Thai police defend Koh Tao murders investigations

webfact

What happened to Thaivisas very own RTP glee club??

They have gone very quiet.....................wonder why??

Oh silly me..............it's high season............they are busy at their diving schools..................coffee1.gif

There's always the possibility they could have a conscience over the verdict.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The case will go to appeals and if overturned- the prosecution will appeal that decision and vice versa. This case will not be settled until it get to the Thai Supreme Court- many years from now. I wish there was a wealthy benefactor who would put up some investigation money for the defense. Every person who was in the AC Bar that night needs to be found and questioned. Someone saw something. It is not normal for there to be so much silence from potential witnesses. However, during the coming appeals process, someone will crack- they need a little help to make sure they are not then silenced.

Before that happens our dear PM will order Thailand to shut itself down from the International world.......... wanna bet?

Sadly, you are probably right.

Looking at expressions on faces of police, brought to mind some 12 year olds caught cheating on a quiz and kept after school. Not really a look of sincere belief they did world class job, although may have done "their best" (which is just not good enough). Circle the wagons.

You can trust them! After all, they are all paratroopers (apparently).

Seriously, can anyone spot a single one of them from previous clips/stills of RTP actually involved in the case (as opposed to simply being rolled out to pad a photo op)?

"We work based on the principle of transparency and fairness"!

attachicon.gifdislike1.jpg

First the army, and now RTP. Mark Twain never visited Thailand, BUT he certainly had these guys summed up pretty well when he said, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics".

In the context of the RTP, the statistics speak for themselves.

Attributed to various people, but Mark Twain was none of them.

Filthy, disgusting, corrupt, pathetic 3rd world country, liars. coffee1.gif

They can control and fool simple uneducated natives, but not the ex-pats , many who are highly educated and can and will think for themselves.

I can agree with the 3rd world country comment.

I don't think that "Joe Thai" is fooled at all - perhaps without the necessary resources to respond immediately - BUT - that will change - and that's exactly what the junta leader and his cronies fear - especially the possibility of another coup - which is fomenting and sucking up a lot of their attention and energy

I was with some Thais for dinner last evening and this subject came up. They all believe that the Burmese lads are guilty. One of them attended court every day and said that the Prosecutor made a flawless case. I asked about the contaminated crime scene, lack of direct evidence implicating the accused and the mishandled DNA evidence. I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about.

The result is that Thais don't want to admit that a Thai could have committed such an atrocity. All this case proves is that the Police with the aid of an un-named judge and lots of money changing hands can put together an undeniable case. Forget about the truth. The Thai criminal justice system isn't just plain broke, it is as corrupt as Lucifer.

No Burmese is going to get justice in Thailand, the Thais can't stand them, there's a long history conflict between the two nations.

I am surprised these people can sleep in their beds blatantly stating the murder case was dealt with fairness they denied everything from start to finish and ended up concocting dna to suit the crime and appease the victims families I feel sorrow for the two boys they are the victims of a gross miscarriage of justice and though they have a right to appeal I fear it will be a pointless gesture.

When this item appeared in my mail box it showed up as "Thai Police defend koh tao murders."

Not yet, I thought, not yet, they can't be that brazen.

Then when I opened the item, I saw the complete headline, "Thai Police defend koh tao murders investigations."

Just to be clear - it the death sentence is carried out (formally or informally) and if the two Burmese are in fact innocent (after the botched court case, I have no idea about who the murderers are, but I have an even more diminished opinion of the RTP), then we are looking at four murders, not two.

I hope the appeals process is allowed to run its course, and that it inspires more confidence in its integrity than what we've seen in the police investigation and the court case so far.

I hope the same but unfortunately their fate was sealed when the PM announced that the police did a sterling job and that they will get there reward money. After that the court process and appeal process was and will be just that, a process, without a quest for the truth. There is no way that the court will over turn the verdict, the only thing that could happen is that they get a reduced sentence and then get a pardon (behind the scenes). Small men don't like to lose face.

"Those reports are groundless. Doctors have examined the defendants' physical health and there is no sign of torture," Prachum said.

Water boarding and rubber hoses don't leave any physical signs. That might be the only "professional law enforcement procedure" the police carried out skillfully.

Well you can put that down to another thing the can't do properly because Zaw Lin claimed the bruising on his chest was from torture, and not from David fighting back when he attacked him

Interesting you should say that 'DD'. Perhaps you could explain why David suffered small cuts and injuries to his arms and hands when according to the RTP and their acolytes, he was suddenly attacked/incapaciated from behind with a hoe, by 2 sex-craving Burmese thugs. According to the evidence David's DNA was on the handle of the hoe, in which case he was in a fit state to defend himself. Are you now rebutting the police/prosecution version of events, saying David was not suddenly attacked but was involved in a violent struggle with his assailants, during which Zaw Lin suffered injuries to his chest. Please clarify your point.

