Can I buy Red Rice Yeast powder in CM?

Greeen

I would advise against it. The active component in red yeast rice powder is actually chemically identical to a statin drug. you risk the same side effects and have a greater risk of liver damage because you have no way of knowing what concentration of active ingredient is in the powder and you will not have any follow-up blood work to check your liver enzymes.

Edited by tonray

I would advise against it. The active component in red yeast rice powder is actually chemically identical to a statin drug. you risk the same side effects and have a greater risk of liver damage because you have no way of knowing what concentration of active ingredient is in the powder and you will not have any follow-up blood work to check your liver enzymes.

ah, thanks that slipped my mind

I might just trial a bottle from iherb at a very low dose...

ah, thanks that slipped my mind

I might just trial a bottle from iherb at a very low dose...

I only know this because I did this years ago..and my liver enzymes shot up...luckily my annual blood work up caught it and I stopped before any permanent damage was done

Statins are probably only good for the pharmaceutic companies? For years statin like medicines are prescribed and for half of it they heal you and for the other they kill you.

I am not sure (didn't check it out yet) if Thai people have cholesterol, but due to their eating habits with loads of (old) fat from deep frying and loads of sugar in everything, I guess they have high bad cholesterol and what more. Maybe good blood pressure anyways because of the herbs and garlic and prik. The death toll of road accidents might even be neglectable to the death toll on heart failure. Stop the road blocks and start a campaign on healthy food.

Statins are probably only good for the pharmaceutic companies? For years statin like medicines are prescribed and for half of it they heal you and for the other they kill you.

I am not sure (didn't check it out yet) if Thai people have cholesterol, but due to their eating habits with loads of (old) fat from deep frying and loads of sugar in everything, I guess they have high bad cholesterol and what more. Maybe good blood pressure anyways because of the herbs and garlic and prik. The death toll of road accidents might even be neglectable to the death toll on heart failure. Stop the road blocks and start a campaign on healthy food.

There seems to be some evidence of statins significantly lowering cholesterol and ldl on pubmed

But some people experience severe side effects like muscle pain and raised liver enzymes

My cholesterol levels have shot up in the 5 years in Thailand and my diet is not too bad, I avoid fried food, eat lots of vegetables and I'm quite active but my levels are still high so I'm going to try a low dose of red rice yeast extract and check liver enzymes after 2-3 weeks