Two new year U-turns .............

prk888

On 12/6/2016 at 11:53 PM, chickenslegs said:

I never imagined that vehicles would overtake on a solid white line near the brow of a hill or a blind bend whilst flashing their headlights for oncoming traffic to move over.

Then I came to live in Thailand.

And then seeing a presumably foreign member on this forum posting that he breaks the traffic law on intention just  makes you wonder why they are here in the first place.

Anyway, I passed there this afternoon, and at the entrance of makro was a policeman writing a ticket for 2 foreigners who had crossed that white line on their bikes.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, SimpleChap said:

And then seeing a presumably foreign member on this forum posting that he breaks the traffic law on intention just  makes you wonder why they are here in the first place.

Anyway, I passed there this afternoon, and at the entrance of makro was a policeman writing a ticket for 2 foreigners who had crossed that white line on their bikes.

No need to hide your light under a bushel, name this dastardly foreign law breaker immediately!

BTW, how do you know what they were being ticketed for?

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

No need to hide your light under a bushel, name this dastardly foreign law breaker immediately!

BTW, how do you know what they were being ticketed for?

No hiding at all, but I don't need to do your homework, isn't it?

Hint, he just confessed. :-)

How do I know what they were ticketed for? Becazuse I came from the south side, saw them crossing way ahead of me, and get stopped by the policeman at the entrance with ticket book in hand.

They both wore a helmet.

8 hours ago, SimpleChap said:

No hiding at all, but I don't need to do your homework, isn't it?

Hint, he just confessed. :-)

How do I know what they were ticketed for? Becazuse I came from the south side, saw them crossing way ahead of me, and get stopped by the policeman at the entrance with ticket book in hand.

They both wore a helmet.

...and had a bike driving license.

30 minutes ago, SimpleChap said:

And now a lonely cop at the entrance of makro stops every bike to check if they have a driver license?

You always need to have the last word don't you?

Not about having the last word at all but I shopped at Makro yesterday around 1 PM. No cop.

You may be pleased to know I came down Chiaypruek and turned north so didn't cross those solid white lines and shoot the gap either.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Not about having the last word at all but I shopped at Makro yesterday around 1 PM. No cop.

You may be pleased to know I came down Chiaypruek and turned north so didn't cross those solid white lines and shoot the gap either.

Each time you do this you increase your life expectancy by a few tenths of one percent (so long as you look out for the red light jumpers at the Suk/Chaiapruek lights).:smile:

if you are  in Authority and are reading this, as a poster suggested in ID 243 you might be, then please action something!   Unfortunately I know not what though.

Again mid morning i watched from way back as a black pickup turned and from the turn roared across all 4 lanes of fast holiday traffic  directly  into Makro.  

Unbelievably close !

It is only a matter of time and it will not be an accident (by definition) but manslaughter or even murder

8 hours ago, prk888 said:

if you are  in Authority and are reading this, as a poster suggested in ID 243 you might be, then please action something!   Unfortunately I know not what though.

Again mid morning i watched from way back as a black pickup turned and from the turn roared across all 4 lanes of fast holiday traffic  directly  into Makro.  

Unbelievably close !

It is only a matter of time and it will not be an accident (by definition) but manslaughter or even murder

I hope you got his number and reported it to the police.:post-4641-1156694606:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, johng said:

Was that about the embedded video clip with the motorcycle merging? The motorcycle driver wasn't headed for Makro but did want the get out of the fast lane ASAP and was signalling her intent to do so all the time... and was wearing helmet. On the other hand, the car driver was quite happy to bowl along, well aware of the merging traffic threat at the well-signposted u-turns and oblivious to the constant peril of the unsighted motorcycle which is hardly unique to this location.

4 out of 10. Must try harder.

41 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Well, it is illegal for motorcycle to be using the right lanes unless overtaking

But what else can the motorcycle do when doing a u-turn? The one in the video was clearly heading for the left lanes where she ought to be, no?

Archived