No review of Koh Tao case, says Prawit

webfact

Of course there will be no review. Conducting a review would mean a lot of things.

1. It would be an admission that the case was not conducted properly.

2. It would be an admission that the police assigned to the case were of inferior quality, not talented or experienced enough, and simply not up to the task.

3. It might be an admission that the real perpetrators are still roaming free, and that is the case due to their massive influence and wealth.

4. It would be rocking the boat. We do not want to upset the status quo, nor the elite and the powerful.

5. It would be fair. We do not want to be fair. Why would we want to be fair? For whom? For what?

6. It would be an admission that we also have doubts about the flimsy and ridiculously inadequate evidence. If the Burmese guys were innocent, and made to do this by their employer (we all know who that was), their DNA would be all over the crime scene.

7. If Nodsod, the truly guilty party, did not rape the gal, but only had her murdered by his henchmen, his DNA would not be on the condom anyway. So, all of the hoopla that has been made of DNA is not really any sort of proof of anything anyway. Why would we want people to be able to question that?

There are so many doubts, and the case was so poorly handled, why would we want to have this re-visited? We got the outcome we wanted. Case closed. Job done. People happy. We happy. Little P. happy. All is good in the world. The outside world does not matter that much anyway. Thailand is the most important country in the world. Everybody knows that.

I really want to click like so much. Especially at the mis spelling of the name of the protected little one.

Yea---- I got a laugh at that one too cheesy.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on investing a small sum of Thb 50.000.000- into Thailand just to make my wife happy. Guess what .................

If I had a "small sum of 50,000,000 bt" I would not be looking at Gifting it to somebody else(especially a thai wife ) Man!! you have a lot to learncoffee1.gif

Im so grateful to Sir Tim Burners Lee for creating and donating the www to us, its taken the shackles off the human race and set us free, its reduced the our planet to the dimensions of a golf ball, theres nowhere for lying, cheating, grabbing, murdering, conniving bastards to hide now. We can run them down and expose them to the world for what they are.

Is any protest going to be labelled this was now? Trying to blame it on a hidden agenda is pretty far fetched considering the trial was so well publicized with all those discrepancies that were never accounted for. Pretty much all of Thailand believes them to be innocent scapegoats. I imagine most of the world is viewing this similarly in retrospect. Scapegoats or not the trial

Ial

Most of the world? Surely you are joking. Most of the world knows nothing about this.

Of course they wouldn't review the case. After all its Burmese that will be send to the gallows.

I do hope that the the appeals court and supreme court will be a good option as the case will be send to Bangkok and far away from the crooks on Koh Tao and Samui.

Yes, as another poster said, "they have the truth as they see it so there is nothing to review".

Besides that, with the RTP standing up and making several announcements over the last couple of days defending they horrible investigation, they have now painted themselves into a very tight little corner which they can't get out of without losing "huge face", which we all know is so incredibly important to Thai people. "Not losing face"............vastly more important than justice.

I just read the Bangkok Post. Oh my god, they are actually trying to pin outrage on a complete sham of a trial on their political enemies.

Absolutely disgusting.

Why the surprise?

These people in charge and a good percentage of the population prove time and again that they are totally without morals and completely incapable of or uninterested in telling right from wrong!!

Nothing is below them in their quest to keep their all important 'face' and whilst this is priority number one improving themselves, their people or their country is impossible...

I have had enough of the constant lies, cronyism and corruption so I am voting with my feet and getting my family out of this stye of a country before it all comes to a head....

Don't worry cheerleaders and junta lovers I wont let the door hit me on the way out....

I'm with you on this...I am tolerant and can take a lot of punches, but it is no longer a fair fight... these people scare me.

I was planning on investing a small sum of Thb 50.000.000- into Thailand just to make my wife happy. Guess what .................

It is NOT investing, it is gambling... the odds are against you.

