neighbors leave trash outside their condo doors

Recently moved into upmarket Rajadamri area. My building has many regulations, don't leave shoes in corridor (doesn't bother me their shoes are expensive, well maintained brands). A neighbor two doors down has been putting his trash outside his door at night (Usually don't get home until after 8PM and it is there and it is there when I leave the next morning between 7 and 8 AM. I've been here 6 weeks have complained at least once a week to building rep. She calls security guard and he just picks up their trash-doesn't say anything to them. Now my next door neighbor has started doing this. Security guard is called, picks up their trash same as before. Security guard seems to resent having to do this as it takes away his socialization time with other employees or playing with his phone and is not as friendly with me. I think this is because my complaints means he has to pick up the trash.

A friend who saw it said, "they will never confront the tenant/owner, think of the class hierarchy here." Never really thought of that as reason it continues. So I have put my trash on top of theirs...if anyone said anything I would say I thought this was the new trash location. That worked for about 2 days...both are back at it. I have to take the farthest elevator otherwise the elevator two doors down I have to walk by the smelly trash.

Any suggestions?

I have thought about contacting the owner-very hi-so Thai who had never rented this out before it was his in town place to stay when going to theatre or working late. OR I was thinking of getting paper printed in Thai and English showing location of trash bins (next to an elevator on opposite side of the floor) or pictures of their doors with trash showing night and morning time stamps put in the elevator saying don't leave trash outside your door. These are the types of signs in the elevator- dealing with pets, smoking, shoes etc just not trash.

Firstly, I wouldn't post your own notices in the elevator, you may run foul of rules preventing this.

Try the official complaints route via the condo management, not when the problem is actually there (or they'll just get security to move it), but via the specified complaints procedure.

The fact that you are renting will likely reduce your clout, so if no dice do get your landlord involved.

Just stuff a few dead cockroaches under their door at night, and keep on doing it until their selfish behaviour stops.

p.s.

Recently moved into upmarket Rajadamri area.

Thais, however much money or breeding they have, are incapable of doing "upmarket"

Edited by MUSTYJACK

In the strict sense it is the JPM’s responsibility to fix this.

In practice that is not likely to work

Your only hope is to persuade the committee to take action.

How?

The ‘House Rules ‘of the condo can be modified to deal with this.

The committee alone can modify the House Rules. There is no requirement for a vote from the co –owners at a general meeting.

So in the condo where I live we have :

6.2 In the event that the room owners or his/her representative contravene or neglect any of these regulations 6 1.1 through 6.1.27 inclusive , the committee have the right to instruct manager to implement the following procedure.(As do the Co owners via an official resolution)

a) Advise the co owner ,verbally or alternatively by email mail ,that a change in behavior is required by them or their Guests/Tenants .

cool.pngIf problem is still un- resolved after 24 hours then a 2nd E mail and registered letter to be organized.

c) The manager can use his /her discretion with timescales given that language/time zone difficulties can occur.

d) If this does not resolve the issue then the Manager (after seeking and obtaining permission from the majority of committee members) can implement the following :

Fine the co –owner with a 5000 Baht penalty . The payment to be received within 48 hours (or promise of payment to be received as quick as is practicable.)

If this is ignored then the water supply to room will be denied .

The specific rule pertaining to your problem is contained within Rules 6.1.1 through to 6.1.27 inc.

Does it work in practice . I do not know. There has never been a need to implement it.

All co –owners and tenants are given a copy when they move in.

Upmarket or not, If the Condo management does not alert the tenants to stop this kind of behaviour, it is a LOUSY Condo management.

I live in a not-so-upmarket Condo and recently the Condo mgmt started to enforce several rules that have been neglected in the past.

It is just a question of making an effort

I just had an Arab move in 2 doors down and promptly left his garbage out to be picked up I presume. Got a texter and paper and in capital letters wrote DO NOT LEAVE YOUR RUBBISH HERE with an arrow pointing down and taped to his door. It worked

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I just had an Arab move in 2 doors down and promptly left his garbage out to be picked up I presume. Got a texter and paper and in capital letters wrote DO NOT LEAVE YOUR RUBBISH HERE with an arrow pointing down and taped to his door. It worked

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

This. I would do the same.