imho, a POTY of the year is fine, but there's other folks who deserve recognition

orang37

Such as:

1. Poser of the Year

2. Voyeur of the Year

3. Wink-Nudge-Sexist-Sub-Text Poster of the Year

4. Bar-hound of the Year

5. Photographer of the Year

6. Troglodyte of the Year

7. Manic-Depressive of the Year

8. Schizophrenic of the Year

9. Whinger-Complainer of the Year

10. Thread Arsonist of the Year

11. Body-Narcissist of the Year

12. Un-educated-Un-Credentialed-Self-Annonited Doctor/Psychiatrist/Pharmacist/Nutrionist of the Year

13. Cultist of the Year

14. Mr./Ms. Off-Topic of the Year

15. Sexual Braggart of the Year

16. Hypochondriac of the Year

17. Most-Likely-To-Be-Deported Poster of the Year

18. Senile-Drooler of the Year

19. Alchoholic of the Year

20. Most Confused Poster of the Year

21. Most Vicious-Vendetta-Poster of the Year

22. Chief-Connisseur-of-Hamburgers

23. Cheapest Charlie (or Charlene ?)

24. Most Sarcastic

25. Most Ironic

26. Most Confusing

27. Most Bilious

28. Most Accidental (both recipient of, and cause of)

29. Most Humorless

30. Most Hormonal ( separate categories for testosterone and estrogen ?)

31. Most Trans-Gender (may need sub-categories here ? no-op ? pre-op ? post-op ? out ? in ? sideways ?)

32. Most Politically Correct

33. Most Politically Incorrect

34. Most Absurd

35. Most Surreal

37. Funniest

Well, I'll stop there, in order to leave room for your addenda ...

Come to think of it, we may need a unique award for every single poster, and, then, there's the sticky issue of what happens if one poster is the best in several categories ? That could lead to jealousy and all that.

cheers, and Happy New Year ! ~o:37;

We really should run our own contests here in the CM forum, you know. I really got steamed, realizing the important POTY title originated out of the "Farang Pub" forum. Really should be a broader selection, right?

Now, before ya'll think I hang out in the "Farang Pub", those who know me realize Chiang Mai has enough pubs, wine bars and fine restaurants to handle my needs. I was nominated by Jingthing, a courageous Farang Pub "patron" who knew me from the "Visa" subforum.

Why not have a "Chiang Mai Poster of the Year Contest" or "Chiang Mai Forum's Most Unforgettable Personality. I'm not particularly keen to organize these events since I organize so much stuff in real life. (I almost posted a plug for the latest Rotary event, but thought better of it)

Anyway, we really should "look at the numbers" and realize that the Chiang Mai forum is one of the most valuable forums on Thai Visa. Other regional forums have been split apart by petty disputes or never really taken off because of strong local competition. That never happen in Chiang Mai. At one point, way back before the current administration, CEC tried to start it's own forum and threw in the towel.

This is Chiang Mai's forum and we should use it to the fullest.

If we want to have our own contests, let's do it.

This is Thailand, and I'm stunned that no one yet (including me until a split second ago) has thought of TV's very own beauty contest, with prizes for::

Miss Thaivisa 2015.

Miss 90 Day Reporting 2015

Miss Thailand Overstay 2015

Miss ED Visa 2015

Miss Border Run 2015

Miss Retirement Visa 2015

Miss Permanent Residency 2015

Miss Re-entry Visa 2015

and my favourite

Miss Banned 2015.

(:) or Miss T-Eyed At Airport 2015)

This is Thailand, and I'm stunned that no one yet (including me until a split second ago) has thought of TV's very own beauty contest, with prizes for::

Miss Thaivisa 2015.

Miss 90 Day Reporting 2015

Miss Thailand Overstay 2015

Miss ED Visa 2015

Miss Border Run 2015

Miss Retirement Visa 2015

Miss Permanent Residency 2015

Miss Re-entry Visa 2015

and my favourite

Miss Banned 2015.

(smile.png or Miss T-Eyed At Airport 2015)

All excellent spices for the stew, but I think we need to inclusively celebrate the plethora of genders-that-were, genders-that-are, and genders-that-will-be, here ... one of the wonderfully diverse things here that makes the circus so ... entertaining :)

cheers, ~o:37;

Yes it is surprising that orang37 missed that. He would qualify as a candidate for most through.thumbsup.gif

Glad to see your excellent contributions on this thread; what if we could have a contest for almost every day of the year ?

We could even have contests for the best contestants, by age, gender, selfie-home, selfie-swimsuit, etc. How cool would that be ? Contests for the best losers, the most gracious runner-ups, the most-maudlin-winner's speech !

Modesty prevents me from telling you I have my heart set on #35, and I can disclose to you now that I did not propose a contest for multi-soul-mind beings in whom inter-species entities cohabit in one meat-package via quantum singularity out of ... well, perhaps the reason for that is best left unsaid, since it touches upon certain esoteric aspects of the inner teachings of the great Ur Orang's "Path of Slack," which the mind must be prepared for carefully, lest dysfunctional perceptions ensue that may lead to behaviors with consequences that may be misunderstood by others as insanity.

cheers, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Orang, if you really want to organize this thing, you need to revisit your OP and think about ... fewer .... words. And lists.

I agree, you own No. 35.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Nancy,

Congratulations on your being elected; if you enjoyed winning this contest, and it makes you feel good, I think it is an exquisite goodness for all our illusory-experienced-as-distinct-entity-soul-minds :)

"really want to organize this thing" ... Ahh, this does remind me of one of Ur Orang's interesting slokas in the "Path of Slack," in the exoteric, outer, teachings:

"Those who get you, do not take you seriously; those who take you do not have you; generally, everything you take gets you nowhere."

