LAND APPRAISALS TO RISE BY 27.72% ON AVERAGE NATIONWIDE

LAND APPRAISALS TO RISE BY 27.72% ON AVERAGE NATIONWIDE

BANGKOK: Land appraisals will jump by 27.72 per cent on average nationwide in the new year, with the highest at Bt1 million per square wah (Bt250,000 per square metre) in Bangkok’s Silom Road. The lowest is Bt10 per square wah in Chiang Mai.

The new land appraisals take effect on January 1.

Chakkrit Parapuntakul, director-general of the Treasury Department, said Bangkok had seen a 15.78-per-cent rise in average appraisal values, while those in its surrounding areas rose by 18.97 per cent.

The appraised values of land and buildings have been set for the 2016-2019 period.

MANUFACTURING 'TO GROW' NEXT YEAR

The manufacturing sector is expected to perform better next year, thanks to a number of factors including a weakened baht, low oil prices, and government measures, said Industry Minister Atchaka Sibunruang.

The ministry forecasts output for the manufacturing sector to expand by 2 per cent in 2016, up from 0.5-per-cent growth this year. Five industries were cited as the "stars", namely electrical appliances, electronics, foods, ceramics, and sugar cane and sugar.

Thai automobile production is expected to grow by 10.26 per cent next year to total 2.15 million units, of which 1.25 million will be for export and the rest for the domestic market.

The cane and sugar industry is expected to grow thanks to restructuring that has led to more cane acreage and output. Atchaka said the industry's revenues were expected to balloon to Bt450 billion next year, up from Bt200 billion annually in previous years.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/LAND-APPRAISALS-TO-RISE-BY-27-72-ON-AVERAGE-NATION-30275707.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-26

"Thai automobile production is expected to grow by 10.26 per cent next year to total 2.15 million units, of which 1.25 million will be for export and the rest for the domestic market."

This is a pipe dream for Thailand They just brought in a new car tax on cars over 1.5 litres And the 1000,000 baht goverment grand has failed . Many cars are now coming to market because of defaults on this scheme.

This is not conducive to a vibrant market. Example I for one was going to buy a car in the coming year Now that they have a new tax on the cars I will wait until 2018 when a lot of the car makings are introducing new models

I will keep my 7 year old VIOS No problems and its in good condition This new scheme the government is implementing is going to have a big negative on the car market

MARK MY WORDS