3-year Multiple Non-B Visa Launched

Ten years ago I got a 3-year non-imm B visa and corresponding 3-year work permit. No need to leave the country, but one was supposed to report every 90 days to immigration locally (something which in those days were not strictly enforced). I am Norwegian, and worked for a Swedish multinational, under BoI (Board of Investment) zone 3 privileges. Perhaps Sunbelt can enlighten us if this is still possible? (I have long since retired, and will change from the 3 mill. investment visa to retirement visa next year, when I turn 50).

But it will of course not be of any help for anyone not fulfilling the requirements of BoI, Labour Department and Immigration. But it was less hazzle, issued at the "one-stop service center", and 3 years without any paperwork!

the 3 million baht investment scheme has just finished.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I want to change to retirement visa, even though I might be "grandfathered in" as some on here claim (have had it for 3 years now). But retirement is also a cheaper option, not having to tie up 3 mill. in the bank, even though I do get the same interest rate as Thai people do. As another poster said, what about 3-year retirement visas? Or 5? Yeah, dream on...

I think it is great that Thailand is finally doing something about the lack of VISA regulations, god knows how many killers, rapists, and paedophiles are running around the country. I might be getting the wrong vibes here but it sounds like most of the posters on this thread are not on work permits or any other type of VISA other than the VOA.

To be honest the rules and regulations here are already very lax even after the recent crack down on VOAs, I only hope that this will weed out the wasters and allow the rest an oportunity to make amends for the reputation that the 'farang kee nok' have left us with. :D

I am not targeting anyone in this thread, just stating my opinion.

Rant Over :D

So what makes you think that people with legitimate business visas will not be killers, rapists or paedophiles, as you put it. (or that people who cross the border every month are?) Where is the logic in that statement?

I would be more inclined to think, that most of the sexual abuse comes from people with money, as money is more often than not used to lure victims.

Either way, on the visa issue, same as the drinking age issue, my opinion is that noone should make blanket rules for everyone. If you catch someone breaking the law, kick them out and keep them from coming back, regardless of what kind of visa they hold or don't hold.

I think Thailand is on the right track in getting rid of people crossing the border every month, because it doesn't put any money in Thailands pockets. They should just issue them visas and charge for the visas, so the money will stay in Thailand instead of Burma, Laos or Malaysia.

Anyways, I can't believe that anyone would infer that people who cross the borders every month would be more likely to be criminals than anyone else with a long term visa. (I have a long term visa and it is not a direct attack on me, but I think to even infer something like that is disgusting, but that is just my opionion :o

Morning all!

My parents, both UK-based retirees, are struggling to get information from the Thai Embassy in London about what type of visa they should apply for that would enable them to spend upwards of two months a time, a couple of times a year in Thailand without leaving the country after 30 days. Does anyone have knowledge as to what type of visa they should ask for?

This new 3-year Multiple Non-B looks perfect but I guess it is restricted to those who are working in their home countries, not retirees.

Any clues anyone? Many thanks.

1 year multiple entry "non immigrant visa" gives your parents 90 days and then they may go cross the border or apply at immigration office for another 90 days and another 90 days.......

I think that you might find that one year multi-entry visas might dry up, unless people can show the appropraite income etc.

Seconded. People who are visiting Thailand for a couple months as tourists do not need a multi-entry non-immigrant visa when a simple tourist visa would suffice.

I use to stay 4-6 months that's why non imm. visa is very handy, I'm not staying in Thailand for the nigtlife or things like that. The climate is the reason for me, can't stand the winter and coldness in my home country due to blood circulation.

A new 3-year multiple Non-Immigrant "B" visa is now launched.

An equivalent has been available for years to Australians and many others - it is the APEC Business Travel Card. Genuine business travellers can get this for access to Australia, Brunei, Chile, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Peru, Thailand and Taiwan. You are issued with a card that is valid for all those countries for several years and show it on arrival.