"Those reports are groundless. Doctors have examined the defendants' physical health and there is no sign of torture," Prachum said.

Water boarding and rubber hoses don't leave any physical signs. That might be the only "professional law enforcement procedure" the police carried out skillfully.

Did the B2 provide any details of how they were tortured?

They did. In court. You can search Thai Visa

Ignore him Sweat, he's a pure troll with no agenda other than stirring the shiite.

Late to the forum and clearly hasn't even bothered to familiarise himself with the case at all. Another troll, just not a very smart or bright one.

I think he's just trying to take the mickey.

Well you can put that down to another thing the can't do properly because Zaw Lin claimed the bruising on his chest was from torture, and not from David fighting back when he attacked him

It was weeks after the crime for god's sake. where the hell is the ignore button. igged your previous identity as it was so tedious reading your bent truths, off topic steers, and ridiculous conjecture and shall do so again with your new identity.

The case will go to appeals and if overturned- the prosecution will appeal that decision and vice versa. This case will not be settled until it get to the Thai Supreme Court- many years from now. I wish there was a wealthy benefactor who would put up some investigation money for the defense. Every person who was in the AC Bar that night needs to be found and questioned. Someone saw something. It is not normal for there to be so much silence from potential witnesses. However, during the coming appeals process, someone will crack- they need a little help to make sure they are not then silenced.

Before that happens our dear PM will order Thailand to shut itself down from the International world.......... wanna bet?

Sadly, you are probably right.

Yeah, this could be the end of Thailand's internet and communication system coming soon, branding every youngster modern rebel as a threat to be taken as Burma treatment victim.

They MUST defend their Murder investigations,,,,,They Absolutely Can't lose Face in front of the whole world,,,,I am not saying that they are Right, I am not saying that they are Wrong,Now you can get into Trouble if you ,,,Like or Dislike,,,Sounds like a load of Shit to me.thumbsup.gif

Don't know if they were tortured.

The dna was certainly collected poorly.

The dna was presented badly in court by both the prosecutor and the defense.

But no getting around they had David's phone. They were there.

And for now are in the correct place.

Just to make it simple, that whole farce was RIGGED from the beginning to the end............

Incorrect ! Not rigged from the beginning as the first investigating officer found and declared who the real murders were, namely brother of Village headman, owner of AC bar, MON and head mans son. Proved, so he said by CCTV. However this person Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen , was quickly replaced by another. Then the RIGGING began. whistling.gif

just to avoid giving the trolls another chance to nag around:

It seems that Panya Mamen's transfer at that date was planned long before this case.

So it was just good fortune for the criminals to replace him by another one who "knew how to behave."

It was only ever one poster who said this - JTJ I think. And he was asked over and over to provide a source, which he avoided for months until finally dragging up something which was dated about 6 years earlier. When this was pointed out he said 'oh yes! but thois one was planned too'. Show me a source for this planned transfer

Don't know if they were tortured.

The dna was certainly collected poorly.

The dna was presented badly in court by both the prosecutor and the defense.

But no getting around they had David's phone. They were there.

And for now are in the correct place.

Your way too too quick to make such an assumption about the phone.

It's quite possible they walked into the area 1 minute / 1 hour after the event, not even realizing that just a few meters away there had been a murder, saw the phone and picked it up.

let's be honest, many Thais, and many other people, would have no hesitation to see the phone, look around and not able to see an owner so just pick it up and keep it (not really honest but quite normal behavior).

l say again, your way too quick to make such an assumption about the phone.

Edited by scorecard

When this item appeared in my mail box it showed up as "Thai Police defend koh tao murders."

Not yet, I thought, not yet, they can't be that brazen.

Then when I opened the item, I saw the complete headline, "Thai Police defend koh tao murders investigations."

Just to be clear - it the death sentence is carried out (formally or informally) and if the two Burmese are in fact innocent (after the botched court case, I have no idea about who the murderers are, but I have an even more diminished opinion of the RTP), then we are looking at four murders, not two.

I hope the appeals process is allowed to run its course, and that it inspires more confidence in its integrity than what we've seen in the police investigation and the court case so far.

After living in Samui for 9 years, I wouldn't believe a word of what the RTP say-- and certainly not a Judge!

Sorry, but the past history of saving face and covering up is too prominent in my memory.