Right or Wrong

I will be traveling to Lao on Monday 28th, 90 day report, in and out. My problem involves children of 4 and 5 years old. My sister in law who will be taking me seems to think the children will be able to clear immigration with just their birth certificates, and travel across free. This will be from Mukdahan and I will be using the services of a taxi, same driver I always use as he is aware of my disability.

To avoid any embarrassment on the day is my sister in law correct.

One can only assume you mean that you wish to leave and re enter to activate another 90 days on a non o multiple entry visa.

Obviously your query is regarding the children leaving and re entering without a passport,depending on what your attempting to actually achieve is there any need for them to go over with you ?

Edited by stoneyboy
  • Like 1

Sorry if I was not clear enough, I will just leave, cross the bridge and return. Receive another 90 days in my passport, do a little shopping in Mukdahan and home. I have been doing this for years without problems. My question was more to do with the children.

Thanks for the replies, house registration, are children of that age required to be in the book.

They are not my children but they are Thai.

The children should be in a housebook.

If you are not the children's parent you may need a letter from the parents authorising you to take them out of the country.

Thanks for the replies, house registration, are children of that age required to be in the book.

They are not my children but they are Thai.

Yes all Thais should be registered in the tabian bahn or house book.

Many are registered at parents homes etc but work in Bangkok and often never live where they are registered.