Marriage at Hang Dong Amphur

davehowden

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As at 15/01/16 both Hang Dong and the main Muang Amphur office required a certified Thai translation of my UK passport.

Was told that is is now required everywhere, but then they would say that wouldn't they!

Something to do with slave trading, those bad bad frang.

As at 15/01/16 both Hang Dong and the main Muang Amphur office required a certified Thai translation of my UK passport.

Was told that is is now required everywhere, but then they would say that wouldn't they!

Something to do with slave trading, those bad bad frang.

They are 100% incorrect this not required everywhere.

So where in CNX is it not required for example, because I will go there and save a couple of bob.

You could try San Sai, Doi Saket Mae Rim and Lamphun. To start with. Have your future wife call and ask it will save you running about. The problem is this NOT a national law and is something that some amhurs on their own is requiring.

khwaibah

Sounds like you don't actually know of anywhere that does not require it?

Quite a few in Thailand that don't. i was married at the amphora in CNX by the 3 Kings moment 10 years back and I'm sill happily married. At that time they did not require his and as late as last year they did not require this. This maybe something that is coming out of the present government with a wink to crack down on scam marriages. Chiang Mai has such an over populations of foreigners aka faranges and that this is just another way to make money. As I said there is no national law requiring this. Have your future wife makes some calls. Do I now of an exact amphur, You bet your sweet hippy I do but for the cost of getting there you would be better off paying for the translation or fixit fee. Wishing you the best.

So where in CNX is it not required for example, because I will go there and save a couple of bob.

Wasn't required in Doi Saket, 5 years past.

What is there on a Passport that needs translating??

Name, age, country, expiry date .......... just silly.

Dear Dave,

Unfortunately what you want to know is unknowable. Things change day by day and for different officers, not just for different offices. You just have to go and try to do it, if you do not have what they want, go get it. It is really not a big deal to satisfy the requirements whatever they may be.

If you want certainty, you will not find it here.

I was talking about in CNX now, not 10 years ago or in Nakhon Nowhere.

I'll take Nakhon Nowhere any day over the farang ghetto of Chiang Mai with attitudes like yours.tongue.png I still wish you well wai2.gif but as other posters have said get off your duff as these so called rules change daily and do your research. Most people do not post info on forums and thats any forum.rolleyes.gif

Bill97

You say:

"A little testy Davy boy"

Not really.

I asked a simple question of a poster who had said:

"They are 100% incorrect this not required everywhere"

I would have thought it fairly obvious that I am not interested in 10 or 5 or 1 year ago but recently, in CNX.

If posters don't know what they are talking about maybe better to remain silent and let people think they are stupid, than to open their mouths and confirm it?

Bill97

You say:

Not really.

I would have thought it fairly obvious that I am not interested in 10 or 5 or 1 year ago but recently, in CNX.

If posters don't know what they are talking about maybe better to remain silent and let people think they are stupid, than to open their mouths and confirm it?

Nothing on the TV sign up pages states that posters must know what they are talking about or have an IQ greater than 17, does it?

Confusing your expectations with reality.

Bill97

You say:

Not really.

Key word "everywhere". You need to go back and learn reading comprehension. whistling.gif Now its Monday tomorrow, amphurs are open so get off your keyster and do some contacting of offices. facepalm.gif Poster have tried to help you.coffee1.gif

Bill97

You say:

Not really.

Key word "everywhere". You need to go back and learn reading comprehension. whistling.gif Now its Monday tomorrow, amphurs are open so get off your keyster and do some contacting of offices. facepalm.gif Poster have tried to help you.coffee1.gif

So tell me just ONE place that you KNOW that does not now require it, or you just blowing smoke ?

Bill97

You say:

Not really.

So tell me just ONE place that you KNOW that does not now require it, or you just blowing smoke ?

OK Amphur Kap Choeng. Now get off your high horse.tongue.png

RAWHOD

As of last Friday 15th they certainly did, and advised that it is a countrywide requirement now.

As mentioned elsewhere it is stupid requirement since most of the passport page information apart from name and place of issue etc. is numeric anyway, and what would be the point of asking the UK government to find me under my Thai name, but then TIT!

RAWHOD

As of last Friday 15th they certainly did, and advised that it is a countrywide requirement now.

As mentioned elsewhere it is stupid requirement since most of the passport page information apart from name and place of issue etc. is numeric anyway, and what would be the point of asking the UK government to find me under my Thai name, but then TIT!

OK how about a link for the source until its only a remour.

RAWHOD

Total BS. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/887443-passport-certified-for-amphure-marriage/#entry10321759

Total bullshit or not, this is what the Hang Dong Amphur wanted when I got married there yesterday.

Affirmation of Freedom to Marry from British embassy, translated into Thai and certified by MOFA in CNX.

Translation into Thai of the picture page of my UK passport to a format known by Language Corner as it seems this is a frequent request, no MOFA certification required.

The boss man there also wanted to know:

khwaibah

Well it was bl..dy well required at Hang Dong yesterday when I got married, how many times have you got married in the last few days, too many people here talking out of their backsides!

They also wanted to know:

How long had I lived in Thailand.

How long had I lived at my present address.

What was my monthly income.

Plus two payments of 200 baht each for the "invisible" witnesses.

I am posting this information for others who may be considering marriage at Hang Dong, not for the usual "Hot Air" blowers.

khwaibah

Well it was bl..dy well required at Hang Dong yesterday when I got married, how many times have you got married in the last few days, too many people here talking out of their backsides!

They also wanted to know:

How long had I lived in Thailand.

How long had I lived at my present address.

What was my monthly income.

Plus two payments of 200 baht each for the "invisible" witnesses.

I am posting this information for others who may be considering marriage at Hang Dong, not for the usual "Hot Air" blowers.

Congratulation on your marriage.wai.gif As for talking out their backside you can tell that to a TV mod as he is 100% correct. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/887443-passport-certified-for-amphure-marriage/#entry10321759 The problem with dealing with any amphur is you do as they require or do not move forward. Give your amphor time and sure as hell it will change its policy. Thats the way Thailand is.

Archived