Happy Farang New Year to Thee and Thine !

~o:37;

As I had posted in the other POTY thread, I intend on a hosting the POTY reboot next year. Feel free to bring up ideas about how to improve the contest.

At its best it is a celebration of favorite personalities and acknowledgement of helpful posters in our community. At its worst it can bring out some very unattractive behaviors and takes everyone down a notch. Not that the drama doesn't have its own appeal, in small doses.

But the goal is to honor the best of us while keeping a healthy amount of competition, witty repartee, and of course entertainment.

I believe categories could be considered, but my main concern is to keep it simple and get it over with before it starts to fall apart.

If you have any ideas please let me know while POTY 2015 is still fresh in our minds.

Edited by canuckamuck

This whole POTY thing is going,well, just potty,it has sown discord between

members of this forum,and for what?.fighting tooth and nail,name calling,

with the winner thinking she is a female Donald Trump, (don't know about

the hair but),just hope next year there is not another one,i don't think we need it.

regards Worgeordie

I actually agree with Worgeordie about the POTY being somewhat potty.

As for Orang37s diatribe in post #12, well the last few words sum it up. But we dont misunderstand it as being insanity... I think it there is NO misunderstanding at all.

Happy New Year to ALL posters on the CM forum

We really should run our own contests here in the CM forum, you know. I really got steamed, realizing the important POTY title originated out of the "Farang Pub" forum. Really should be a broader selection, right?

Now, before ya'll think I hang out in the "Farang Pub", those who know me realize Chiang Mai has enough pubs, wine bars and fine restaurants to handle my needs. I was nominated by Jingthing, a courageous Farang Pub "patron" who knew me from the "Visa" subforum.

Why not have a "Chiang Mai Poster of the Year Contest" or "Chiang Mai Forum's Most Unforgettable Personality. I'm not particularly keen to organize these events since I organize so much stuff in real life. (I almost posted a plug for the latest Rotary event, but thought better of it)

Anyway, we really should "look at the numbers" and realize that the Chiang Mai forum is one of the most valuable forums on Thai Visa. Other regional forums have been split apart by petty disputes or never really taken off because of strong local competition. That never happen in Chiang Mai. At one point, way back before the current administration, CEC tried to start it's own forum and threw in the towel.

Congratulations on your win Nancy.

It appears that you were the only one to take the contest at all seriously and continue to do so.

After all we can not have just a bunch of f..k offs posting.

It appears that you were the only one to take the contest at all seriously and continue to do so.

Thank you Dante99. I guess someone has to be the one to answer the hapless newbie's question about where to find a good drycleaner, can you get a re-entry permit at CNX airport ahead of the midnight Korean Air flight to Seoul and do you really need to go to the hospital for rabies shots if a stray dog nips you but doesn't break the skin. Rather than making fun and taking potshots at the OP for daring to ask the question.

There are subforums on ThaiVisa for people who want to be be the class clown and compete to be the most witty, just as there are forums for those with other special interests like posting their beautiful photographs or discussing their farms. The Chiang Mai forum, IMHO, should be about helping people to understand CM and to discuss CM. If people want to play the class clown, then move to the appropriate subforum. I realize, of course, if I post many more cat photos, I'll be asked to do that in the pet subforum.

One category is enough to control and organise, you want more, good luck with that.

Local forum, local personalities etc, is a good idea, then maybe put your "regional" winner forward into a final of all the other forums.

OMG, you are actually thinking this is serious?

Thank you Dante99. I guess someone has to be the one to answer the hapless newbie's question about where to find a good drycleaner, can you get a re-entry permit at CNX airport ahead of the midnight Korean Air flight to Seoul and do you really need to go to the hospital for rabies shots if a stray dog nips you but doesn't break the skin. Rather than making fun and taking potshots at the OP for daring to ask the question.

There are subforums on ThaiVisa for people who want to be be the class clown and compete to be the most witty, just as there are forums for those with other special interests like posting their beautiful photographs or discussing their farms. The Chiang Mai forum, IMHO, should be about helping people to understand CM and to discuss CM. If people want to play the class clown, then move to the appropriate subforum. I realize, of course, if I post many more cat photos, I'll be asked to do that in the pet subforum.[/quote)

Your focus on the Pet Subforum would be welcomed.

Edited by Bill97

There are subforums on ThaiVisa for people who want to be be the class clown and compete to be the most witty, just as there are forums for those with other special interests like posting their beautiful photographs or discussing their farms. The Chiang Mai forum, IMHO, should be about helping people to understand CM and to discuss CM. If people want to play the class clown, then move to the appropriate subforum. I realize, of course, if I post many more cat photos, I'll be asked to do that in the pet subforum.

laugh.png cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif clap2.gif And you are still taking it seriously, marvelous. Get a good frame for your award certificate and mount it predominately.

NancyL your cat has obviously been teaching you lessons in cattiness. Congratulations on your win.

Next time you go to immigration,just say to them,

"Do you know who I am"?,..... Potty winner 2015.....

I am sure you will receive first class service,whisked

through in no time,Thais love contest winners.

you are so lucky.

Happy new year, all.

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

if you have to have a competition at all it makes much more sense to do it by province or forum. The POTY got very nasty and jingthing dominated everything and virtually took it over. I had not heard of any of the candidates. Do one here, if you must, leave alone the farang pub POTY and keep it friendly, funny and NOT serious.