Bus crashes and overturns in Phitsanulok Injuring 27 passengers

webfact

Bus Crashes and Overturns in Phitsanulok Injuring 27 Passengers

PHITSANULOK: -- Holiday bus travelers were shaken up yesterday when their Khon Kaen-bound tour bus from Chiang Mai crashed while nearing Muang district of Phitsanulok province early on Sunday, police said.

Pol Capt Noppadol Mai-ngam, a Muang district police investigator, said the accident happened at 1.25am on the road between Sukhothai-Phitsanulok.

The bus with about 40 passengers slid across the road median to the other side, rammed into a power post and overturned.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/bus-crashes-and-overturns-in-phitsanulok-injuring-27-passengers.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2015-12-28

I have gone by the bus on that road many times and I realized a long time ago that it's not the safest road to be traveling on and it's all up to luck if we survive or not in the traffic here in Thailand!
InDecember 2013 I could read a similar news about a bus crash in the mountain areas of Phetchabun with 29 dead, I had gone with the bus from the same company, on the same haul but leaving Khon Kaen about 1 hour earlier than the bus that crashed.

I have gone by the bus on that road many times and I realized a long time ago that it's not the safest road to be traveling on and it's all up to luck if we survive or not in the traffic here in Thailand!

InDecember 2013 I could read a similar news about a bus crash in the mountain areas of Phetchabun with 29 dead, I had gone with the bus from the same company, on the same haul but leaving Khon Kaen about 1 hour earlier than the bus that crashed.

Bus travel in Thailand should be avoided , that's why good tourist companies always fly you around Thai. I've driven the car over this section dozen of times , there's nothing wrong with the road, with some drivers yes.

Edited by chainarong

i swear i looked at TV today and thought "i wonder if there is yet another crash of some sort"

and there it was...

also some more innocent kids accused of murder again... i didn't think that would happen again so soon.

" we safe. thailand safe."

The bus "slid "across the road, black icetongue.png ,its a good job they

don't have snow and ice here the number of accidents would

be off the charts.

regards Worgeordie

A good point. However, you only need rain. I remember about 15 years ago coming on a golf holiday with a group of 20. It had rained that morning for the first time for several weeks. On our way from DM airport to Pattaya we saw about 4 lorries and one bus plus some cars that had come off the road into the central 'ditch'. Horrifying.

The bus "slid "across the road, black icetongue.png ,its a good job they

don't have snow and ice here the number of accidents would

be off the charts.

regards Worgeordie

They already are off the charts, there are a lot we don't know about.

Are you sure that wasn't the one between Tak and Maesot? I do not recall one near Phetchabun.

Maybe I'm wrong, there are that many bus crashes in Thailand now.

Are you sure that wasn't the one between Tak and Maesot? I do not recall one near Phetchabun.

This was from Khon Kaen to Lom sak, at the end of Nam Nau National Park.

I'm a little confused, I am referring to the bus crash in Dec 2013.

Please do the responsible thing and mention the name of the bus company.

Let the consumer decide which company is worth spending $ on.

Just do it!

Does anyone recognize the name of this bus company?

I see "beaters" like this come out of Terminal 3 and onto the Super highway daily. The drivers are "whackamole" on something as they press themselves into the oncoming traffic.

post-248586-0-81659500-1451299041_thumb.

I'm a little confused, I am referring to the bus crash in Dec 2013.

Yes, end of December 2013

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/692132-29-killed-in-thailand-bus-accident-police/page-1