadium for example

that is not too busy with people and is open in day and perhaps night too. preferably around the Chang Phuaek area but somewhat flexible, and doesnt have to be stairs, just a good up challenge such as a small mountain or something might work too

Edited by krey

Wat Doi Khum.. Someone I know can sprint it twice in a row.. Another very fit buddy, kind who actually enjoys all that warrior trial stuff, tried to copy that.. Said he nearly had a seizure on only the first ascent.. Came down on rubbery legs to stagger off..

Doi Suthep Monastery steps seemed less busy the last time I was there. The Thais are getting fatter and lazier and more like farangs every day - prefer to take the elevator to the top. I find it more dangerous coming down as the steps are very narrow. Further afield the steps up to the temple at Chiang Dao are pretty heavy going as none of them are evenly spaced or the same height. Nearly killed me - the Chiang Dao nest lady owner takes food up to the temple twice a day at a steady jog! Left me in the dust.

thanks for the suggestions will check some of them out Wat Doi Khum according to my google maps is an hour to an hour and a half outside the city, am I looking at the right one? That is a bit of a driving trek for some exercise:) but like to check out this temple anyway.. thanks!

thanks for the suggestions will check some of them out Wat Doi Khum according to my google maps is an hour to an hour and a half outside the city, am I looking at the right one? That is a bit of a driving trek for some exercise:) but like to check out this temple anyway.. thanks!

https://goo.gl/maps/JSUnt2czVMB2

20 mins on a scooter..

The suggestions of places like CM Ram Hospital and Le Meridien are good in that there are elevators that can take you down. Downward stair climbing puts more strain on the knees that upwards. Plus, these are places where you're more likely to find other English speaking people if you get into trouble. Suan Dok/Sripat Hospital has a few taller towers, too, but the parking isn't as good.

Try any footbridge over the road. Locals don't like them so they should be pretty much deserted most of the time.

Just avoid the kids in the morning and afternoon.........

............and the High Voltage cables ALL the time. (ask the kids for advice)

post-150623-0-25377600-1451214898_thumb.