passport not returned by visa company,overstayed.

If you did get your answer yet... The passport you report as lost or stolen - your embassy would reissue a regular passport - or if you have a travel document showing you have a flight departing within days - you get the short term passport to get you back to your home country..

I've never heard of an embassy or consulate issuing a replacement passport without a police report, but as Singerman wrote, ask your consulate if they will do it.

Report it as lost, not stolen. This way you avoid the hassle of a police report. I lost one. I'm a Police State citizen and they gave me another 10 year valid pp, but warned me if I lose another, the next will be a 5yr and so on, as they suspect you may be selling them.

From what I have read above it would seem that the following list are the facts

1. You sent your Passport to a Visa Company / Accounting Firm for a new Visa - it has not been returned to you with or without a VISA

2. Your "lost" Passport has now expired - how long has the agency had your passport? Generally a new Visa will not be issued into a passport if the passport has less than 6 months to expiry. Has the "Agency" had your passport for over 6 months?

3. You are registered with your Embassy as being a resident in Thailand

4. If your passport has expired and you do not have it to pass to your embassy for renewal, then above comment seems sound. "You have lost your Passport and that Passport has now expired"

5. Your decision either - report to your Embassy that your expired passport has been lost and you require a new passport, complete any documentation that the Embassy requires for a lost passport and apply for a new passport. As you are registered with your Embassy as a resident see 2 above you should not require "travel documents / temporary passport" as you would expect your new passport to be be delivered to your registered address in Thailand. OR

Notify the BIB that your passport has been lost or stolen and provide details of the Agency / Accounting firm that you engaged to obtain your VISA and then wear the consequences of having somebody obtain your VISA if that is going to be a problem when you report the Lost or Stolen Pass port to the BIB. Then attach the police report to your application for a new passport from your Embassy.

6. In my humble opinion depending on the period of "overstay" involved it would seem to me that your 1st priority is to get a

- A a new valid passport

- B a new Thai Visa in that passport to allow you to stay or visit in Thailand.

- C approach immigration to obtain your new Visa in your new Passport and pay the overstay with an explanation as to why you are late in applying, using the facts and decisions that you have made see above.

Good luck

I've never heard of an embassy or consulate issuing a replacement passport without a police report, but as Singerman wrote, ask your consulate if they will do it.

Report it as lost, not stolen. This way you avoid the hassle of a police report. I lost one. I'm a Police State citizen and they gave me another 10 year valid pp, but warned me if I lose another, the next will be a 5yr and so on, as they suspect you may be selling them.

From what I have read above it would seem that the following list are the facts

1. You sent your Passport to a Visa Company / Accounting Firm for a new Visa - it has not been returned to you with or without a VISA

2. Your "lost" Passport has now expired - how long has the agency had your passport? Generally a new Visa will not be issued into a passport if the passport has less than 6 months to expiry. Has the "Agency" had your passport for over 6 months?

3. You are registered with your Embassy as being a resident in Thailand

4. If your passport has expired and you do not have it to pass to your embassy for renewal, then above comment seems sound. "You have lost your Passport and that Passport has now expired"

5. Your decision either - report to your Embassy that your expired passport has been lost and you require a new passport, complete any documentation that the Embassy requires for a lost passport and apply for a new passport. As you are registered with your Embassy as a resident see 2 above you should not require "travel documents / temporary passport" as you would expect your new passport to be be delivered to your registered address in Thailand. OR

Notify the BIB that your passport has been lost or stolen and provide details of the Agency / Accounting firm that you engaged to obtain your VISA and then wear the consequences of having somebody obtain your VISA if that is going to be a problem when you report the Lost or Stolen Pass port to the BIB. Then attach the police report to your application for a new passport from your Embassy.

6. In my humble opinion depending on the period of "overstay" involved it would seem to me that your 1st priority is to get a

- A a new valid passport

- B a new Thai Visa in that passport to allow you to stay or visit in Thailand.

- C approach immigration to obtain your new Visa in your new Passport and pay the overstay with an explanation as to why you are late in applying, using the facts and decisions that you have made see above.

Good luck

1. The OP has no choice about obtaining a new passport or ETD.
  2. Visas are not obtainable from Immigration !
  3. Once the OP has documentation which allows travel he will have to pay the overstay fine and leave the country.

What did the Visa company told you about the status of your passport? Maybe you got your extension already and just need to wait until you get the passport back. I see that you asked about 1 month what you will need for a 1 year Non-O marriage extension. I know from my own experience that a visa company held my passport for nearly 6 weeks until I got my 1 year extension but the agent noticed me when I already got the "under consideration" stamp and also when it was approved.

Now is also holiday season. Many things are going much slower in Thailand during new year time....

Edited by SoFarAndNear

His lost or stolen passport has not expired. The passport that he had before the lost one has expired and has been misplaced.

Go back and re-read the OP.

• Like 1

His lost or stolen passport has not expired. The passport that he had before the lost one has expired and has been misplaced.

From the OP:

...my previous passport, (the one the visa company took)...

...my previous passport has disappeared,it has since expired so can't be used in any case...

I find the above text in the OP a bit confusing but I did not get the impression that the company failed to return two passports to him, the very last one and the one before that.

• Like 1

From the OP:

...my previous passport, (the one the visa company took)...

...my previous passport has disappeared,it has since expired so can't be used in any case...

I find the above text in the OP a bit confusing but I did not get the impression that the company failed to return two passports to him, the very last one and the one before that.

I read this line to be a question about not having his old passport to show when he applies for a new one to replace the one that the agent has.

"Also would there be any complications since my previous passport has disappeared,it has since expired so can't be used in any case."

The only reason I would think a visa company would keep a persons passport - is if they got him the visa - and he doesn't want to pay the price to get it back.. They could have Jacked up the price - or whatever.. Now he doesn't want to be caught up in an illegal situation.. As most say - report it lost/stolen and get a new passport - then deal with getting the entry stamp prior to departing..

In case of a lost passport go to the police, just make sure you bring a Thai lady with you. If she is good with people etc she knows how to speak, she will do the talking and you have your -less hustle- report in a minute, which you can obtain alone anyway, they dont ask for overstay and if they ask you just smile and say no problem. It helps a lot if you have a pic of your passport, front page.

Then go to your embassy and get an ETD (emergency travel document). If you are from EU you can travel in any given country there, your embassy will note where you are traveling on your ETD. They will also give you another document for the immigration (..etc...has lost his passport, please assist Mr.... for a safe return to homeland etc). Make sure you get that doc too, they must provide you one.

Go to the airport as early as possible the day you are flying. Dress well. Dont wait no matter how many people are in front of you, go straight to the VIP desk or any other desk and say you have an emergency travel doc. They will take care of you. If they turn you away and say that you have to go to your local immigration office beforehand, just say your sister or someone else lost his/her passport and they didnt have to go elsewhere, insist on that, or ask to see their supervisor. Have your police report ready and copies of your passport pages if possible. It will also help you clear immigration sooner.

You pay the fine and go.

Apply for a new passport from your country.

Edited by mpa