Drug scam?

bazza40

I've been told by one of the villagers near the Chiang Rai - Phayao Road the police at one checkpoint are extorting falangs by finding drugs in their cars.

Apparently the scam works like this: The falang motorist fills his car with fuel at one of the many stations on that road. The attendant doing the filling conceals a small quantity of yaa baa or weed at the filler flap or elsewhere. The attendant then phones ahead the licence plate, car description and where he has

put the drugs to the checkpoint. The falang's car is then pulled over for an apparently random check. The drugs are found, the police shake down the falang for as much as they can get, and let him/her off with a stern warning. The accomplice at the fuel station gets a cut of the proceeds.

Any truth to this, anyone heard of it before, or was the guy just winding me up?

" Any truth to this, anyone heard of it before, or was the guy just winding me up?"

It's appeared in various versions on TV before. Usually starts along the line of " my friend's sister's second cousin said ..."

One of TV posters favorite words, it seems, is "scam." And it's not even April Fools' Day.

I have heard about such topics, in different procedure,,

heard about a guy they put in his pocket in bar and pub, then they bargained with him, when can't afford the amount they put him in jail where he died, this story happened 15 years ago before I came to here - as I heard from someone who knows this guy,

Why would the police go to such lengths, and take the risk of involving a third party, when they could just plant the drugs themselves?

Not that I think they'd do that either. A lot of people seem convinced that the police will plant drugs on them at any opportunity, but there seems to be little to indicate they actually do so.

'Any truth to this, anyone heard of it before, or was the guy just winding me up?'

A friend of a relative who's uncle has a neighbor told me ..... lol

I think you've been watching too much starsky & hutch ! blink.png

PS. you didn't happen to hear about this while sitting on a bar stool at your favorite piss hole ?

Edited by steven100