Calendars, don't forget to get yours.

worgeordie

Most of the Banks will be giving free ones,hang it on the wall

fill in your most important dates,like when extension,and 90

days are due,could save you 2K THB if you forget.so well

worth having and keeping it up to date.

regards Worgeordie

Google calendar.. Automatic reminders on your phones scheduler..

Save the trees wink.png

Hope you never loose your phone,sometimes the simpler things

are easier.

regards Worgeordie

Its all in the cloud.. From my desktop, my tablet, my phone, etc etc.. Its not 'in' the phone.. The Phone is merely one of the many ways you access the schedule.

Losing the phone doesnt lose your data any more.. Thats oh soo 2004 ;)

Save the trees wink.png

are easier.

regards Worgeordie

Its all in the cloud.. From my desktop, my tablet, my phone, etc etc.. Its not 'in' the phone.. The Phone is merely one of the many ways you access the schedule.

Losing the phone doesnt lose your data any more.. Thats oh soo 2004 wink.png

It could also be called the belt and braces approach.

regards Worgeordie

Save the trees wink.png

are easier.

regards Worgeordie

Losing the phone doesnt lose your data any more.. Thats oh soo 2004 wink.png

It could also be called the belt and braces approach.

regards Worgeordie

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif good one.clap2.gif

Also not every Thai is equipped with smart phones and many of the older generation don't understand them which includes me. I have a Galaxy II that I still haven't figured out what is possible to do with yet.

Can any one tell me how to use it to find out the immigration schedule for the New year celebrations. Or do I just call some one up with it?whistling.gif

Bangkok Bank must have had a good year.been given 3 wall calendars and 2 desk top calendars so far from 3 branches.

Everything goes on the wall calendar, bill dates, 90 days,birthdays,medical appointments etc

Might be old hat to some, works for us laugh.png

Maybe I will ask Bangkok Bank. (They have been holding my millions for years anyway).

As for the Thai Airways desk calendar from the CM office it been. "Sold out", "For Thai only", "We called you about calendar you reserved but no answer" (No call logged so I call BS), and just plain ol' "Mai Mee Kha".

Still Trying.

Edited by arunsakda

Also not every Thai is equipped with smart phones and many of the older generation don't understand them which includes me. I have a Galaxy II that I still haven't figured out what is possible to do with yet.

I know what's possible with mine, I just can't be bothered. I connect to the internet once a month to update currency rates on the only app I use then turn off wifi to save the battery.

I know what's possible with mine, I just can't be bothered. I connect to the internet once a month to update currency rates on the only app I use then turn off wifi to save the battery.

I cannot imagine how I could run the things I do even going back 3 or 4 years..

Team wide email, I can monitor and set everyones schedules, see project tracking and progress, discuss.. Have team meetings via hangouts. Sometimes when you step back and think of the incredible pace of change in productivity tools and how its made location independent communication, even more than that full integration of team and group tasking.. Its pretty amazing what google does.

I cannot imagine how I could run the things I do even going back 3 or 4 years..

Team wide email, I can monitor and set everyones schedules, see project tracking and progress, discuss.. Have team meetings via hangouts. Sometimes when you step back and think of the incredible pace of change in productivity tools and how its made location independent communication, even more than that full integration of team and group tasking.. Its pretty amazing what google does.

For business purposes yes, but for most of us (and that includes all of the walking dead, the phone-zombies) it is overkill. I'm not a Luddite, I worked on the internet way back in the dark ages and 1,400 kbs modems\, and I can see why pretty much everybody needs a mobile phone and how good they are for emergencies, but like most people I don't need to be contactable in multiple ways when out and about and I'm well connected at home - I have a PC, a laptop and a tablet. And a camera. If that isn't enough I give up. The only reason I have a smart phone is because I don't have an iPod for travelling and it's handy when we go away and don't want to lug anything else with us, but Mr K still has a $10 Nokia held together with an elastic band and will have it until 2G is eventually phased out which will be a long time in Asia (it will be next year in Australia I believe).

As for the pace of change in productivity tools, I am still impressed at the humble fax machine.