From the Junta's reaction, it is plainly obvious that panic buttons are being hit. The beginning of the end for this mob, won't be long before they start turning on one another in an attempt to save their own miserable asses. Bring it on!

The rubber band is tightening... this guy is on the verge of snapping. I am afraid he is going to do some very stupid things.

Edited by Nowisee

What he said makes perfect sense from his perspective, UNFORTUNATELY the rest of the world does not really believe him, and why should they, most Thais do not. Attempting to pin it on a Political force with a hidden agenda is a NEW LOW even for the PM and his cronies. Congratulations many of my friends will no lonmger come here for a holiday as they do not TRUST the Thai enforcement agencies at ALL.

1112-wpcf_728x409.jpg

That stone cold face of Prawit, and the evil smile of the police officer behind him, speaks volumes...

If there were a competition for "Thailand's Most Honest and Trustworthy Face" Prawit would surely be the winner.

Koh Tao verdict will be trialed further

BANGKOK, 29 December 2015 (NNT)-Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said there is no need to re-investigate the murders of the two British tourists on Koh Tao, as the trial process was carried out according to the legal system.

The Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha also commented following the Myanmese Supreme Commander of Armed Forces General, Min Aung Hlaing's call for a retrial, saying that it would be impossible. Any attempt to assist the two convicted Myanmese nationals should be done under Thai law he said.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Prawit, claimed that the death sentence handed down by Samui Provincial Court is only a first instance case. It will have to be trialed further by the Appellate and Supreme Courts.

The Defense Minister also added that the Supreme Commander didn't try to go above the laws in Thailand by asking for a retrial. He said General Min Aung Hlaing only wanted to be sure of justice for his people.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-12-29 footer_n.gif

1112-wpcf_728x409.jpg

That stone cold face of Prawit, and the evil smile of the police officer behind him, speaks volumes...

Exactly what went through my mind when I opened this thread!

This photo reminded me of an 'anecdote' I read in a great book a while ago:

The world is run by one million evil men, ten million stupid men, and a hundred million cowards,’ Abdul Ghani pronounced in his best Oxford English accent, licking the sweet honey cake from his short, thick fingers. ‘The evil men are the power–the rich men, and the politicians, and the fanatics of religion–whose decisions rule the world, and set it on its course of greed and destruction.’

‘There are only one million of them, the truly evil men, in the whole world. The very rich and the very powerful, whose decisions really count–they only number one million. The stupid men, who number ten million, are the soldiers and policemen who enforce the rule of the evil men. They are the standing armies of twelve key countries, and the police forces of those and twenty more. In total, there are only ten million of them with any real power or consequence. They are often brave, I’m sure, but they are stupid, too, because they give their lives for governments and causes that use their flesh and blood as mere chess pieces. Those governments always betray them or let them down or abandon them, in the long run. Nations neglect no men more shamefully than the heroes of their wars.’

‘And the hundred million cowards,’ Abdul Ghani continued, pinching the handle of the teacup between his plump fingers, ‘they are the bureaucrats and paper shufflers and pen-pushers who permit the rule of the evil men, and look the other way. They are the head of this department, and the secretary of that committee, and the president of the other association. They are managers, and officials, and mayors, and officers of the court. They always defend themselves by saying that they are just following orders, or just doing their job, and it’s nothing personal, and if they don’t do it, someone else surely will. They are the hundred million cowards who know what is going on, but say nothing, while they sign the paper that puts one man before a firing squad, or condemns one million men to the slower death of a famine.’

‘So, that’s it,’ he concluded. ‘The world is run by one million evil men, ten million stupid men, and a hundred million cowards. The rest of us, all six billion of us, do pretty much what we are told!’

‘This formula–the one million, the ten million, the hundred million–this is the real truth of all politics. Marx was wrong. It is not a question of classes, you see, because all the classes are in the hands of this tiny few. This set of numbers is the cause of empire and rebellion. This is the formula that has generated our civilizations for the last ten thousand years. This built the pyramids. This launched your Crusades. This put the world at war, and this formula has the power to impose the peace.’