You have access to priority immigration entry points at the airport and immediately get admission for 12 weeks.

These new visa arrangements simply match the APEC Business Travel Card.

It is not accurate to say it is equivalent..you cant get a work permit if you use the APEC card to enter Thailand.

It is not accurate to say it is equivalent..you cant get a work permit if you use the APEC card to enter Thailand.

Nor can you get a work permit with this new three year multi-entry non-immigrant 'B' visa.

So can somebody help me answer this question, or clarify my misunderstanding.

I went to a seminar last year called "Legal Guidance For Foreigners", and in that seminar, they basically stated that to do any work in Thailand, you need a work permit. The visa grants you entrance to the country, but does not grant the ability to work. The work permit must do this.

In fact, if you will remember, even the volunteers working to help Thai citizens after the tsunami needed to get work permits.

So, now we have a 3 year "business" visa which does not allow you to have a work permit. How is this possible by Thai laws? Are they now saying that you do not need a work permit if you have this kind of visa, or if you just come here "occasionally" for work?

Can "work here occasionally" and stop paying taxes? Somehow, this just does not seem correct.

Or am I just missing something with respect to this?

Nor can you get a work permit with this new three year multi-entry non-immigrant 'B' visa.

So is this new 3 year Visa not actually a proper "Non-Immigrant Visa" as such, but rather a special kind of "Business Visa", similar to how Thai Elite has a special "Tourist Visa" ???

So is this new 3 year Visa not actually a proper "Non-Immigrant Visa" as such, but rather a special kind of "Business Visa", similar to how Thai Elite has a special "Tourist Visa" ???

A restricted non-immigrant visa or whatever. With the Thai employment restriction, this visa deserves its own designation.

A new 3-year multiple Non-Immigrant "B" visa is now launched.

More info below:

Page 1:

post-128-1160782369_thumb.jpg

Page 2:

post-128-1160782421_thumb.jpg

Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Can anybody refer me to a site with a this announcement in Thai? I am going to Warsaw in two days and think they may not have the announcement and it would help if I had a copy in Thai. Also, this announcement is not yet listed on the official Thai Ministry of Foregin Affairs site, http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php; none that I can find anyway. Any help would be greatly

appreciated. :o

How ignorant the Great Howard ever condemns me again, but I see that also others have noticed this to be a bit confusing to name this new shiny visa as simply Non-Imm B. It is VERY different from the existing 1 year one and nameing it very similarly, IS misleading. It is NOT just the validity that is different from the existing Business visa.

For many of us, who are currently on Non Imm B, this new visa is out of the question because of this employment thing.

Edited by Hans Lankari

True, and notice that the honorary consuls are forbidden to issue this three-year visa.

Where are you supposed to get it then?

There are official consulates and honorary consulates. The Thai government (e.g., embassy) websites identify which are which.

1. The pages posted should have been full blown pdf files - not thumb nails. Sorry George.

2. So, it is impossible for me or my girl-friend to read the real language.

3. So what is the hoopla about? So ###### confusing !!!

Sorry, give me something that can be read !!!

Now the million Baht question. Since this post was made, has anyone made an attempt to get one of these new visas?

I suspect that it is aimed at new business travellers to Thailand. I am concerned because my passport is full of Thai visa stamps, having been a resident here for quite a few years. I am a Director on the Boards of several companies here but do not work in an office here per se (I use my computer at home to check on business). I travel frequently and our company (with HQ in Italy) does employ me (by way of ocasional Directors fees) to see its clients both here and within the region. This being the case, I wonder if I qualify for this Visa even though I reside in BKK? Our company is involved in trade and investment promotion of Thailand to Italy and visa versa. We have quite a few clients here in Bangkok so I should be able to get the necessary letters and supporting documents. Fingers crossed.

I am going to try a tester email to the Thai Embassy in KL to see what response I get to my particular situation. If any of you Visa gurus in the meantime have any experiences, suggestions, comments etc, I would welcome them.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

• 2 months later...