Self-Employed Foreigner looking for solutions (I seriously need help....)

Even if you were able to get a non 'B' visa it wouldn't entitle you to work. To be able to work you would need a work permit, which you wouldn't get unless you're employed by a Thai company.

Correct. Sadly, that does not answer my question.

A business operated from within Thailand is not fully UK-based.

Off-topic and incorrect.

• Like 1

If you have a company legally formed in your home country you might be able to get a multiple entry non-b visa for business that would allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year by applying for it at an embassy or consulate there. See: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

I can confirm that this still works as per December 2015. But better use a honorary consulate rather than the embassy

Would anyone be able to expand on this please? What exactly would that entail?

From the information in the link, it appears that you would either have to work for a Thai company (specifically Point 2.1 [1]), or have dealings with Thai companies (specifically point 2.1 [2]), which you would have to be able prove with supporting documentation.

I take it merely having a company registered in the UK, which is verifiably active and trading, would not be enough to secure this visa?

For background I am a digital nomad (freelance translator) working online here in Thailand but fully UK-based. My attention was piqued here, because I am looking for any other option that saves me from marrying the TGF smile.png

Those are generic requirements that not all embassies or consulates would require to get a non-b for business purposes. You would have to contact the embassy to find our their requirements. The London embassy's are here: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

Applying at one of the honorary consulates in the UK would not help because they have to submit all multiple entry visa application to the embassy for approval.

Those are generic requirements that not all embassies or consulates would require to get a non-b for business purposes. You would have to contact the embassy to find our their requirements. The London embassy's are here: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

Applying at one of the honorary consulates in the UK would not help because they have to submit all multiple entry visa application to the embassy for approval.

Thanks. This is definitely worth closer investigation and a phone call to the Embassy.

Given that the object of these regulations is to prevent foreigners taking jobs from Thais/working illegally, and that I can prove that my business is based in the UK and that I earn £ sterling in my personal UK bank account, one would hope there there could be a way ...

I will report back / create a new thread when appropriate.