Dear Thailand,

Maybe so many want and have asked for further investigation because it's widely known that DNA testing results cannot be accurately processed in just two or three days like it apparently was for the hundreds of samples that were collected as evidence in Thailand, except maybe for a maternity test which can take two days.

Why doesn't Thailand investigators clearly explain how these tests were carried out for this case with all the DNA samples that were taken?

Thailand could have used a trusted spokesman to explain things to the public knowing that this case was high profile.

Instead, many speculated on much but Thailand didn't take the steps to clear up any confusion such as with the selected translator or the accused. Too much evidence was a missed opportunity for testing such as the victims clothes and the blood in the surrounding area that now we hear was not examined for DNA.

I think now after reading the final reports, it shows that there was a lot that was not transparent to the public causing much speculation.

I think many questions began to surface after seeing the reenactment on the beach when the accused visually displayed to the world that they were directed by the authorities to act out things (their actions) that were odd and clearly out of sink with the accused actions and not what really happened. From the beginning this created doubt in the public's mind.

It would be much more clear to the public if Thailand had a Q&A to clear up all the speculations such as the evidence or missing evidence of the CCTV footage from the cameras in and near the bars where the victims were seen.

By not clearing any of the speculation, Thailand will have this case hanging over them for a long long time to come.

I have a new business idea if anyone is interested. We basically get these goats and we loan them to various heads of police around the country. This way no humans will be injured.

When finished they can be cooked up and eaten. The added bonus is that if killed properly these will be halal. Thus we can use it to feed people too.

Any takers?

Dear Thailand,

Maybe so many want and have asked for further investigation because it's widely known that DNA testing results cannot be accurately processed in just two or three days like it apparently was for the hundreds of samples that were collected as evidence in Thailand, except maybe for a maternity test which can take two days.

Why doesn't Thailand investigators clearly explain how these tests were carried out for this case with all the DNA samples that were taken?

Thailand could have used a trusted spokesman to explain things to the public knowing that this case was high profile.

Instead, many speculated on much but Thailand didn't take the steps to clear up any confusion such as with the selected translator or the accused. Too much evidence was a missed opportunity for testing such as the victims clothes and the blood in the surrounding area that now we hear was not examined for DNA.

I think now after reading the final reports, it shows that there was a lot that was not transparent to the public causing much speculation.

I think many questions began to surface after seeing the reenactment on the beach when the accused visually displayed to the world that they were directed by the authorities to act out things (their actions) that were odd and clearly out of sink with the accused actions and not what really happened. From the beginning this created doubt in the public's mind.

It would be much more clear to the public if Thailand had a Q&A to clear up all the speculations such as the evidence or missing evidence of the CCTV footage from the cameras in and near the bars where the victims were seen.

By not clearing any of the speculation, Thailand will have this case hanging over them for a long long time to come.

I think less that it was not transparent as , there was no investigation. The police don't want to waste their time chasing murderers, going to labs, doing hard thinking. They want to get back to the profitable business of people smuggling, drug smuggling and getting paid by businesses so that those businesses can continue to operate legally.

The biggest question to ask is why when it is obvious there was no case against the burmese 2 was the case not thrown out of the door?

obvious, thailand needs to let the rest of the world knoq it will not change its methods even if it is obviously flawed. even if the other countries dissaprove. Thailand will continue its current course of institutionalised racism, etc until a real hero of the people appears.

Seems thailand is <deleted> right up until then.

thailand needs its own sukiyou like burma has. and even she don't stand up for the rohingyue because she knows that is a losing battle and will detract from her message of democracy or to put it more bluntyly she won't get elected if she gets behind a muslim minority group for equality

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

Their actions and desperation for this case to dissapear make them look more and more like they have something to hide.

We can but guess at the content of incoming traffic from their missions in capitals around the world, save perhaps for the ones in Beijing & Pyongyang.

Edited by evadgib