Gen Prem urges “love and unity” to run the country

webfact

Thank you General Prem, for being a leading member the Thai Community. I had the privilege of first meet him in the late 60's. Then again while he was PM, he came to Siam Park in 86 for New Years greetings, and again at a wedding party in Korat, for the son of Pol. LTG Lamtong.

Thank you General Prem, for being a leading member the Thai Community. I had the privilege of first meet him in the late 60's. Then again while he was PM, he came to Siam Park in 86 for New Years greetings, and again at a wedding party in Korat, for the son of Pol. LTG Lamtong.

did you wash his feet as well.

He was born 1920.
In his youth, Thailand was still forested all over with 90% natural rainforest.
Even as the Thais respect older people is outstanding.
And even in his old age, he knows exactly what is happening in Thailand.
And also the current military government gives him a high Wai.
And his strict message against corruption is clear.
He is 95 years old and has a lot more of clear mind as much as other celebrities in this country

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/gen-prem-compares-corrupt-officials-to-robbers/122545/

Prem lauds ‘sacrifice’ by Prayut, team

THE NATION

30275948-01_big.jpg?1451511594315

Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda, in yellow, with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha at his Si Sao Tewes residence, where the premier led Cabinet members and military and police commanders wished Prem a happy new year.

For the New Year, privy council chief urges top officials to be sure spending is for the good of the people

BANGKOK: -- PRIVY COUNCIL President Prem Tinsulanonda yesterday urged the Cabinet and military and police brass to ensure the state budget is spent for the true good of the country and the people.

"I understand that you are tired, but it's worth it if Thais are happy," the statesman said.

"I'm overjoyed to see the prime minister and you others sacrifice your own happiness to make the people in our country happy."

He also gave his blessings to the group led by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, which had called on him at his Si Sao Tewes residence to offer him the traditional New Year's greetings.

General Prem also gave General Prayut words of encouragement.

"The prime minister is a strong person. He never gives up, so he sets a good example," he said.

"I don't think you seek to gain power for yourself. You really work for the country and the people. I may not be of much help to you because I'm getting on in years now.

"But I can help with some thoughts and encouragement, as well as a smidgeon of knowledge," Prem said.

"People place their hopes in the prime minister, the armed forces and the police. They put their trust in you. So you must not disappoint them. Regardless of the hardship, you have to bear it," he said to his well-wishers.

Prem also told the group that he believed their virtuousness would serve to protect them from any evil.

"If you do good every day, you will have strong armour," he said.

Prem served as the Army chief from 1978-81 and as prime minister from 1980-88. He still holds much influence among top military commanders and politicians.

Prem also stressed the importance of unity among the people in the country, citing what His Majesty the King had brought up seven years ago.

"We have to understand that His Majesty meant love and unity must be taken into account in running the country," he said.

Later, Prem said he was warned to be careful because "many people dislike me".

However, he hoped virtue would be his good protection.

"Goodness should serve as the best armour. I hope that those who hate me will dwindle," he said.

Prem was speaking to another group paying their respects - senior cavalry officers. He was also one of them while in the Army.

"I'm like a dying horse that is very weak now. It's time I retire," said Prem, who is 95.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prem-lauds-sacrifice-by-Prayut-team-30275948.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-12-31

Wow. A photo of the old school completely bringing down a developing country. This is historic.

"People place their hopes in...................and the police." R u kidding me? Many Thais I have spoken with hate the Police because of their corrupt practices. Maybe not all Police are corrupt but then again none of them should be. They represent the law of the land (or should do so). sad.png

Prem lauds ‘sacrifice’ by Prayut, team

THE NATION

30275948-01_big.jpg?1451511594315

Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda, in yellow, with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha at his Si Sao Tewes residence, where the premier led Cabinet members and military and police commanders wished Prem a happy new year.

For the New Year, privy council chief urges top officials to be sure spending is for the good of the people

BANGKOK: -- PRIVY COUNCIL President Prem Tinsulanonda yesterday urged the Cabinet and military and police brass to ensure the state budget is spent for the true good of the country and the people.

"I understand that you are tired, but it's worth it if Thais are happy," the statesman said.

"I'm overjoyed to see the prime minister and you others sacrifice your own happiness to make the people in our country happy."

He also gave his blessings to the group led by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, which had called on him at his Si Sao Tewes residence to offer him the traditional New Year's greetings.

General Prem also gave General Prayut words of encouragement.

"The prime minister is a strong person. He never gives up, so he sets a good example," he said.

"I don't think you seek to gain power for yourself. You really work for the country and the people. I may not be of much help to you because I'm getting on in years now.

"But I can help with some thoughts and encouragement, as well as a smidgeon of knowledge," Prem said.

"People place their hopes in the prime minister, the armed forces and the police. They put their trust in you. So you must not disappoint them. Regardless of the hardship, you have to bear it," he said to his well-wishers.

Prem also told the group that he believed their virtuousness would serve to protect them from any evil.

"If you do good every day, you will have strong armour," he said.

Prem served as the Army chief from 1978-81 and as prime minister from 1980-88. He still holds much influence among top military commanders and politicians.

Prem also stressed the importance of unity among the people in the country, citing what His Majesty the King had brought up seven years ago.

"We have to understand that His Majesty meant love and unity must be taken into account in running the country," he said.

Later, Prem said he was warned to be careful because "many people dislike me".

However, he hoped virtue would be his good protection.

"Goodness should serve as the best armour. I hope that those who hate me will dwindle," he said.

Prem was speaking to another group paying their respects - senior cavalry officers. He was also one of them while in the Army.

"I'm like a dying horse that is very weak now. It's time I retire," said Prem, who is 95.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prem-lauds-sacrifice-by-Prayut-team-30275948.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-12-31

Wow. A photo of the old school completely bringing down a developing country. This is historic.

And not a single vote was cast....

He was born 1920.

In his youth, Thailand was still forested all over with 90% natural rainforest.

Even as the Thais respect older people is outstanding.

And even in his old age, he knows exactly what is happening in Thailand.

And also the current military government gives him a high Wai.

And his strict message against corruption is clear.

He is 95 years old and has a lot more of clear mind as much as other celebrities in this country

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/gen-prem-compares-corrupt-officials-to-robbers/122545/

surely that only increases his guilt. He is still influential and has been for many years and yet things have only got worse, it is one thing to remonstrate against corruption but another to really do something about it. I do believe that he is one of the incorruptible in Thailand and a man of good will but as they say in the West,'the road to hell is paved with good intentions'.

That is easy for me to say of course, i have no idea of the machinations behind the seat of power and naturally one man alone cant sail the ship but continual whispering in the captains ear could have diverted the ship from the reef.